Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Telepath Tactics Liberated - deterministic tactical RPG inspired by Fire Emblem

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this quick introduction to the Telepath Tactics Liberated campaign creation suite, we'll learn the basics of creating an SRPG campaign with unique characters, cut scenes, dialogue trees, and battles!

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
7 days until launch! :cool:

A note about the campaign creation suite: it has built-in Steam Workshop support. Once you've created something, you can upload it to Steam Workshop with the click of a button. (By the same token, you can find other peoples' creations on Steam Workshop quite easily, then download and play 'em.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh yeah, this is out:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1849820/view/5254017618799867643

Telepath Tactics Liberated is out!

Hey there, tactics fans! I am deeply excited to announce that Telepath Tactics Liberated is now finally available to purchase! After all these years spent getting the game ready for launch in a brand-new 3D engine, it feels incredible to finally have it out and available for you all to play. I really hope that you love it!

I'm not done, of course. I still have a few things I'd like to add over the coming weeks--finalizing gamepad support, creating a PVP mode for the main campaign, supporting browsing and downloading of new campaigns from in-game, and--if there's demand for it--perhaps even expanded local multiplayer. Is there something you'd especially like to see in the game? Let me know in the forums.

In the meantime, if you're enjoying the game, please make sure to give it a review! Those make a huge difference as far as game visibility. The more folks that see it, the more resources I'll have with which to keep making awesome stuff for you all going forward.

That's all I've got. For now, I leave you with the launch trailer:

Yours in tactics,

Craig

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Were the assets made by your team or were they purchased in packs?

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Awesome! I have some comments/feedback about the art direction but they’re not positive so you might not be interested in reading them.

This being said, congratulations on releasing the finished game, certainly no small feat!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, the bandit fortress escape mission was fun. Managed to kill all the enemies despite their force being overwhelming. Playing on the difficulty that has permadeath (Veteran I think) and trying to keep all my chars alive.

Moved all my characters up north to the river, placed the bridge with the engineer. Made it three tiles wide to allow all the escaping characters to pull out in their first turn, then placed a trap with Sabrina on one of the bridge tiles.
Then I pulled everyone except the crossbowwoman, Sabrina and that floating creature who can heal to the west to face the enemies coming from there.
Crossbow chick used her exploding arrows skill to destroy the bridge I had built, completely blocking half the enemy force from following me.
Ice mage girl used ice armor on my melee frontliners to make them resilient in the west.
When the enemy lowered their drawbridge, I held the front with Sabrina and her traps, while also destroying that bridge with the crossbow chick. Only three enemies managed to get across before I destroyed enough tiles to make it impassable.

So then I was free to mop up the enemies in the west, while also shooting down enemy archers across the river with my own archers, backed up by healers and ice mage armor boost.
Built a new bridge in the west to move up and deal with the enemies on the northern side. Managed to pick them off nicely one by one.
In the end, I managed to kill every single enemy... except Fera. That cunt was still standing at the entrance of the fortress, waiting for anyone to come close enough.
So I reconstructed the central bridge, buffed Lord Dakiri or whatever the bronze golem is called with an ice armor spell after healing him up to max HP, then sent him onto the bridge just close enough to trigger Fera to come out and attack.
She shaved off half his HP in one strike, so I retreated him away from the bridge, placed an explosive charge with the engineer, and had the fire mage toss a fireball at it...

Boom. Fera takes a lot of damage, the bridge explodes and she falls into the water, and in that state I could easily pick her off with my ranged units. :salute:

Fucking excellent fight. 10/10

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Damn, the bandit fortress escape mission was fun. Managed to kill all the enemies despite their force being overwhelming. Playing on the difficulty that has permadeath (Veteran I think) and trying to keep all my chars alive.

I did just that in the rescue mission, I planned to retreat but realized they stopped coming when the main character was about to reach the extraction point so I decided to kill everyone, had to heavily rely on traps and higher elevation with the archers.
The healer died though and I decided not to restart (playing on veteran as well)

Craig Stern
Do the optional dialogs you get sometimes (Only got it once) between missions lead to some gameplay effect? (Optional mission or reward of any kind)
Or can I safely ignore it instead of skipping through it?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Nice!

Do the optional dialogs you get sometimes (Only got it once) between missions lead to some gameplay effect? (Optional mission or reward of any kind)
Or can I safely ignore it instead of skipping through it?

Many of them are important for understanding the context of what you're doing, but only a few branch with tangible outcomes on gameplay. If you hit a branch in the dialogue, holding down Escape won't skip it so you'll be faced with the consequential choice regardless.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Is this an RPG or a tactics game?

It's an SRPG. Characters grow, gaining new abilities and stats over time; choice and consequence are primarily situated in how you approach the battles and engage with their mechanics, much less so in which branches you pick in dialogue trees. (In that sense, you can think of it as the inverse of Disco Elysium.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Craig Stern yo, bug report

20220317192648-1.jpg

This just appeared at the start of a mission.
I just finished the fight against those people who want you to pay 100 bucks for passage. I refused and fought them instead.
Then you get a cutscene of the lizardmen who follow you, and they talk about a camp of enemy humans which they want to check out.

I guess the game is supposed to give me a fight where I explore the bandit camp with the lizardmen there... but I got this instead, and no amount of clicking works to get past it. Game is stuck on this glitch screen.

EDIT: The mission is called Moonless Hunt, I force-quit the game's process and reloaded the autosave. Now it works normally.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Craig Stern yo, bug report

20220317192648-1.jpg

This just appeared at the start of a mission.
I just finished the fight against those people who want you to pay 100 bucks for passage. I refused and fought them instead.
Then you get a cutscene of the lizardmen who follow you, and they talk about a camp of enemy humans which they want to check out.

I guess the game is supposed to give me a fight where I explore the bandit camp with the lizardmen there... but I got this instead, and no amount of clicking works to get past it. Game is stuck on this glitch screen.

EDIT: The mission is called Moonless Hunt, I force-quit the game's process and reloaded the autosave. Now it works normally.
Looks like perfectly good text to me...

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Huh; I just loaded it up and it was fine. Do me a favor: if this happens again, hit the 'L' key to create a log file--that'll give me info about what was going on in the code when it happened. (It'll appear in Documents > My Games > Telepath Tactics Liberated > Logs.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Huh; I just loaded it up and it was fine. Do me a favor: if this happens again, hit the 'L' key to create a log file--that'll give me info about what was going on in the code when it happened. (It'll appear in Documents > My Games > Telepath Tactics Liberated > Logs.)

Different bug this time but I made a log file.
https://pastebin.com/fJgF0LBw

I only have three enemies remaining in the bridge fight and wanna deal with them.
One of the crossbowmen had the burning condition and died because of it. Now the game is stuck on the enemy turn with neither of the two survivors doing anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom