Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Terrible voice acting

Bruticis

I can't find a good clip but most of the VA by the protagonist in Sanitarium is so over the top it's hilarious.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued

Making full localization, trying to make it sound like russian. Beyond retarded

That's why I'm playing with the russian VO. More atmospheric and doesn't sound retarded. I cannot understand why so many people play it willingly with the english one, when you can change it in the option. Probably because masses are afraid to even enter the options menu.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
French version of Baldur's Gate was hilariously bad, with voice actor changing during a same narration, at least one female character (Silke in Beregost) being given a male actor, and overall bad quality.

deuxhero

Arcane
I can think of a few more: Bayonetta, God Hand, Vanquish amd Deadly Premonition.

Edit: That is, games that only have English voice acting even though they were made in Japan. It makes sense- B, GH and V are all by pretty much the same people and they like campy action movies from America and DP is basically a homage to Twin Peaks.

What's wrong with God Hand's voice acting? The dialog is silly and the voices fit that, but nothing says it is BAD acting to me.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's why I added the edit: I was just responding to the previous poster. I think all those games have great voice acting. I was just listing more games that were made in Japan but never had Japanese voices.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can't find a good clip but most of the VA by the protagonist in Sanitarium is so over the top it's hilarious.

Indeed, the game is excellent, but the main protagonist VA is so funny :lol: .

Watched Chaos Wars, now for some return strike. Cheap repost, but worthy. Prepare for 15 minutes of pain.

Dynasty Warriors and it's spin-offs like Warriors Orochi are cheesy and funny, due to the english VA.

And who would forget about Bolo Santosi from Just Cause 2

Falksi

Arcane
A Japanese game with an English localisation which has terrible voice acting? How is that not the norm/expected?

My submission: Prince of Qin, I have no favourite "worst cutscenes" so here's a pair of random ones I found on youtube.

Never heard of this before, I actually really like the look of it.

Is it any good?

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Frightening and hilarious in equal parts. So glad they got someone to make General Halder sound like he was from Texas. And Hitler is apparently voiced by a 12 year old Japanese boy.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
There was a Heroes of Might & Magic game that had VC so bad I could barely carry on and some awful developer voice acting in the days of DOS/Windows 95 but outside of mods for certain RPG games, I haven't run into this issue much. Someone offered a good tip in another topic recently: turn subtitles on and voice acting off if you need to.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

this video is still one of the funniest things in the world to me.

slash yer fuckin banjo eh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom