Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
:d1p:

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Definitely hits my nostalgia. Reminds me of hanging out at the arcade hall of a camping park in my early teens, playing a 4-player Turtles game that looked very much like this one with the other kids. And trading Turtles collectible bubble gum stickers with them.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'mma trade you my fist if you don't gimme Raphael this minute, nerd.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Can't even remember the last time I played an arcade game, yet I'm looking forward to this one.

Release date is set to "summer 2022" now, so it might release next month.

pepe-copium.gif

Doesn't make sense that April is a warrior on par with Splinter & the turtles. Should've added Casey Jones instead. But it's a silly cartoony game, so I'll allow it.

april-o-neil-cosplay-14-by-pumpuma-deqthv1-fullview.jpg

Melcar

Arcane
Can't even remember the last time I played an arcade game, yet I'm looking forward to this one.

Release date is set to "summer 2022" now, so it might release next month.

pepe-copium.gif

Doesn't make sense that April is a warrior on par with Splinter & the turtles. Should've added Casey Jones instead. But it's a silly cartoony game, so I'll allow it.

april-o-neil-cosplay-14-by-pumpuma-deqthv1-fullview.jpg

Wut? April also fights now along the turtles? Holy fuck. At least they did not give us a strong and independent female turtle with a sassy attitude.

SilentSeeker

Novice
Desn't make sense that April is a warrior on par with Splinter & the turtles. Should've added Casey Jones instead. But it's a silly cartoony game, so I'll allow it.
To be fair, TMNT Tournament Fighters had her as a playable character back in '93 or '94.

Including her and NOT Casey Jones is kinda stupid, though.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If he's DLC, I hope they'll have moves using different bats, clubs, and hockey sticks, etc. to beat the hell out of people with. Basically rifling through his bag to pull something different to smack enemies.

SilentSeeker

Novice
If he's DLC, I hope they'll have moves using different bats, clubs, and hockey sticks, etc. to beat the hell out of people with. Basically rifling through his bag to pull something different to smack enemies.
You know, there's probably an interesting game in that, in and of itself. I'm not a golfer, but I've oyten thought that a REAL expert wouldn't need a dozen clubs; he'd just take whatever he was best with and use that.

But a game based around picking the right piuce ef sporting equipment to beat the hell out of someone? "Okay, this guy's got football pads and a hockey helmet, so I should grab my nine iron- but he's also got a jai alai catchy thing [I don't know what those are called- curved atlatls?], so I'd better use the hurley instead".

There's potential there, I think. Probably not in a TMNT game, though.

Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not much of a fan of either TMNT or side-scrolling beat-'em-ups, but damn if this doesn't look like a very earnest love letter to both.
the art style isn't right
The arcade game most people will probably be familiar with is Turtles in Time, which may look pixelated today but was definitely trying to be close to the cartoon's aesthetics.

minor quibble I guess, but the pixel art was probably more expensive than doing it in the style of the cartoon

Derringer

Prophet
I'm not much of a fan of either TMNT or side-scrolling beat-'em-ups, but damn if this doesn't look like a very earnest love letter to both.
the art style isn't right
The arcade game most people will probably be familiar with is Turtles in Time, which may look pixelated today but was definitely trying to be close to the cartoon's aesthetics.

minor quibble I guess, but the pixel art was probably more expensive than doing it in the style of the cartoon
Konami's game does look higher budget, they probably had more money for the animations like the rest of the arcade games they developed a few decades ago.

Melcar

Arcane
Tempted to get it even if it exceeds my $5 allotted budget for game purchases. Some early Steam reviews say it's buggy, but they may be from a butthurt faggot.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I only played it in duo, so I don't know if it's applicable to solo, but jesus fuck the game is hard. We had to repeat some areas up to 3 times.

Also buggy. One time a boss was invisible for me. Another time we continued fighting the boss despite us being dead. Then an enemy ninja got glued to my turtle. And so on...

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Turtles in Time for the snes was on of the best beat em ups of all time,will definitely get this one too eventually

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's on game pass if you're on that. I was going to fire it up today, but with comments about bugs, I'll probably give it a little bit to see if a patch materializes. Looking forward to it for nostalgia purposes, though I find that the side scrolling beat 'em up genre doesn't hold my attention the way it used to.

randir14

Augur
The graphics kind of suck. Not the pixelation, the artwork. A lot of stuff has no shading or any sense of depth to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom