Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Something's up with pre-189...

hIYOj4O5TG8S13qWFW7djLy3uFm2wWz0RpTsH1Glna0sobCr-UHvq1NJ1cyWwLeEOe_s2A=w1491-h951

I checked some older, random saves and it's common. Just the skills, afaik.

edit: reverted to pre-185 and it's ok there

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That stay at inn option is a good opportunity to try to code a more punishing injury and sickness system
:troll:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Weird, I'm not getting that, not even with the save you submitted yesterday. Can you post log+save?

Ok scratch that, managed to reproduce. It's semi-random apparently, will look into it...

So we could finally have some C&C for visiting the brothel, no doubt :P

Does D&D have anything indepth on that, anyway? As far as I know as soon as you have access to Remove Disease / Restore / Heal it renders that kind of thing moot.

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Weird, I'm not getting that, not even with the save you submitted yesterday. Can you post log+save?

Ok scratch that, managed to reproduce. It's semi-random apparently, will look into it...

Ah, ok. Just posted a save, so disregard.

Like I said, it was happening with any save file, going all the way back to an initial save at the opening shop. It seems cumulative... there aren't as many garbage values at earlier stages. And it doesn't occur for all characters. I don't see it when starting a fresh game.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Blargh, what a retarded bug it was. Can you spot the error?

Code:
cond = dispatcher->itemConds;
while (cond )
    {
        if (!(cond->flags & 1))
        {
            if (i == permModIdx)
            {
                *hashkeyOut = conds.hashmethods.GetCondStructHashkey(cond->condStruct);
                int numArgs = cond->condStruct->numArgs;
                for (int i = 0; i < numArgs; i++)
                {
                    condArgsOut[i++] = cond->args[i];
                }
                return cond->condStruct->numArgs;
            }
            ++i;
        }
        cond = cond->nextCondNode;
    }

Incremented the iterator variable twice in the innermost loop :P The result was that it was writing junk data into the condition args, hence those wacky values (or at other times, it would write 0, so you wouldn't get a bonus from Merchant's Scale and other items).

Anyway fixed in pre+190!

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
I see it

edit: Looks good now. NPCs needed some activity to update their values

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
The bug that locks the game after an attack of opportunity if you're dual wielding both Fragarach and Scather still exists.
Wasn't even aware of that one :P Fixed in pre+192

Last edited by a moderator:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
The extraordinary ability for jello creatures (gelatinous cube, oozes etc) is extra extraordinary...

7s9AStdCJr6oZacr6rMa6VbyYgp3GAOk-hNTrDvlAyAggOI9JCRAONB2vuNTA7xre2Pz7Q=w1327-h984

That's some strong acid :P

Uploaded save and log

Black

Arcane
Oh yeah, don't know if this has been fixed, but Jaroo doesn't attack you even if you attack him. His bears and guard do, but not him.
Dat sweet exp though, aww yiss.
Fixed (part of the co8fixes.dat file overrides)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
The bug that locks the game after an attack of opportunity if you're dual wielding both Fragarach and Scather still exists.

CysKqeW.jpg

Dual Wielded Fragarachs - because if you're going to support dirty cheating, you might as well go all the way
(fixed in pre+192)

Though I read something about a bonus end game slide if you kill Iuz but apparently it's bs.
There should be one, maybe his san_dying script bugged out. Can you check global flag 327? (game.global_flags[327] in the console)

Ah ok, if you're running the NC it saves that slide for the "Co8 endgame" (when you end the game by using the retirement notice in Verbobonc). If you're running Standard then it's a bug :P

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
Exactly, if I can't dual wield the two strongest weapons in the game and kill a demi-god then what's the point of playing video games??
mondblut
DyUzk7s.jpg

:fuuyeah:
Though I read something about a bonus end game slide if you kill Iuz but apparently it's bs.

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
It came up with "1".
TBH, I had killed Iuz before, without TemplePlus but with Co8. Still didn't get the slide. Maybe it's another Co8 "feature".

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Looks like rangers are getting an additional Two Weapon Fighting feat assigned to them at 2nd level.

This happens regardless of whether you select TWF as a combat style. For example, if I select the Archery combat style, I'll get either the standard TWF feat or TWF (ranger) alongside Rapid Shot (ranger)... I've seen both cases. Alternately, if you select TWF combat style, you also get the standard feat along with the ranger's variety (the former not being limited to light/unarmored status).

I've yet to test whether the erroneous feat is actually applied to stats, or just a UI bug. I don't see this anywhere in the Atari bug list and can't find any mention over at co8, so I'm reporting it here, although it does occur if I load my save without TemplePlus. I checked the feats related data files and nothing stands out. I'm assuming the .mes and .tab files are just enumerations/declarations and the actual assignment is handled by the dll, yes?

I'm a little suspicious of 'ambidexterity', which would have been active under 3rd Ed rules.

Uploading a save with a ranger who is ready to go to level 2.

Fixed in pre+193 ("the only terminator I need is a T-800")

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Confirmed fixed across save games as well.

Out of interest, was that feat active or just a display bug? Did it have anything to do with 'ambidexterity'?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Confirmed fixed across save games as well.

Out of interest, was that feat active or just a display bug? Did it have anything to do with 'ambidexterity'?

It was a bug in the re-implemented ranger feat table. I forgot to add the terminator (a couple of -1's), which caused a buffer overflow when it read the ranger archery feats from the FeatRequirementCheck function. Not surprisingly, the ranger TWF feats was located just after that, so it found the TWF feat and matched the level requirement, et voila, you got the feat!
Nothing to do with Ambidexterity.
I think you would have gotten the full feat effect (i.e. not just a display issue) but I'm not 100% sure.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I swear I'll never buy a Dell again. Damn you to hell :argh:

(Computer is toast, hopefully it's not a HD failure...)

edit: thankfully not, seems to have recovered for now... made backups just the same.

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
I swear I'll never buy a Dell again. Damn you to hell :argh:

(Computer is toast, hopefully it's not a HD failure...)

edit: thankfully not, seems to have recovered for now... made backups just the same.

And don't forget to backup your backups ;)

Black

Arcane
QUESTIONS!
1) Does ToEE have critical ray (spell) attack effects?
2) Chain Lightning crashes the game if you target a lot of enemies with it (12 or more I think), can this be fixed?
Appears to have been inadvertently fixed :P

Sitra Achara

Arcane
QUESTIONS!
1) Does ToEE have critical ray (spell) attack effects?
2) Chain Lightning crashes the game if you target a lot of enemies with it (12 or more I think), can this be fixed?
1) don't think I've ever seen one
2) Probably ;) I want to finish setting up the "new feat" infrastructure first though (i.e. new selectable feats at char gen).

Anyway, starting with pre+201 I've messed a bit with feat taking and the basic To Hit / AC functions. I'd appreciate some focused testing of that.

New feats that I'd like testing:
Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (grants third extra Offhand attack)
Improved Precise Shot (partially implemented - only negates Cover bonus); should work for Rangers too
Sharp-Shooting (reduces Cover AC bonus to +2)

Also so you don't waste time, here are the dummy feats that right now that don't do anything:

Persistent Spell
Power Critical
Divine Might
Reckless Offense

Knock-Down
Superior Expertise
Deadly Precision

The -5 to charm only applies on a new game I think. IIRC it's because it only modifies the global variable when you open the Shopmap portal.

Last edited:

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Uploaded a save from pre-198 demonstrating a crash during the Lareth fight in the Moathouse.
Fixed in pre+202

It looks like a ranged targeting or feat usage bug during the AI turn. The log consistently terminates with "Guardsman attempting sniper...". This save is from the previous build, where I was able to complete the encounter with no problem.

To reproduce, walk the party up the hallway to the guards (who are not alerted) and initiate the dialogue that that leads to combat. There are several charmed critters with the party as well. Crash should occur when a ranged enemy tries to target a party member. I've tried holding the charmed gnoll and bugbears back and out of sight to see if they were complicit... doesn't seem so.

Another thing I've spotted is that the -5 DC nerf for Charm Person (option in Co8_config.ini) doesn't seem to be applied. Does toggling that require a fresh game or an area change?

Oh, and I see I put my last post here by mistake. That should have gone to the suggestions thread, sorry ;)

Heinous Hat

Scholar
Seeing a number of bugs with pre-202... I've started a fresh game to confirm.

1. Something's up with third attack penalties being calculated where they aren't relevant. Still trying to determine the scope and where it's just a display bug vs effective.
-Thus far, I'm seeing the penalty in the character UI when equipping an off hand weapon... the character shows a -20 to primary and -25 to off hand attacks. These don't seem to be applied to the actual roll.
Fixed in pre+205
- However, for creatures, summons etc, a huge malus for third attack (e.g. -45, -50 etc) shows up in the combat log.
Fixed in pre+207

2. Attacking with an off-hand weapon equipped is consistently triggering an AoO. This happens when the target is already in melee range, not if you have to move (and thus, lose your additional attack).
Fixed in pre+206

4. Skill checks for open lock are consistently yielding a 0 instead of a "take 20". This has me stuck in the CN opening vignette, since you need to pick the lock (DC 25) in order to get into the final chest that sends you off to Hommlet. The arcane 'open/close' also fails, though I'm not clear on whether that's supposed to work on locks. The SRD says it doesn't, which conflicts with toee documentation. I think I may have never actually tried 'open/close' before :o
Fixed in pre+208
btw Open/Close doesn't unlock, Knock does that.

5. Healing during rest isn't working
Fixed in pre+208 (silly bug, I overwrote the DiceRoller function and forgot to use the bonus; this also caused the Open Lock failure and probably many other failures)

I can post a save game and log, but all of this occurs with a fresh start. I generally pick the CN start for testing Templeplus, since it has a couple of encounters and skill checks.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
also...

3. The UI (sometimes) isn't allowing a character to target a distant enemy for a melee attack... you get the 'target too far' cursor and clicking does nothing (normally, it would automatically draw a path and move to attack). You can, however, manually draw a path to the target and then attack once the distance is closed. This one seems situational, though I haven't figured out the conditions yet.
Would greatly appreciate a saved game demonstrating this.

Heinous Hat

Scholar
also...

3. The UI (sometimes) isn't allowing a character to target a distant enemy for a melee attack... you get the 'target too far' cursor and clicking does nothing (normally, it would automatically draw a path and move to attack). You can, however, manually draw a path to the target and then attack once the distance is closed. This one seems situational, though I haven't figured out the conditions yet.
Would greatly appreciate a saved game demonstrating this.

Yup, keeping an eye out for it... just starting with pre-208. I haven't seen that happen again since I mentioned it.
Probably a Pathfinding issue. Hopefully fixed by Pathfinding improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom