Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
The game has no sound effect when clicking on Quit Game from the game's main menu. When playing the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, I've always heard a sound effect whenever I click on Quit Game from the game's main menu.
Cannot Reproduce - is this still the case in latest build? Is it consistent?

This one is OK on my end, too, but the sound effect does sometimes get cut off if the game closes first (it's a two tone sound). Could be a system dependent timing thing?

While Elmo is in my adventuring party, none on my PCs can talk to Elmo. While Fruella is in my adventuring party, my PCs can talk to Fruella just fine. But when I select Talk from the radial menu of any of my PCs and then click on Elmo, Elmo just displays a random hover-text.
Cannot reproduce

I tried Elmo both drunk and sober... everyone can start dialogue ok. I didn't have any other NPCs in my party, though and it's an early game.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The Large Spiders at Deklo Grove and in the tower of the Moathouse ruins do not have venomous attacks - they just do normal Hit Point damage attacks. Whenever I've played the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, those Large Spiders have always done ability (attribute) (Strength? Constitution?) draining venomous attacks whenever they hit!
Are you sure about this? I've just tried it in TFE-X Co8 and they don't get poison attacks either!
Strangely they do get them in vanilla GoG, though. I've also tried running the vanilla files with TemplePlus and it also worked, so it mus be something in the MOBs.
Edit: confirmed that it's a MOB issue by copying the MOB file for the Moathouse Tower Spider from vanilla GoG, and it now deals poison damage.

Latest build now supports configuring maxPCs, showExactHPforNPCs and pointBuyPoints through TemplePlus.ini. Also made Point Buy behave nicer for more than 25 points (you can now lower a stat even if you have more than 25 remaining points). Coming soon to an options menu near you!

Edit: Finally got rid of the ugly Co8 hack for hiding the stats in the character UI (available in build pre+174). Well, it's still hacky, but less hamfisted I guess :P i.e. the stat.mes entries for stat abbreviations have been restored and the stat names will appears where they are needed, except for the left panel of the character creation UI where it has been replaced by a background graphic by Co8.

rj8Lf4b.png

5qyRp7K.png

TbeIBmR.png

Make sure to download the latest data file release (r6) along with the latest build.

If you happen to not be using Co8 for some reason, this latest change will hide the text and there won't be a graphic to replace it. For that case I've added a TemplePlus.ini config called "usingCo8" that is true by default, which you'd need to set to false (yeah, dirty, I know, I'll replace it later).

Well, that's semantic I guess... clearly it is meant that to go from 13->14 is 1 point and 14->15 is 2 point, but it's hard to pack the exact meaning into a two word description.

Also, fixed the Raise Dead bug in pre+178 (was a silly bug in PyObjHandle_ObjectScriptExecute). Assuming that the "could not reproduce" are non-issues (or the usual ToEE one-off bugs), we seem to be out of TemplePlus-specific bugs!

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Oh, sure... now that I've finally committed all of the skill modifiers to memory :argh:

Looks good.

Something I never noticed before is that the 'cost per point' table in the point buy window is dumb... it has overlapping scores (9-14, 14-16, 16-18). The ranges should be discrete (9-14, 15-16, 17-18). Really old typo?

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Ah, yeah I guess it depends how you read it.

I'm seeing some rare instability with TemplePlus that I'm having a hard time reproducing due to it's nature. Just recently, I left the game running in the shop map for a couple of hours while I had dinner and hung out with my gf. When I picked it up again, it crashed while manipulating items in the inventory. I don't think a save game would be useful (nor do I have one for this example) but the log shows a pile of direct3d warnings and apparently the process runs out of vram. The errors pile up while I'm AFK. I have a vram gauge on my desktop, but didn't glance at it before the CTD to see whether that was consistent with the log. I'll keep my eye on it for future leaky behavior... I frequently let the game run for long periods while I'm doing other things.

Log posted to the Google drive. This particular game was run through character creation for 6 characters, equipment purchases and then left sitting idle for a couple of hours, more or less.

On another occasion (recently) I had map 'blackouts' when scrolling into adjacent map sectors. That log was overwritten (oops :roll:) but it contained similar statements, iirc.

And a continuing problem mentioned in the old thread on Co8, the game does not take well to being minimized for too long. It will typically go black and CTD when I restore the window. I'll take a look at a log from one of those cases, maybe it's similar.

gazra

Educated
I tested the following using TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+178 and updated Co8 8.1 data files release 6.

When my party leader talked to Elmo, I selected the dailogue option:
"2. We need to talk about your equipment."
Elmo replied:
"Whaddya wanna know?"
The only dialogue response option that my party leader had was:
"1. Never mind."
I couldn't get Elmo to sell his equipment. Whenever I've played the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, I've always been able to get NPCs in my adventuring party to sell their equipment.
Bug in hit_dice_num, fixed in pre+179. Good catch!

When my party leader talked to Fruella, my only dialogue response option was:
"1."
There was no text displayed for my only dialogue response option to Fruella.
Hopefully fixed in data_r9.

When my party leader talked to Mother Screng, he chose the dialogue option:
"I would like to see your selection of healing potions and herbs."
Mother Screng replied:
"I would be willing to sell to you. Please see my assistant in the attic. She can help you."
My party leader talked to Hruda and chose the dialogue option:
"Um...I'm here to buy something."
Hruda relied:
"Then you need to go talk to my mother. She was the one on the first floor of the shop. Or were you too busy picking that nose of yours to notice those stairs you walked up? Now get back down to the main floor!"
Whenever I've played the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, I've always been able to access Mother Screng's shop inventory.
WAI (there's a vendor in the 3rd floor, Screng wasn't talking about Hruda)

I killed Romag and the Earth Temple Commander and all of the priests in the Earth Temple. Then my adventuring party exited the ToEE. When my adventuring party went down to ToEE dungeon level 2, Kelno was in his normal location. In other words, the Air Temple hadn't gone reactive.
This may be a side effect of the lack of the .co8 save file, or possibly because you killed Romag before I had the path issues... should hopefully work now.

During the combat against the reactive Water Temple, Belsornig cast Hold Person. The spell registered being cast in the Rolls History window, but no Will save was registered in the Rolls History window, and the spell had no effect whatsoever. I think that the spell Hold Person doesn't work.
Yeah, I forgot to remove a debug related command in the script - Fixed.

During the combat against the reactive Water Temple, I ordered my druid PC to cast Cure Serious Wounds on an ally PC by clicking on a PC as a target, which caused my druid to move over adjacent to my PC, cast the spell (which registered in the Rolls History window), but there was no sound effect of the spell being cast, and my damaged PC target did not recover any Hit Points from the spell being cast on him. For the rest of the combat, when my Cleric and Druid PCs cast Cure X Wounds, sometimes the spell recovered the Hit Points of its recipient, other times, the spell recovered no Hit Points of its recipient.
Apparently Cure Serious Wounds was using .heal() instead of .spell_heal(), as were some Mass Cure Spells. I fixed the Co8 version for them, but will make .heal() tolerate 4 args in case vanilla has this nonsense too.

Towards the end of the combat against the reactive Water Temple, none of the characters in my adventuring party could move at all! The thermometer icon at the left of the screen (which indicates the currently selected character's remaining actions for their turn) had a full bar of both green and yellow, indicating that the character should be able to move, but none of the characters in my adventuring party could move at all.
Cannot reproduce... maybe it's a consequence of the other glitches, let me know if it happens again.

I've uploaded my log, a screenshot of Fruella's dialogue interface, and my saved game just before the combat against the reactive Water Temple (all in a file named Cure X Wounds & movement during Water Temple combat) to Sitra's Google Drive. If you load that saved game, just click on the blue portal icon to take the adventuring party to ToEE dungeon level 2, and then navigate your way to the Water Temple.

My spine has been causing me considerable pain all day today, so I may need to halt my bugtesting until my back pain becomes bearable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
And I was just getting optimistic that we squashed all of the bugs :lol:

Good work guys, and gazra, you should definitely take a break if you have health issues!

Pugmeister the d3d errors Heinous Hat reported sound like something you should handle (although it's possible that it's a side effect of some sort of corruption I guess).

gazra

Educated
I tested the spell Hold Person (using TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+178 and updated Co8 8.1 data files release 6) and it works perfectly. I'm deducing that what happened in the combat against the reactive Water Temple was that Belsornig cast Hold Person at my fighter PC who had Lareth's Ring of Freedom of Movement equipped, so that's why the target of Belsornig's Hold Person spell didn't have to make a Will save, and that's why the spell had no effect whatsoever. Another "der" moment brought to you by gazra!
Sorry to disappoint, but the truth is that the script checks if the caster is a party member or not and has additional targeting code for NPCs ;) (this part had a leftover line from some testing I did)

My saved games still don't have the .co8 file.
Now that's really strange because your logs report that the Save Hook ran successfully. I'll add some more detailed feedback in the code so we know what's going on, but in the meantime, can you check if it creates .co8 files somewhere else in your ToEE folder?
Edit: Found the issue, forgot to include a updated file in scr\co8Util.

gazra

Educated
The game has no sound effect when clicking on Quit Game from the game's main menu. When playing the Co8 Modpack using TFE-X, I've always heard a sound effect whenever I click on Quit Game from the game's main menu.
Cannot Reproduce - is this still the case in latest build? Is it consistent?
I just tested this by running and quitting the game repeatedly. The first time that I quit the game, I heard the sound effect. The second time that I quit the game, I heard a small fraction of the sound effect (it was cut off). For subsequent times that I quit the game, I heard no sound effect (except one time I again heard a small fraction of the sound effect that was cut off).
Ok, I managed to get it to sound a bit cut off sometimes... but to be honest it seems like an extremely minor issue.

My saved games still don't have the .co8 file.
Now that's really strange because your logs report that the Save Hook ran successfully. I'll add some more detailed feedback in the code so we know what's going on, but in the meantime, can you check if it creates .co8 files somewhere else in your ToEE folder?
I looked in all of the main subdirectories, and I couldn't see any .co8 files anywhere within the game folder. I also noticed the Save Hook line in the log, but I'm telling you that the .co8 files ain't there. Maybe I need to start a brand new game in order for the .co8 files to be present in saved games?
I believe you, was just wondering if it was a path issue. Anyway like I said I'll add more detailed feedback in the code so we can diagnose exactly what's going on.
Edit: Yeah I just forgot to include a file in the Co8 update pack. See release 8. (also I think the game might have created a "save" folder in your main ToEE folder and put the saves there because you were using the normal Co8 file)

My wizard PC attempted to cast Enlarge Person on Elmo during combat, but my wizard didn't have a line of sight with Elmo, and when I clicked on Elmo as the target of the spell, I saw the text message "Invalid Target". Then I moved my wizard a little so that he now had line of sight with Elmo (his movement remained well inside the green zone of his action bar), and when I tried to recast Enlarge Person on Elmo, I saw that all of the Enlarge Person spells that my wizard had memorized were red (indicating that he couldn't cast them), yet all of my wizard's other spells that he had memorized were yellow (indicating that he could cast any of those spells).
Well Enlarge Person has a casting time of 1 round, so it's WAI.

I experienced chronic lag whenever the game screen was looking at the Fire Temple where Bassanio and the Noble Salamanders and the Flamebrothers are.
Damn them! :outrage: But is this worse than normal ToEE?

The game seems to be able to only have a maximum of 7 characters in the player's adventuring party. I have 5 PCs and 2 NPCs in my adventuring party, but when I tried to have Prince Thrommel join my adventuring party, I only had a dialogue response option stating that my party was full. When I dropped Elmo from my adventuring party, I was then able to have Prince Thrommel join my adventuring party. I checked my TemplePlus.ini and it has the line:
maxPCs=5
Yeah I forgot that we had replaced the follower_at_max function in the course of the Python upgrade, will fix. Edit: fixed in pre+180.

I've uploaded my saved game (named Prince Thrommel won't join party) to Sitra's Google Drive. My saved game is just before my adventuring party has spoken to Prince Thrommel.

The following spoiler contains the section of my log when Prince Thrommel was unable to join my adventuring party:

[2015-05-19 15:23:05.699] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'game.global_flags[168] = 1'
[2015-05-19 15:23:05.699] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'game.global_flags[168] = 1'
[2015-05-19 15:23:05.699] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) == 0 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:05.699] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:05.699] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) >= 1 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:05.699] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:23:09.067] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'check_follower_thrommel_comments(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:09.067] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'check_follower_thrommel_comments(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:09.067] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:12.669] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'switch_to_thrommel(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:12.669] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'switch_to_thrommel(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:12.669] [core] [info] Python: 0
[2015-05-19 15:23:13.287] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:13.287] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:23:13.937] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) == 0 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:13.937] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:13.937] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) >= 1 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:13.937] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:23:14.888] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:14.888] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:23:18.341] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard not pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:18.341] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:23:18.341] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:23:18.341] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:27.398] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'npc.item_transfer_to(pc,3014)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:27.398] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'npc.item_transfer_to(pc,3014)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:27.400] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:30.918] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'run_off(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:30.918] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'run_off(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:23:30.918] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.203] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Hoodless Circlet (19981accee2) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.203] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Fragarach (1b741acd652) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.203] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Prince Thrommel's Plate Armor (1bc01acd782) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.204] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Prince Thrommel's Golden Ring (19301accd42) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.204] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Silver Plate Boots (192c1accd32) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.204] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Red Cloak (1a1e1acd0fa) lacks a Dispatcher
[2015-05-19 15:23:32.204] [core] [info] d20SendSignal(): Object Prince Thrommel's Large Steel Shield (1b861acd69a) lacks a
Dispatcher

The following spoiler contains the section of my log when Prince Thrommel joined my adventuring party:

[2015-05-19 15:23:59.245] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard npc.leader_get() != OBJ_HANDLE_NULL for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:23:59.245] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:23:59.245] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.quests[12].state != qs_unknown for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:23:59.245] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:24:02.629] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'pc.follower_remove(npc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:02.629] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'pc.follower_remove(npc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:02.629] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-19 15:24:07.353] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'game.global_flags[168] = 1'
[2015-05-19 15:24:07.353] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'game.global_flags[168] = 1'
[2015-05-19 15:24:07.353] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) == 0 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:07.353] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:24:07.353] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) >= 1 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:07.353] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:24:08.218] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'check_follower_thrommel_comments(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:08.218] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'check_follower_thrommel_comments(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:08.218] [core] [info] Python: 1
[2015-05-19 15:24:19.327] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'switch_to_thrommel(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:19.327] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'switch_to_thrommel(npc,pc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:19.328] [core] [info] Python: 0
[2015-05-19 15:24:20.645] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:20.645] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:24:21.379] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) == 0 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:21.379] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:24:21.379] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.stat_level_get(stat_level_bard) >= 1 for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:21.379] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:24:22.180] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.party_alignment == LAWFUL_EVIL for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:22.180] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:24:22.897] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard not pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:22.897] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:24:22.897] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 149
[2015-05-19 15:24:22.897] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:24:29.285] [core] [debug] Running dialog actions 'pc.follower_add(npc)'
[2015-05-19 15:24:29.286] [core] [debug] Running dialog action 'pc.follower_add(npc)'
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.564] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[66] == 0 for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.564] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.564] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[66] == 1 and not pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.564] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.564] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_flags[66] == 1 and pc.follower_atmax() for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.565] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 1
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.565] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.global_vars[501] == 2 for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.565] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.565] [core] [debug] Running dialog guard game.quests[97].state == qs_completed for line 0 in script 270
[2015-05-19 15:25:00.565] [core] [debug] Dialog guard is 0

I've tested the following special scripted events and they all worked perfectly:
random encounter with Assassin after selling Lareth's item in Hommlet.
random encounter with Skole's Goons after failing to complete Skole's assassination quest within 3 days.
random encounter with Ranger who gives reward for rescuing Countess Tillahi.
random encounter with Lord Grundwell who gives reward for rescuing Prince Thrommel.
reactive Water Temple.
reactive Fire Temple.
:salute:

I haven't tested every spell in the game yet, and I haven't tested all of the bard songs yet. I won't be doing that until my back pain abates.
Try not to wear yourself out man!
Also, note that you can get all spells known / memorized by entering in the console
Code:
all_spells_by_index

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Concerning the .co8 files in the save folder... I don't see them on my end anymore either. At some point during the release cycle, they went from being smallish text files (<1kb) to 0 byte files. Lately, they aren't written at all.
Should hopefully be solved now! (per gazra's latest report)

gazra

Educated
I applied TemplePlus-0.1.0-pre+180 and updated Co8 8.1 data files release 10. Then I ran the game and saved a game. I checked the save folder and the saved game has a .co8 file.
:happytrollboy:

Unfortunately, my fighter PC, Elmo, and Fruella all now permanently have 10 foot reach. They were the only characters in my adventuring party that my wizard PC had cast Enlarge Person on previously in the game.
You can reset this by casting Enlarge Person again on them.

I also haven't tested a monk's stunning fist and flurry of blows special attacks yet, but I'll be taking a break from testing until my back pain abates.
Definitely!

Heinous Hat

Scholar
.co8 files are being written again for me as well with v180

Best of luck and speedy healing for your back, gazra. It's amazing what a millimeter of wayward cartilage can do to ruin your day/week/month... :(

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Latest update (pre+181) now allows flexible party PC/NPC composition.

Now you don't need to specify the max number of PCs, and may add/remove PCs/NPCs so long as the total is no more than 8. Well, there's also a cap of 5 for NPCs, because I think more than that causes a crash, and this was also the limit in Co8. I've also added a config toggle (maxPcsFlexible) in case someone wants to disable the flexibility for some reason, but it is set to "True" by default.

For the next update I will also add a method for leaving PCs behind, in a way that allows you to pick them up later. This will allow you to even out crafter XP (you could take the caster on a solo XP farming adventure), level up select party members faster, go with an 8 PC party without worrying about escorts, etc.

Edit: It's out now (pre+183) along with some fixes for game.picker (affected the Jaroo healing and stuff like that).

Newest updated Co8 files (r11) will now allow you to ask Ostler Gundigoot to leave behind PCs. He will then do the "picker" routine, and instruct you to go upstairs. Once you do, the PC(s) you picked will disband from your party, and you can re-recruit them by talking to them. Cool, huh?

Anyway a picture is worth a thousand words:

GtAaoLb.png

j9BpAZy.png

tvMBGBr.png

K3oLD8s.png

3dPaJ1J.png

(I had to do it this way because using the logbook erases PCs that are not in your party)

Yeah, I also like the fact you can converse with your own party members, even if minimally - it gives them some semblance of life. I really enjoyed that aspect of Divinity: Original Sin.

Also, the scripting can be used for things like adventures that force you to go solo / split up your party (e.g. leave a few behind to defend while some break away to assault something).

BTW... has anyone tried bartering with an NPC and checking out the logfile? I think you might find it amusing...

Guilty as charged :P

I've added a fix for Sorcerers losing 2 spells on spell failure, along with a bunch of under-the-hood stuff, and the Ice Storm fix in the data file pack (along with the same fix applied for spells that had the same code such as Cloudkill, Entangle, Grease, Silence, Stinking Cloud, Web and others).

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
This is pretty cool... nice addition :)

Haven't tried using it for some of the suggested purposes yet, but played with the basic functionality and it works as described. I like that you've made the Inn the hub for this and the inactive characters just sort of hang out upstairs.

Black

Arcane
It's been in vanilla but it still bugs (hehe) me- Ice Storm.
Why can't its radius be shown properly? It's a pain to aim with it.
Fixed

Black

Arcane
Talking about the area of effect is actually larger than what the game shows so if I don't keep that in mind I'll be hitting my dudes with it.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Ok yeah, I think it can be inaccurate because it only uses the tile X,Y coordinates rather than the exact location (X,Y coordinate + floating point offsets). That's actually easy to fix, or so it seems.

Can you test with and without this file to see if it's better? (extract to data\scr)

Attachments

• Spell237 - Ice Storm.zip
    639 bytes · Views: 241

Black

Arcane
That's how it was before.
lb0URVM.jpg
yiwjzFY.jpg

and now
sRWykfw.jpg
1RO1Cwf.jpg

so yeah, fixed!

By the way, any hopes for fixing the dreaded "impossible to detect secrets" bug that happens occasionally? My current work-around is grabbing Furnok's ring of invisibility and checking if I can detect secret doors in the moathouse but I imagine it must be painful to new players or people who don't know about it. Just imagine, doing all of Homlet only to learn you have to del your savegames and start over.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Already fixed in TemplePlus :)

(I've also addded a workaround in Jaroo's dialogue that causes secret doors to be revealed a couple of years ago but this obviates the need for that)

LarkinVB

Novice
Great ! Can you fix the bug when a PC is losing his action because another PC had readied versus approach and was triggered before ?
Should be fixed now

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Yeah, always hated that bug! I'll take a look.

Hey LarkinVB , can you help me set up a testing scene where the bug is easily reproduced? I am unfortunately having trouble replicating it :P

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
I've added a fix for Sorcerers losing 2 spells on spell failure, along with a bunch of under-the-hood stuff, and the Ice Storm fix in the data file pack (along with the same fix applied for spells that had the same code such as Cloudkill, Entangle, Grease, Silence, Stinking Cloud, Web and others).

Bravo :) Those ambiguous AoEs were a real clusterfuck. Without seeing this post until today, I noticed Grease was actually usable.

Back to bug hunting after a short layoff...

I'm encountering a UI problem on rare occasions that's likely map (or feature) dependent... seems to trigger in situations where there's some occlusion present during combat. In the save I've uploaded, there are some Stirges positioned behind a large rock, which is itself behind a tree. If you try selecting a charge attack with the active character (Elmo) you find that he doesn't have a straight path to either creature. After deselecting 'charge' by right-clicking, you get locked out of any movement options (e.g. alt-drag doesn't work, nor any radial menu command that involves movement, including attacks). Reloading the save fixes the issue (until you repeat the same sequence). I'm not sure if it's limited to just charge attacks or if there are other ways to break it.

I've seen this on other maps, but wasn't certain it was recurring, until now. The map in the save is a random encounter. In the included log, the relevant output for Elmo's turn starts around line 950.
Fixed in pre+189

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom