Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Tecmo Koei asking about PC games

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm curious about the graphics & amount of bowling pins on screen... it should be even above the PS4, but I'm not sure how the port was...

XenomorphII

Prophet
I'm curious about the graphics & amount of bowling pins on screen... it should be even above the PS4, but I'm not sure how the port was...

It sounds like it is a straight port (of the PS4 version) unfortunately (from a quick glance at Steam forums).

Ninjerk

Arcane
I haven't really enjoyed a DW since 3 or 4, when Lu Bu was hard no matter what and you had to run specific missions for the Wind Scroll and Red Hare.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Mods will fix it. They will also hopefully make a open world mod, Mount & Blade style.

I haven't really enjoyed a DW since 3 or 4, when Lu Bu was hard no matter what and you had to run specific missions for the Wind Scroll and Red Hare.
GHsogD2.png

I felt the same way, playing DW 6 & 7, but not really finding them very good... 8 is another deal altogether, being IMHO the best one since DW 4.

XenomorphII

Prophet
It is also apparently selling really well (it apparently immediately jumped to best seller on Steam after being released), so hopefully TK will give more love to PC versions going forward.

Felix

Arcane
The thing about DW, after playing SW4 with godspeed attacks it fucking hard to get back to DW's system, may be that's just me.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any sort of continuity between Dynasty Warriors games, or are they like FIFA, where each iteration is just an update of the previous one?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Pretty much just iterations. The story is based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms so all the major battles are the same in every game. Though they add characters and substories and events to them and stuff, obviously. But continuity wouldn't really make any sense since the continuity after the game would be... peace. I mean, you conquered fucking china. What's next, march on rome?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I mean, you conquered fucking china. What's next, march on rome?

You die, your children end up as horrible leaders and some other warlord rises claiming Mandate of Heaven somehow gives him legitimacy. And the cycle goes on for centuries. It's kinda funny to think about what else Ancient China could've accomplished if they just stopped dicking so much internally.

deuxhero

Arcane
I bought it to say yes to 日本 PC games (fat load of good that did, only at 1171 players on the steam statistics and barely in the top 100 games played today).

I seem to be the only person with no technical issues (aside from the lack of advertised online co-op, the tutorial listing keys and limited graphics options like AA being shoved in along with other "post processing" effects so I can't turn those off while keeping AA. Mercifully they kept DoF seperate). It's an OK game, wouldn't get it for 50 bucks if I wasn't trying to prove a point (but what would I), but worth getting on sale.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I removed Dynasty Warriors from inventory, and I'm very butthurt that it's clearly a buffed up PS3 port, not a port from the PS4 version.
:mob:

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Ninja Gaiden 2

Just beat Sigma 2 this week, what a fucking letdown that game was. It's a much easier game than the first, more than half of the game is reused assets from the first game, and there is very little content in the game outside of new weapons and costumes. The first game was MUCH better.

DW8XL PC is a port of the PS3 version, but it runs at a stable 60 fps without any drops (PS4 version has plenty of drops), and I actually think it's a good thing that it doesn't have the exaggerated bloom / shitty DoF from the PS4 port. It's definitely the best version of the game, even though it's lacking polish in some areas (button prompts for instance).

At release, it was bugged and wouldn't load levels unless you forced it to run only on one core, but they have since patched it and it works 100% now. Definitely recommend it, especially if you can wait for a deal (price on Steam is atm a little high, we are spoiled). The game is a blast to play.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Best thing would be to have a port where you can enable/disable the bloom, DOF and all that... and more than that, I believe the PS4 version has better texture than the PC one, and that's a fucking joke.

Best thing would be to have a port where you can enable/disable the bloom, DOF and all that... and more than that, I believe the PS4 version has better texture than the PC one, and that's a fucking joke.
That is true, also there's some additional cloth physics on things like banners and so on. Ideally yes, the port would have all the options of the PS4 version, but as it is it's still easily the best version of the game, because it never drops below 60 fps. I don't think DW8XL was the first modern Koei PC port, but I believe it's the first one to hit the West - not too bad of a start tbh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom