Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Tecmo Koei asking about PC games

deuxhero

Arcane
Tecmo Koei is asking about PC games on their social media stuff right now. In the end, this is 99.9% likely to just be "we're bringing over that new Dynasty Warriors port. Surprise!" and never heard from again, but if you want to bug them for Ninja Gaiden/DoA/Gust's stuff/Deception/Zill O’ll/All Girl Wrestling/whatever ports it's probably the best time to do so.

https://www.facebook.com/koeigames/posts/10152313732211163?stream_ref=10
https://twitter.com/tecmokoeieurope/status/454200343044587520

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I honestly don't expect anything but more shit Dynasty Warrior games to come out of this, but it would be sweet if they'd port Deception. All of them.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I want them to translate some Nobunaga Ambition games but I might as well be wishing for a Unicorn.

They don't even have to "port" the thing since that series has continued PC support in Japan.

deuxhero

Arcane
Now tell THEM that. They're listening (to some degree or other) now, which is extremely rare for any major company, so you might as well use it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I really wish we'd get an updated version of the first Deception game.

The sequels were pretty meh, but the first one was awesome.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I honestly don't expect anything but more shit Dynasty Warrior games to come out of this, but it would be sweet if they'd port Deception. All of them.

I also dream the impossible dream, but will settle for DW8XL instead. Perhaps more RoTK, too.

Last edited:

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
Tecmo Koei can go fuck itself for all I care. I lost all respect for this company when they made Daikoukai Jidai V a shitty browser game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Now tell THEM that. They're listening (to some degree or other) now, which is extremely rare for any major company, so you might as well use it.

For a game company like this to not understand that overcoming language barrier can generate profits is pretty baffling.
But fine, translate your strategy games already. It's not like it'll cost a lot at this point, sell it digitally too.

RK47

Patron
....oh yay. dw.
yay.
protect lord cow cow.
eat shit.

:decline:

RK47

Patron
And people call me popamole for playing Mass Effect.
Fuck off and die.

TigerKnee

Arcane
I wouldn't really mind DW if it didn't meant that KOEI basically stopped doing everything else but honestly do they really have a choice at all?

At least they still continue making RoTK and NA games but the world is too popamole to buy them even in Japan.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
No shit, DW is easily one of my favorite games ever. I've been playing that in co-op with my brother since DW 3, 12 years ago.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too bad the fan translation of the 7th part is only partial, missing the text in the cutscenes of the story mode. I hope someone will hack it and make a complete version finally. Tecmo is really dumb for not doing it.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
I wouldn't really mind DW if it didn't meant that KOEI basically stopped doing everything else but honestly do they really have a choice at all?

At least they still continue making RoTK and NA games but the world is too popamole to buy them even in Japan.
I know how you feel, bro. But it's about time that we opened our eyes and face the reality.

The men of Koei had stood against the Decline. They stood even when all other major Japanese companies had fallen. But they too couldn't hold off the Decline forever.

The Koei that made Uncharted Waters, Taikou Risshiden, Bandit Kings of Ancient China and Celtic Tales is dead. It's dead and never coming back. Tecmo Koei is but a miserable shadow of its former glory, an undead abomination who feasts on the corpse of what was once our favorite company in Japan. They have already raped Uncharted Waters and god knows what they're going to do next. I shudder at the thought that one day there may be a card game for tablets titled Taikou Risshiden VI.

I say it's a good thing that they were just making 3d action games rather than shitting on the old Koei franchises with shitty "legitimate sequels".

XenomorphII

Prophet
Well, they released DW8 Complete on Steam today. Will get when on sale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom