Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Knee

Literate
Running into an issue where the resolution doesn't conform to the settings in the configuration menu. I have set it to 1920x1080, but it appears painfully small.
yapjuA5
https://imgur.com/gallery/yapjuA5. I also have circle of eight installed, and when launched from that launcher the resolution does conform to the 1920x1080 specification.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Those screenshots are in 800x600. Have you tried running it in 1280x720 with Temple+ for legible menus?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
How are you running the game?

Edit: oh nvm i see you're running to correctly.

Can you post the logfile? See instructions in first post.

JDR13

Arcane
What size is your monitor? 1920x1080 is really high for ToEE. I'm running it at 1024x640 as anything higher made things too small on my 24" monitor.

Jim Knee

Literate
Just tried it, along with a few other resolutions, and those do work, but I know I used to run it in 1920x1080 when i first installed it on another device, and I believe I saw that 1920x1080 is supported with temple+, and it is supported by co8. The purpose of the config menu in the first set of images was to show what my options were for that launch, showing that it launches in 800x600 even when its configured for 1920x1080.

Jim Knee

Literate
Also, i have checked the resolution of my monitor and it is 1920x1080. running on a laptop, as I did the last time I played. Same model of laptop, even.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Entirely serious. As a comparison, here's how it looks when i've launched from co8: https://imgur.com/gallery/pgbwj6A
Err, this looks like 800x600, and the other one with Temple+ looks high res (your log says the window is 1536x864, I'm guessing it upscales).

It sounds to me like what you actually want (based on your comment "but it appears painfully small") is to set the resolution to 800x600 and run it in full screen.

Jim Knee

Literate
And my problem has been solved. Thank you, I hadnt understood that the resolution doesnt need to match the screen's resolution in order for it to fit the screen. Running it in 800x600 is absolutely identical to how it launches with co8.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
- here's a savegame where the moathouse bandit encounter got stuck - Fixed 1.0.85 (added failsafe, also Lareth script issue that might have caused it)
On that note. While debugging this, I found a hilarious exploit to do with the game's anti-hang system.

GreybarResetExploit.jpg

GreybarResetExploit2.jpg

Needless to say, this will be fixed for next version too :lol:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I am using temple+ 1.0.84. I have noticed a couple of times that when I am walking on the overland map, I get into a fight. Then I go back to where I started from after the fight (I don't save after the fights on the overland map). The trail given doesn't start at the site on the overland map. Then the program freezes and I need to do the control-alt-delete to end the program. I am using the latest windows 10 (new computer). I have the most up-to-date graphics software. It is really annoying when you get the swamp lotus and have to do it again.
Ok I missed the part about going back to where you started (or forgot about it). That was the key.
Thanks for the reports, finally fixed! (For next version)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
This is probably going to be a "who cares" post but I feel I have to post it. I started temple+ after getting a new computer. It would overheat my old computer. This computer doesn't have that problem. I had characters from Co8 8.1.0 new content with Rudy's mods. When I started temple+, the Rudy's mods went away but after asking about it, I reinstalled them. Now I looked under the help menu and noticed under the wizard level 0 spells a spell called "touch of fatigue". It is not showing up under my level 0 spells. When I reinstalled the Rudy's mods, all that came back. I don't see a need for me to use the spell but I have to ask, is it in the game or just listed in the help menu???
It's in the game. If the wizard was created without Temple+ (or in an earlier version) the wizard might not have it in the known spells list.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I just redid the combat with Feldrin. This time, I killed him before his lieutenant. With others that were in the fight and after killing Feldrin, the battle just ended with everyone going to where they started. Is this supposed to happen?
I think I fixed it. The bug I found occurs when you knock him out - his interrupt combat with dialogue scripting checks if his HP is below 75%, but not if he's still conscious.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Pugmeister just fixed this, in build 305. Many curses were uttered :P

Checked it and it's ok; tried various resolutions. Though it's still a mystery why the thing played normally after swapping it out and back again. Cached metadata or something?

Incidentally, in that encounter with Falrinth (wizard)... after he's taken a beating and escapes, his spell vfx remain visible until they expire. Probably a scripting oversight and not a templeplus issue... don't remember if that happens in plain co8 or vanilla.

Fixed v1.0.85
Going back to this thread to knock a few off...
This turned out to also involve an issue with Minor Globe of Invulnerability, which was also blocking the "Spell End" callbacks. Fixed that as well, at least in this context (though I suspect it can cause a lot of other problems).

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Orb of Golden CTDs
The Orb of Golden Death produced a crash to desktop when used for chain lightning by Burne in the Earth node against the Glabrezu. This happened again when I used it again in the same circumstance after restarting the fight. Check the code on chain lightning. Perhaps that's in conflict with the Orb's version of the spell.

Also, perhaps chain lightning was cast from out of range. I did stand at the end of the hall possibly - but unlikely - out of range.

Finally, the Orb's chain lightning requires a full-round action to use. Should this be a standard action instead?
As noted also on Co8, chain lightning will crash the game when any arc is more than 60 ft long - so yeah, casting it from the end of the hallway triggered it. Fixed for next version.

Norfleet

You got it right. Characters can make trip attacks while being prone (e.g. after you get counter-tripped or you slipped over a grease puddle) but if that character has Improved Trip he doesn't follow with the extra attack granted by the feat.
Makes sense. It's much easier to trip people while prone, as any cat can tell you, but much harder to actually attack them after tripping them.

Dr. Bak

Novice
Makes sense. It's much easier to trip people while prone, as any cat can tell you, but much harder to actually attack them after tripping them.
I'm no cat whisperer but I'm sure it would still attack regardless of the penalties. :lol:

chrisboote

Novice
I have just got my cleric to L13 and no Level 7 Spells are showing when trying to fill his spell quota
I am using the Co8 8.10 modpack, with extra content, and the temple plus modifications
What part of the install did I muck up?
Thanks

NAB: too low WIS score (answered via mail)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I have just got my cleric to L13 and no Level 7 Spells are showing when trying to fill his spell quota
I am using the Co8 8.10 modpack, with extra content, and the temple plus modifications
What part of the install did I muck up?
Thanks
Is your WIS not high enough perhaps?

chrisboote

Novice
Is there any way to force-trigger a given encounter? I got one from my reward from a mystic (being as spoiler-free as possible) and have been going back and forth on the longest runs I can find to try to trigger it. No luck after 200 travels. Is there some var or flag that might have been mis-set or not set at all that I could check?
The flag for this encounter is 1, minded to change it to 0, and set one of the others to 1

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Is there any way to force-trigger a given encounter? I got one from my reward from a mystic (being as spoiler-free as possible) and have been going back and forth on the longest runs I can find to try to trigger it. No luck after 200 travels. Is there some var or flag that might have been mis-set or not set at all that I could check?
The flag for this encounter is 1, minded to change it to 0, and set one of the others to 1
Not sure what you're talking about here... you can use the spoiler tags if you're worried about that.

chrisboote

Novice
Not sure what you're talking about here... you can use the spoiler tags if you're worried about that.
I found the advice from Mona and Uncle Gnome, killed the Gremlich, went back to Mona to end the task and get my reward. I chose 'sport' which set flag 721 to 1, so I anticipated having the 'sport' encounter soon. But no. I have tracked up, down, left, right, travelling as much as I can for over 200 journeys, still no sport encounter. Is there a command or counter flag or var I can set to force-trigger this encounter?
Thanks

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I found the advice from Mona and Uncle Gnome, killed the Gremlich, went back to Mona to end the task and get my reward. I chose 'sport' which set flag 721 to 1, so I anticipated having the 'sport' encounter soon. But no. I have tracked up, down, left, right, travelling as much as I can for over 200 journeys, still no sport encounter. Is there a command or counter flag or var I can set to force-trigger this encounter?
Thanks
Yes, you can manually schedule those. See here:

https://github.com/GrognardsFromHel...src/co8fixes/scr/py00439script_daemon.py#L252

On that note, is it possible that this is your 2nd playthrough? Asking because I have a suspicion about the root cause of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom