Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TES V will take place 200 years after Oblivion

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... r-Oblivion
A UK Bookseller's website let slip that the next Elder Scrolls game mightbe set two centuries after the massively successful Oblivion.

The slip came in the form of some sales blurb for the upcoming Elder Scrolls novel Infernal City by Greg Keyes on the UK bookseller Waterstones website. The text has since been edited away, but read:

"A novel that takes places forty-five years after the Oblivion Crisis, which is the story of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game and the expansion pack Shivering Isles. It partly bridges the gap for the next game, which is set 200 years after the Oblivion crisis."
They are probably doing this to handwave away all lore incosistencies with previous games that TES V will have and make further raping of the canon started with Oblivion even easier.

racofer

Thread Incliner
-Todd Howard: What we truly super duperly want is that when someone picks TES V and loads it on their XBAWK720, the first thing that crosses their minds is: "WOW! DIS IS JUST LIEK FALLOUT 3 WITH SPELLS N BAWS!!!"

Lingwe

Liturgist
And what's the bet that Oblivion gates are still lying around the place and people keep referring to 'the last emperor' like it happened 2 years ago and not 200 years ago.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Lingwe said:
And what's the bet that Oblivion gates are still lying around the place and people keep referring to 'the last emperor' like it happened 2 years ago and not 200 years ago.

This. And the whole place is locked down in medieval stasis.

Kingston said:
2010 - "This will not be Fallout 3 with spells" says Todd Howard.

2011 - "This will be Fallout 3 with spells!"

No no no! 200 years in the future! They'll have guns then, lots of 1950s retrofuturistic guns! And magic-powered mini-nukes! And golems will have advanced to Mr Handy-style Robots!

TESV, subtitled Fallout 4

It's like Fallout, except with books explaining how the guns run on magic instead of gunpowder!

spectre

Arcane
Bet it will have exactly the same shit as Bolivion.

But if they make some retarded changes, they can now blame it on the 200 years thing.
Like: guys, spears are still out, but for the last 200 years the elf dudes figured out how to make crossbows and thrown weapons again.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looking forward to it in some macabre way of wanting to see how they're going to further rape this beloved franchise of mine. Also, I'm really really curious if "200 years in the future" has any meaning setting-wise. A Renaissance tech-level would be awesome, but... it's Bethesda so it will probably be banal, shit, boring.

Also, why does this remind me of Fallout 3?
Fallout 3: 200 years after the apocalypse.
TES 5: 200 years after the demon invasion.

I SEE A PATTERN THERE

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Actually, Bethesda is working hard at combining The Elder Scrolls and Fallout universes into one big and grand Bethesda universe.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I bet my balls it will be an MMOG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom