Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter TEKKEN 7

A horse of course

Irenaeus root DefJam101

Uses the uNrEaL 4 endjinn. I was never really into Tekken, as I couldn't really faceroll it and have fun like you can in the Souls games. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we're ever see a proper nextgen Soul KKKalibur with full waifu customization :(

Gozma

Arcane
Gonna be in arcades for like 9 months so they can make their asiabux before single player shit

I don't know what they're talking about in the video but I know they've basically added SF4 Ultras to the game and there are some kind of armored moves (in a lot of fighters, but rarely in Tekken which only had a few autoparry moves AFAIK, but especially like SF4 focus). The F2P Tekken that was out also had SF-style DP reversals. So they're trying to pull some SF stuff into the engine that's been basically the same since Tekken 3 was a gigantic hit.

what a waste of money. give me a new soul calibur 3, you hacks

Soul Calibur 5 was my favorite FG last gen. Better than SF4, Marvel or any of the others. It had the best netcode, is the easiest game for beginners to get into and it had amazing character customization. You could make some really impressive stuff in that character editor. I wish I had a capture card.

Too bad the latest Soul Calibur game is some F2P single player garbage, where you need to pay something stupid like $40 just to unlock Seong Mina.

The series is always woefully underappreciated, with Tekken always getting preferential treatment. And it really drives me bonkers!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Always liked Street Fighter better. The only reason I own a tekken was because I got a collectors edition at 80% off and it came with a nice arcade stick.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Really Codex?

Andhaira was revealed as the latest new character and not a single post on it? Do you people even play video games?

8PHH1.jpeg

deuxhero

Arcane
Looks fine, not really sure on the coloring of his pants though. Don't really like the look of a sword on a guy participating in the King of the Iron Fist tournament even if he doesn't use it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Looks fine, not really sure on the coloring of his pants though. Don't really like the look of a sword on a guy participating in the King of the Iron Fist tournament even if he doesn't use it.

Are you really implying Andhaira wouldn't bring a sword along with him?

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Wut. Should have just put him in a Djellaba and be done with it. He looks like he suffers from a identity crisis.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Wut. Should have just put him in a Djellaba and be done with it. He looks like he suffers from a identity crisis.

That's the point, this is Andhaira - he is constantly suffering an identity crisis

Silva

Arcane
Good memories of Tekken on brazilian arcades. It was fun beating the crap out of those niggas playing with Gordo who thought they knew how to play.

You should see their faces when I grabbed their legs and gave them the full special King combo. And then all the crowd was behind me with face like "wow he is the masta". Oh good times..:smug:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
what a waste of money. give me a new soul calibur 3, you hacks

Every new Sould Blade/Edge/Calibur game is worse than it's predecessor. While it's still my favorite among modern melee weapon fightings (mechanics-wise, at least), I can't possibly understand how this tasteless weeaboo survived that long. And truly exciting brutal games went extinct.

Like Cardinal Syn. Now that's a melee weapon figtting. Stylish, somewhat realistic, bloody, brutal, difficult. Hell, I don't believe I saw such a hard end-boss in any fighting I played. That dragon of Cardinal Syn was so hard and unbeatable, it was almost bullshit.

I bought it on PC. Haven't played Tekken in 12ish years, since Tekken 5 DR at the arcade.

I think it's infinitely inferior to Virtua Fighter. There's no risk-reward, it's low risk/high reward spammy shit with a lot of backdashing. The throw system is garbage and hasn't changed in 20 years. But hey, what can you do.

I hope there are more than 5 people playing this game online on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom