Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Taxalot retardoes thread where he is criticized?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There are thousands of randoms with access to GD. Nothing you say here is private if you don't cover your identity properly. If the lizard juice wanted to destroy the Codicks we would not be hidden from their sight. You guys are being dumb, dramatic and... acting like a bunch of scared children, really.

taxalot has my support, as long as he doesn't investigate my finances.

Semiurge

Cipher
Librul idea of free speech is "Go someplace else to voice your inflammatory opinions, this is not the forum for that" while they have their own positioned in places of power at every social media platform. There's literally not many free forums left that aren't at the bottom of dark net, or dead quiet with only a handful of members.

wb516hqi7xr21.png

Semiurge

Cipher
The real question is, why would you do this?

What is your motivation in coming here and attacking this place when outside?

It's always safe to assume that peoples' motivations are purely selfish, and that most people are petty enough to try to curb speech that offends or scares them on a personal level, even if it means abusing their power, or using their power (weaponized sympathy for example) to make others silence such voices. Never forget that power corrupts.

Generic-Giant-Spider

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear."

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'd like to go on record as expressing my disgust in what taxalot did.

Now, I'm sure this is going to appear to be quite hypocritical of me to many of you, seeing as how I brought up a rather sensitive subject in regards to Jarl Frank's involvement in Realms Beyond (which is water under the bridge by now), but I will remind you all that I never did and never would go off-site with something like that.

I'm the one who (sincerely) moved the race thread in question from Politics to SCIENCE!! As unappealing as some may find that article to be, its scientific nature cannot be argued.

This in particular I find almost as egregious an insult as the act of taking his complaint to Twitter in the first place:

It is hilarious that some of you actually believe that what goes on in GD constitutes private conversation, under any sense of the term.

The level of arrogance is one thing, but the callous dismissal of what fragile sense of community RPG Codex manages to hang onto after so many years really bothers me. A pointless, romantic notion? Maybe.

Moderators can do what they want here. We're put into these positions for a reason and DU is very reluctant to reverse his decisions in these things. But I always thought there was an unspoken rule not to blatantly abuse what little power we're given, especially in an effort to cover our own tracks.

There should be some sort of consequence to breaking this rule, imo.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Because I want to.
Isn't this what your freedom of speech is about ?

Or are you more interested in speech without consequences, which is an entirely different concept ?
It's like your whole concept of freedom of speech reverts to not being forced to wear a ball gag.

Btw, can someone send me that article that was mentioned?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It's always safe to assume that peoples' motivations are purely selfish
It's not safe. It's easy and it allows you to feel confrontational and superior.

Usually, people's motivations are impulsive, reckless, lulzy, selfish, edgy, etc.
most people are petty enough to try to curb speech that offends or scares them on a personal level
Most people are petty enough to assume other people are curbing their speech because they're offended or afraid. Again, making them superior. The reality is, people often don't give a flying fuck about you.
Maybe even a written rule.
The snake wants you to censor your deed outside of this place. Wretched beast.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The real question is, why would you do this?

What is your motivation in coming here and attacking this place when outside?

It's always safe to assume that peoples' motivations are purely selfish, and that most people are petty enough to try to curb speech that offends or scares them on a personal level, even if it means abusing their power, or using their power (weaponized sympathy for example) to make others silence such voices. Never forget that power corrupts.

Lots of people have been saying for years that they fucking hate it here but keep coming back daily, so it's probably a self-sabotage attempt.
Yeah, well I wanted him to answer, rather than presume and put words in his mouth. But I don't disagree with you guys, and I'd even go further.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Most people are petty enough to assume other people are curbing their speech because they're offended or afraid. Again, making them superior. The reality is, people often don't give a flying fuck about you.
Not giving a flying fuck while at the same time speaking about you and condemning you? Yeah, no feelings there. Pure detachment. :roll:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, no feelings there. Pure detachment.
Are you never relaxed while dumping your quality shit on others? Are you doing it because you're afraid, angry, irrational?

No, you're just responding. For whatever reason. Assuming you're doing it because of fear or because you're butthurt is childish. As in, stupid.

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Interestingly, the article in question is not even racist. In fact, it is an *anti* racist article where the author tries painstakingly to point out that he is talking about models of human evolution and not pushing an agenda about races.

Leave it to the libruls like Taxie to jump to the conclusion by reading the headline *only* that Black people are related to chimps.

Taxie, you are the only racist here.

In fact, you only thought that the article was racist because it was the opinion of a Chinese man.

Shame on you. Go to hell, racist.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
It's always safe to assume that peoples' motivations are purely selfish
It's not safe. It's easy and it allows you to feel confrontational and superior.

Usually, people's motivations are impulsive, reckless, lulzy, selfish, edgy, etc.
most people are petty enough to try to curb speech that offends or scares them on a personal level
Maybe even a written rule.
The snake wants you to censor your deed outside of this place. Wretched beast.

You seem upset. Is my detachment bothering you?

NerevarineKing

Learned
I don't think you guys are gonna be silenced by "big tech". Not sure what kind of fear-mongering kool-aid you guys are drinking in here. Just think how long site like 4chan have continued to exist. You'll have plenty of places to be as edgy as you want.

Semiurge

Cipher
I don't think you guys are gonna be silenced by "big tech". Not sure what kind of fear-mongering kool-aid you guys are drinking in here. Just think how long site like 4chan have continued to exist. You'll have plenty of places to be as edgy as you want.

You may call it being edgy, but even plain honesty with no intention or trolling may be considered "problematic". People have no tolerance for hard facts anymore, now that they've been raised in a Disneyworld version of the first world.

NerevarineKing

Learned

You may call it being edgy, but even plain honesty with no intention or trolling may be considered "problematic". People have no tolerance for hard facts anymore.

Well I can at least agree with that last part considering who the last US prez was. I get where this fear is coming from, shit is weird right now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Because I want to.

Or are you more interested in speech without consequences, which is an entirely different concept ?

In that case you shouldn't be surprised that people exercise their freedom to call you closer to a chimpanzee than an African if you're gonna use your freedom of speech to chimp out.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Because I want to.

In that case you shouldn't be surprised that people exercise their freedom to call you closer to a chimpanzee than an African if you're gonna use your freedom of speech to chimp out.

I'm African!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom