Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Incline Temple of Elemental Evil

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by PorkyThePaladin, May 30, 2020.

1. Orud Learned Patron

Orud
    Strap Yourselves In
    I'm running version 1.0.84 and don't have that issue. It's there for like a millisecond, but instantly reads 'running latest version' afterwards.

Maybe a connection issue?

^ Top  
  2. gurugeorge Arcane Patron

gurugeorge
    Strap Yourselves In
    I think that's just a glitch. As I understand, it auto-updates when it has to (which is infrequently - it's still worked on but updates are rare).

^ Top  
  3. Gargaune Magister

Gargaune
    That was my play, but I actually would go for a Beamdog EE. The mods work perfectly, I agree, but I wouldn't mind a zoom function and, aside from the excellent radial menu, ToEE's UI is a bloody mess with lots of room for improvement.

Isn't that part of the standard game, though? I've only played with T+ and standard Co8, but I read some advice that Glaives are the best polearms precisely because they don't respect the donut range, you can attack at 5 or 10 feet just as well.

Guys, 16:10 ratio is 1024x640, not 680, that's why you're getting the black bars. The lowest I can get it is 960x600, below that you start getting UI elements overlapping or running over the screen edge.

Tick Disable Automatic Updates in Temple+.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sitra Achara Arcane Patron

Sitra Achara
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    You mixed up glaives with Spiked Chains.

BTW about resolution, if you can set it to half of your native resolution you might want to set upscaleLinearFiltering=false in the ini file to get integer scaling.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. JDR13 Arcane

JDR13
    Good catch. I missed that. I'll try 1024x640 when I get home tonight.

^ Top  
  6. JDR13 Arcane

JDR13
    How often are skills like Diplomacy, Gather Information, and Sense Motive used? Also, the game doesn't automatically use the character with the highest skill level, correct? I assume I need to have a character that specializes in speech skills and make sure to use him/her to initiate dialogue.

Also, are Monks decent? They were shit in 2E until higher levels. How are they in 3.5E?

^ Top  
  7. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Not much since this is primarily a dungeon crawl from back before D&D had speech skills. They're a bonus, but don't build a character around them.

Correct, the character you click to initiate conversation is the one who's talking.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. JDR13 Arcane

JDR13
    Does the Ranger's tracking\survival feat have any use at all outside of determining random encounters in the wilderness?

• No No x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. rojay Educated

rojay
    Don't think so. If it does, it's pretty limited. They had a lot more planned for the game than they had time to actually implement.

^ Top  
  10. Jedi Master Radek Arcane

Jedi Master Radek
    Not very good, not optimal choice, but you can take one for flavor if you want, the game is not that difficult.

^ Top  
  11. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    Not much, i remember they're used 'a lot' for the Castle quest-line and maybe a bit for the evil path, i don't remember which skills are used for the temple quest-line but surely, diplomacy is useful.

Monks are underwhelming but if you're playing with Co8 additional content, there's some very good crit masterwork weapons for monks in verbonosc.

Also, you probably know this but you have to play with a extremely high intimidation character and go the the fire temple quests at least once.

Show Spoiler
    To get the Troll NPC and there's an option in Temple+ to remove villagers negative reactions.
    I'm not sure but i think it's intimidation too to get the Hill Giant NPV.

And new classes are interesting, like beguiler or even scout (don't expect to match a reach fighter but it's still fun to play).

^ Top  
  12. Max Damage Learned

Max Damage
    Monks are alright, good even once they gain many levels. They're combat focused class with medium BAB and average health pool, but they do end up with good amount of feats and high saves to compensate, not to mention extra damage with fists. Just don't forget to cast Mage Armor/put Bracers of Armor on them at the very least.

https://www.gamebanshee.com/templeofelementalevil/classes/monks.php

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.