Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Telepath Tactics Liberated - deterministic tactical RPG inspired by Fire Emblem

Craig, any chance those of us that bought it on GOG will be receiving a free upgrade to Liberation?

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
There's no way for me to automate something like that, unfortunately. You're welcome to email me, though

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
We're now up to our 13th update since I launched the game 18 days ago! During that time, I've fixed lots of little bugs and added in loads of quality-of-life features people have requested. There's even something for Darth Canoli in this latest one: I figured out what he meant about the final fight's treasure chests being covered by walls and fixed the issue, made that battle's difficulty scale more, and broke out battle layout difficulty as a new setting you can independently adjust in custom difficulty mode.

Soon, I'll be switching gears and finishing up gamepad support!

notpl

Arbiter
Oh yeah, this is out:

Man if you can't afford to hire one of like five people in the entire world who have voices worth listening to, don't try to do dramatic voiceovers. This should be something taught in a mandatory class for every liberal arts degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
We're now up to our 13th update since I launched the game 18 days ago! During that time, I've fixed lots of little bugs and added in loads of quality-of-life features people have requested. There's even something for Darth Canoli in this latest one: I figured out what he meant about the final fight's treasure chests being covered by walls and fixed the issue, made that battle's difficulty scale more, and broke out battle layout difficulty as a new setting you can independently adjust in custom difficulty mode.

Soon, I'll be switching gears and finishing up gamepad support!

Thanks for fixing some issues, here's a couple of notes I've been hoarding if it's of any use to you:
  • Enemy healers should have mind blast at least, as it is, you just focus on 1 enemy after the other and you can pick them off last, they're absolutely useless and helpless...
  • Lava tiles from the last level (way too many of them) makes the game lag on my toaster, didn't happen with another map.
  • Ice armor should be nerfed a bit from +50% to +30/40% or just remove one resistance, like crushing (so only +50% piercing + slashing) or remove piercing, i don't know which one makes sense the most.
  • Archers are mostly useless, well, I didn't level one past level 11 because they're so weak, they're barely mages with a third of the power and AoE.
  • Maybe add a skill with higher damage and one with multiple targets (2/3) within range and decent damage (70/90% at least)

Man if you can't afford to hire one of like five people in the entire world who have voices worth listening to, don't try to do dramatic voiceovers. This should be something taught in a mandatory class for every liberal arts degree.

Pierre's girlfriend strikes again!

Last edited:

Mustawd

We're now up to our 13th update since I launched the game 18 days ago!

Some advice, you need to communicate more in the first month of release. I was really looking forward to playing this on release, but I literally forgot when it was coming out (despite watching your youtube interview, etc). For example, see below:

Oh yeah, this is out:

There were 4 days which you shoulda been saturating us with youtube videos and forum posts. And of course, not just us, but across everywhere online. Not trying to paint the release as a negative. Just some thoughts that I think might have improved the marketing of your game.

On an unrelated note, did you release this for free for previous owners of TT? I see it's in my library but I don't recall buying it. :stunned:

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
did you release this for free for previous owners of TT?

I sure did! I never felt right about the state the original TT ended up in, so I gave TTL away for free to everyone that had bought the game.

I've been doing my best to market it, posting here, on Reddit, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, Kickstarter, emailing my mailing list, corralling Youtubers and streamers, etc....but I'm just one guy with a day job. Most of my free time post-launch has been taken up by actually supporting the game. I don't have a budget to market this thing, so I'm largely at the mercy of fans to support the game with positive reviews, word-of-mouth recommendations, and requests that outlets with larger reach cover the game. If you'd like to help the game's visibility, doing those three things would be awesome!

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
We're now up to update #21! There have been loads of little fixes and additional quality-of-life improvements from these updates, but the most significant recent change I want to call everyone's attention to is that the terrain has been retextured to better match unit sprites (in some cases by simply swapping in pixel art tiles from the original game). Everything now has a consistent pixel art look that I think suits the game much better.

Old:
FRCYSlSX0AEFmCp

New:
FRCYSlUWQAAwMAD

More info here.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I had to re-cut this in a new editor, re-render, and upload this to fix the audio issues--but here it is!

This is the first of a new video series to help highlight some of the stellar custom campaigns that members of the Telepath Tactics Liberated community are making.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1849820/view/3397421889854710333

New in Telepath Tactics Liberated: Randomizer mode!
Telepath Tactics Liberated's replay value just skyrocketed

The main campaign in Telepath Tactics Liberated can now be played in randomizer mode!

Randomizer mode mixes things up by removing the cast of characters you know and love, and swapping in a selection of procedurally generated characters with classes chosen at random. This allows you to replay the main campaign with totally different units at your disposal--you'll get a fresh experience and a different challenge every time!

You'll also find new tools to customize your characters in randomizer mode. New limited-use items let chosen characters place traps and timed charges; special books teach characters skills they wouldn't ordinarily know; and Emma can be trained into a new class of your choice a few battles into the campaign!

I've also added a couple of new achievements in for beating randomizer mode: Roller of Dice and Master of Randomness. Are you up to the challenge?

To unlock randomizer mode, simply beat the main campaign on any difficulty. The next time you go to start a new game, select The Randomizer of Emma Strider from the list of campaigns and randomizer mode will commence! (If you've already beaten the game and received the Liberator achievement, the game will automatically detect it and unlock randomizer mode for you.)

Patch version 1.0.35

This update brings the game up to version 1.0.35--and while randomizer mode is most definitely the crown jewel of this update, there are numerous other improvements joining the game alongside it! Among them:

-- the New Turn box no longer disappears upon clicking just anywhere onscreen; instead, there is now a dedicated Start Turn button that must be clicked to dismiss the box and commence the turn. This should help avoid players accidentally clicking past the opportunity to save at the start of each turn in battle.

-- the main battle menu is now accessible during deployment.

-- when the character screen is open in battle, scrolling the mouse wheel now cycles through the character screens for others in the same army.

-- when either the unit inventory browser or the character screen is open within the reserve supplies screen, scrolling the mouse wheel now cycles through other characters who have access to the reserve supplies.

-- the game now automatically sorts character inventory when opening the character screen, or when opening the unit inventory browser in the reserve supplies screen.

-- fixed: the reserve supplies screen's auto-equip feature would stop after auto-equipping one item given to the character.

-- you can now Store items from within the character screen while in the reserve supplies interface.

-- the character screen now displays "(X/12)" above the inventory, where X is how many of the character's inventory slots are being used.

-- tooltips for equipment now display the slot they equip to whether the item is currently equipped or not.

-- adjusted the proc gen cavalier skill progression: Charge is now guaranteed to be learned much earlier, and cavaliers learn either Hold or Sprint instead of always learning Hold and learning either Sprint or Great Shield Mastery.

-- boosted base Dodge by 5 for proc gen assassins.

-- when a proc gen character is first generated or levels up, the game now checks to see if they have any skills with an energy cost exceeding their maximum energy. If so, the game now automatically awards that character energy sufficient to bring their maximum energy up to the cost of that skill.

-- enemy units can no longer spawn on top of spaces containing player-created objects, such as traps and barricades.

-- fixed: the "Ability" animation for cavaliers was improperly compressed, preventing palette swapping of the sprite.

-- fixed: although the game checked for duplicate first names in characters generated through the recruitment interface, it did not do so with one-off proc gen characters produced through the GenerateUnique script action.

-- fixed: multiple timed charges simultaneously detonating from burning damage within Explode range of one another would produce a null error.

-- fixed: if apples were dropped onto a space already containing an item sack with apples in it during Out of Food Battle, the game would count the number of apples dropped incorrectly.

Wanted: your review!

Are you enjoying the game? We need your review! Writing a Steam review is one of the best things you can do to help get the word out about TTL. The more folks review the game, the more Steam's algorithm will show the game to new players; the more players that see the game, the more players will buy the game; and the more players that buy the game, the more resources I'll have to keep adding in awesome new art, features, and content.

That's all I've got for you today. Next week, we've got player campaign showcase #4; I hope you're excited for it!

Yours in tactics,

Craig

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom