Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview Temple of Elemental Evil chat log

Spazmo

Erudite
jedd, that may be so in The Book of Vile Darkness, but in the World of Greyhawk--the one used by the Living Greyhawk campaign the RPGA is running--Demogorgon has a bunch of demon knights running around doing nauhgty things for him sporting a corrupted Orb of Sol.

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah. They were a bunch of paladins who were serving various goodly gods and got corrupted by Demogorgon.

triCritical

Erudite
Spazmo said:
jedd, that may be so in The Book of Vile Darkness, but in the World of Greyhawk--the one used by the Living Greyhawk campaign the RPGA is running--Demogorgon has a bunch of demon knights running around doing nauhgty things for him sporting a corrupted Orb of Sol.

The book of Vile Darkness is rather new and aren't the official DnD books based on the Greyhawk world? So it might have changed. I remember when Tiamat was guarding one of the nine hells, those were the days.

As far as Demogorgon vs. Asmodeous, its not even close. I think he only chance DGorgon would have is if the fight was in the abyss. Anyhow Asmodeous is so friggin smart and cunning, that he would never allow himself to be disadvantaged. Ruby rod pwnz all!

Spazmo

Erudite
They are based on Grayhawk, but are also meant to be fairly universal in terms of setting. And I agree with Snails, the mariliths etc. are bodyguards, the demon knights are servants/lieutenants.

I think since Asmodeus is not far off deity status he would probably win hands down.

Changing the subject, has anyone played the return to the temple of elemental evil (3rd ed)?

A group of us just finished and barely won the final battle, we lucked out hugely & also missed an encounter which would have anhilated the party.

I think since Asmodeus is not far off deity status he would probably win hands down.

Changing the subject, has anyone played the return to the temple of elemental evil (3rd ed)?

A group of us just finished and barely won the final battle, we lucked out hugely & also missed an encounter which would have anhilated the party.

Spazmo

Erudite
Never played that, nor will I as my group plays in French (bite me, axelgreese), and I a) don't want to shell out heaps of extra cash for the French version or b) translate the English one. I may play through it if I can ever hook up with an English group.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom