Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.shredders-revenge.com

TitresSteam_1.png

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features groundbreaking gameplay rooted in timeless classic brawling mechanics, brought to you by the beat ’em up experts at Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4) and Tribute Games. Bash your way through gorgeous pixel art environments and slay tons of hellacious enemies with your favorite Turtle, each with his own skills and moves - making each run unique! Choose a fighter, use radical combos to defeat your opponents and experience intense combats loaded with breathtaking action and outrageous ninja abilities. Stay sharp as you face off against Shredder and his faithful Foot Clan alone, or grab your best buds and play with up to four players simultaneously!

GIF1V3.gif

TitresSteam_2.png

With Bebop and Rocksteady assaulting Channel 6 and stealing super gnarly devices to support Krang and Shredder’s latest twisted plan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge sees the Turtles battling across a righteous range of timeless TMNT locations. From Manhattan and Coney Island, to city rooftops and dank sewers, help the fearsome foursome trounce Foot Soldiers, Triceraton Warriors, and Rock Troops all the way to Dimension X!

GIF2V2.gif

TitresSteam_3.png

Enjoy stunning full-color pixel art graphics and a vintage TMNT vibe that will rock you straight back to the awesome 80s. Every character, vehicle, weapon, item, and background is directly inspired by the 1987 TV show, making you feel like you hopped into the television -- with a dope mix of killer humor and action-packed adventures!

GIF3V2.gif

TitresSteam_4.png

● Gnarly game design takes you back to the ’80s
● Beautiful full-color pixel art graphics
● Old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh mechanics
● Up to four players simultaneously
● Play with iconic TMNT characters and vehicles in diverse gameplay options
● Radical new story mode
● And totally more to come!

Last edited by a moderator:

grimace

Arcane
Teenage Turtles don't enjoy Red Hot Chilli Peppers on their pizza.

Mike Patton still singing the theme meanwhile Californication singer seethes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNa2Fr6CA0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8zEJb-0sL0

Game looks fun!

The legendary Faith No More / Mr Bungle / Fantomas / Tomahawk / Mondo Cane / Peeping Tom singer lends his vocals to the TMNT theme!

That re-recorded theme song, though, man. Wow. What a trip.

Dexter

Arcane
I have three other bros who also love Turtles in Time, so guess we will get this and play together.
Turtles in Time is my favorite SNES CoOp game. We played it over at a friend's so much that he almost got sick of it. xD
The other games we played the most were Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Alpha 2.

I wouldn't mind if they ported it to PC or did a Remake upping the resolution a bit but still using Pixel Graphics and not what they did with Re-Shelled:

Last edited:

RuySan

Augur
I like scrolling beatemups, but strangely turtles in time does nothing for me, even though I loved the cartoons as a kid. It feels a bit "impactless", which is for me a major sin in a game of this genre.

Loved streets of rage 4, so this will probably be good.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
would have preferred a hand-drawn art style more reminiscent of the cartoon than pixelart
Normal cartoon animation is even more expensive, so I think this is fine.

I never really liked how Turtles in Time played, it was kind of like the Simpsons game where you didn't have many options and the hits felt very floaty. Both by Konami, I believe, too.

However I think this will feel different, and I like the Turtles so I'll check this one out.

Looks very interesting, and here's hoping the beat-em-up revival continues.
This and Streets of Rage 4 feels almost like cheating. I've played a lot of demos of upcoming beat em ups and I can say if they get finished the future looks pretty bright.

Falksi

Arcane
Looks very interesting, and here's hoping the beat-em-up revival continues.
This and Streets of Rage 4 feels almost like cheating. I've played a lot of demos of upcoming beat em ups and I can say if they get finished the future looks pretty bright.

Encouraging to hear :)

Any which I should be keeping my eye on? (or which I may have missed)

I'm just replaying all the 80's & 90's fighters, and gaming really has missed the instant pick-up & play hit which these & SHMUPS offer.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Any which I should be keeping my eye on? (or which I may have missed)
Shattered Realms (Hiatus but one day...), Jitsu Squad, Dunkehr, Advent Neon, Decline's Drops, Fight Corp and a few others that may be too early to recommend.

User was nabbed fit

How soon is soon though. I need this after the Streets of Rage 4 remake. Great but short.

Silentstorm

Learned
I actually like the look, and i won't have to hear people complaining how it looks like cheap flash art despite a ton of work actually being put into it like some others.

At most i just wish it looked at another incarnation of the Turtles for inspiration, but the 80's cartoon is still the one most people know of anyways, it could be worse, they could have used the most recent cartoon and thank God they didn't.

I am just saying because every other cartoon or comic incarnation(aside from the original one) at least tends to have the Foot clan or Shredder being actual genuine threats from start to finish while in the cartoon...they are just a joke and it feels a bit weird when anything inspired by the 80's cartoon shows Shredder as even being worthy of an actual boss battle, i mean, at least in other cartoons, Shredder is like the guy that they face at the end of each season who keeps beating the crap out of them and require the aid of Splinter and others to even beat most of the time.

Like, remember the Batman VS TMNT movie?

You know, the one where he BEATS BATMAN and plays around with the turtles, Batman even only wins the rematch because the turtles get around to helping him, that's what i'm talking about, outside of the original cartoon, Shredder is the kind of guy that can take on a proper serious version of Batman and WIN, the kind of guy that deserves not just a boss fight, but genuinely being the final boss without any new power-up.

J1M

Arcane
Sprites look like the art was outsourced to an asian studio that was tracing an emulation of Turtles in Time stretched to 16:9.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
My favorite is TMNT II for the NES, I played the shit out of that. Turtles in time was cool but I didn't enjoy it as much.

Silentstorm

Learned
I hear the Genesis version is quite different, a bit more serious and less throw heavy, i think the OST is different too, but most people tend to think of Turtles In Time for the SNES as the better of the two, but the Genesis version has been getting more fans recently, there are enough differences it counts as a kinda different game.

Maybe i will try that one before this game comes out, i have to admit, was also not the biggest fan of Turtles In Time, TMNT III for the NES is also a beat'em up, though i think it's actually a NES original and thus not a port of an arcade game at all.

Melcar

Arcane
Sprites look like the art was outsourced to an asian studio that was tracing an emulation of Turtles in Time stretched to 16:9.

To me it looks like they tried to inject a little "cute" into the art. I looks a bit weird to me.

Norfleet

You'd think by this point they'd be Middle-Aged Mutant Ninja Turtles, even if turtles live for ages.

Codex Year of the Donut
At most i just wish it looked at another incarnation of the Turtles for inspiration, but the 80's cartoon is still the one most people know of anyways, it could be worse, they could have used the most recent cartoon and thank God they didn't.
It's a sequel to a sequel to a game that was based entirely on the cartoon.
There's nothing wrong with wanting it to actually look like the source material.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
My favorite is TMNT II for the NES, I played the shit out of that. Turtles in time was cool but I didn't enjoy it as much.

I was gonna post this. TMNT II arcade was fantastic and I have great memories of playing it as a kid, but TMNT III (Turtles in Time) didn't have the same magic... Even if it was longer and had better graphix.

To me it looks like they tried to inject a little "cute" into the art. I looks a bit weird to me.

Yes, this one looks too "cute". I'm out.

Silentstorm

Learned
You'd think by this point they'd be Middle-Aged Mutant Ninja Turtles, even if turtles live for ages.
Pretty sure the comics have shown them as old, at least the originals did an arc where they showed their last moments from what i recall...let's see if i can find a picture and...yep:
15.jpg

It ends with a blind and elderly Donatello reminiscing about his now dead brothers and dies talking to a computer after being with holograms of his brothers, a happy ending for the first turtles...i mean, they do get to grow old.

Pretty sure that outside of comics, we will never see the Turtles as anything other than teens, unless this game has their old versions being playable, but it's strictly 80's cartoon turtles and i highly doubt they will have unlockable other versions of them.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
It ends with a blind and elderly Donatello reminiscing about his now dead brothers and dies talking to a computer after being with holograms of his brothers, a happy ending for the first turtles...i mean, they do get to grow old.

Pretty sure that outside of comics, we will never see the Turtles as anything other than teens, unless this game has their old versions being playable, but it's strictly 80's cartoon turtles and i highly doubt they will have unlockable other versions of them.
Forget that boring stuff, bruv. You remember that time they met Batman?
cover4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom