Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome is awesome!

I can manage with a dictionary, but isn't it just a demo tho? Don't wanna get caught on it only to have it end when I'm enjoying it the most.
Try the weird random number our friend MF received from the spirit world and see if something happens to the demo. Once in the game hit F8 three times, then enter the number.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Oh, I did understand that, my doubt is as to whether the game is finished or more like a beta with its bugs and lacking stuff.
Meh, why do I even care, it's not like this is ever gonna get finished, so might as well take what we've got. Thanks for sharing everything guys!

Oh, I did understand that, my doubt is as to whether the game is finished or more like a beta with its bugs and lacking stuff.
Meh, why do I even care, it's not like this is ever gonna get finished, so might as well take what we've got. Thanks for sharing everything guys!
Absolutely, the original DOS-game is complete. The Windows-remake (in Teudogar's graphic style) however won't be finished anytime soon unfortunately.

Void_Pickle

Educated
Any linux guys got it working on wine yet? I suppose I can still fire a windows xp vm, but that seems like a lot of hoops to jump through

Yes, it worked easily with no need to tweak anything.

I really enjoyed this one. Lots of various outcomes based on what you do, although it's a bit jarring to suddenly get an end game screen when you weren't expecting it. Happened a couple times before I made it to the seemingly 'last' end.

The 'spells' were pretty interesting also, I liked how you had to acquire them.

Skdursh

Savant
Hello friendos. I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of this game but the authors website is nuked and the only links I'm finding are for the demo version of the game. If anyone has access to the complete thing holler atcha boy, pretty-please.

Edit: Sukh beat me to it.

It was related to me that there is a little present in the upper left on the main website that must have missed the nuke. The game is there.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BTW, it's freeware now. You can get it here: http://www.teudogar.com/ (click on the present icon in the upper left corner of the screen. then on the coffee icon. The zip file that will be downloaded is protected by the word Password). Have fun!
The site is down at present; does anyone else have a working link?

Look at the top left corner of the website. There's a little gift box icon there.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
BTW, it's freeware now. You can get it here: http://www.teudogar.com/ (click on the present icon in the upper left corner of the screen. then on the coffee icon. The zip file that will be downloaded is protected by the word Password). Have fun!

Click on the gift icon. Then on the coffee icon. Type "Password" when it asks you for one. Enjoy a great and underrated RPG!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron

Click on the gift icon. Then on the coffee icon. Type "Password" when it asks you for one. Enjoy a great and underrated RPG!
I like how you need to solve a puzzle to reach the game.

*ARNE*

Educated
Hi Lord_Potato !
Thank you for your great review !
Seems you liked our "little" game. I am still surprised people playing TEUDOGAR in 2020 !
Thanks and have great day !
Greetings to TEUDOGAR players !

ARNE

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hi Lord_Potato !
Seems you liked our "little" game. I am still surprised people playing TEUDOGAR in 2020 !

ARNE

Oh, I liked your game a lot! Will propably replay it soon and try the "alliance" path. It recently struck me that during my adventure I merely once interacted with the man who gave the game it's title, priest Teudogar. Propably in the peaceful scenario those interactions would happen more frequently.

So you are the creator of the game, author of its simple, yet very atmospheric visuals? Allow me then to congratulate you. It was partly thanks to your work that the journey through ancient Germania was so pleasureful.

Have you been working on other game related stuff since Teudogar? I'd love to see more of your art!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hi Lord_Potato !

ARNE

Dargul when???

I was trying to ask the same thing in a more subtle way, but ok, let's be open about it:)

Last edited:

*ARNE*

Educated
Thanks ! That is very kind of you !
Well...the low resolution and color palette was the hardest thing for me while working on TEUDOGAR.
I know most players think it's like a simple copy of ULTIMA.(Arrrggg...it's NOT!)
The "birds eye view", the look and interaction of the game are only a few specifications Wolf gave me.
The entire game is made up of individual tiles..hundreds...thousands of them !
At least a 3-6 phase animation programm engine gave me (as a fine-tuned graphic artist ;-) TOTALY THE REST...Hehe !

You mentioned the atmosphere in the game.
That was almost more important to me than a higher resolution or everything else and I'm glad you like it.

All in all, i have to say that after my work and the great programming of Wolf Mittag a nice game came out,
which is also supposed to convey historical background knowledge. Did you take a look at the lexicon?

I am still working as a graphic designer from time to time (not in games) but my main work is Photography for Wildlife now.

So, let me tell you and to all the other TEUDOGAR players:

THANK YOU !

best regards
*ARNE*

AdolfSatan

Arcane
The part with the notes on history and lexicon was one of the greatest assets in building an historical credibility for the game, you guys made an amazing work.
Also, you gotta drop by the library forum and show us some of those photos.

*ARNE*

Educated
Well...i think i wrote it somewhere before:
Sorry, but i really can not tell you WHEN or IF Darghul will be released !
I am not in contact with Wolf ! I know as much as you do. He lives in China now as far as i know.
I think you guys have more Information than i do.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well...the low resolution and color palette was the hardest thing for me while working on TEUDOGAR.
I know most players think it's like a simple copy of ULTIMA.(Arrrggg...it's NOT!)
The "birds eye view", the look and interaction of the game are only a few specifications Wolf gave me.
At least a 3-6 phase animation programm engine gave me (as a fine-tuned graphic artist ;-) TOTALY THE REST...Hehe !

That was almost more important to me than a higher resolution or everything else and I'm glad you like it.

All in all, i have to say that after my work and the great programming of Wolf Mittag a nice game came out,
which is also supposed to convey historical background knowledge. Did you take a look at the lexicon?

I am still working as a graphic designer from time to time (not in games) but my main work is Photography for Wildlife now.

THANK YOU !

best regards
*ARNE*

I was under the impression that Ultima 7 served as an inspiration for the graphics of Teudogar. However many games from the early 90s used this perspective (Challenge of the Five Realms, Planet's Edge, even first Jagged Allliance), and besides, there is nothing bad in searching inspiration in great games of old.

Yes, I read the lexicon. I'm a lover of ancient history. Used to late Republic/early Empire, then I slowly moved back to Hellenistic Era, but I still have a soft spot for Rome under the Julio-Claudian dynasty.

Happy to have you here, with us! Hope you stay longer, especially if you're still a fan of the whole RPG genre!

FFTW

Educated

THANK YOU !

best regards
*ARNE*
I would like to say thanks to you. You made a pretty underrated game, and the way you presented it for free was a pretty nice one too :)

I would also like to say thanks to Lord_Potato . Reading your obscure CRPGs writeups has been fun. Hope you write more of them soon :).

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

THANK YOU !

best regards
*ARNE*
I would like to say thanks to you. You made a pretty underrated game, and the way you presented it for free was a pretty nice one too :)

I would also like to say thanks to Lord_Potato . Reading your obscure CRPGs writeups has been fun. Hope you write more of them soon :).
Thanks,

I planned to do a short (or maybe slightly longer) review of Omega Syndrome but never got to writing it and since completing the game I probably played 30 other RPGs, my memories of it are quite rusty now. However not long ago I got my hands on a pretty decent fan English translation for Golden Land 2 (sequel to "Heath: the Unchosen Path" or Златогорье in Russian) and I plan to play it next year. If I manage to reach the end, I'll certainly review it!

FFTW

Educated

THANK YOU !

best regards
*ARNE*

Thanks,

I planned to do a short (or maybe slightly longer) review of Omega Syndrome but never got to writing it and since completing the game I probably played 30 other RPGs, my memories of it are quite rusty now. However not long ago I got my hands on a pretty decent fan English translation for Golden Land 2 (sequel to "Heath: the Unchosen Path" or Златогорье in Russian) and I plan to play it next year. If I manage to reach the end, I'll certainly review it!
Nice to know!
How about doing some writeups on a couple of those "30 other RPGs" in the mean time? ;)

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nice to know!
How about doing some writeups on a couple of those "30 other RPGs" in the mean time? ;)
Let's just say most of them are obscure for a reason :)

I've recently finished the most normie RPG ever (Divinity: Original Sin 2) but I'm returning to obscurities with Insomnia: the Ark. Let's see if it's worth a review.

Monolith

Prophet
Guys, with utmost respect towards your conversation about obscure RPGs (we can never have enough of those), this is an appreciation thread for Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome, hailed by Caesar himself, empowered by Germanic gods. Let's not spoil it with the likes of Omega Syndrome and "30 other RPGs".

Instead, replay it. If you are new to it - play it and join the circle jerk! And remember, in the game there is a tool bar on the left or right side of the screen (it's been a while). You *can* play the whole game without knowing it exists. It may be quite a bit tougher and some things will seem even more mystical to you, but it was still fun. It was Wolf himself who told me about the tool bar, so I'm extending that secret, almost forbidden knowledge to you.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
This was brought up in the CRPGaddict thread and I had no clue about it. I had to see this game in action.

Some say u7 clone?

eh piano? I would have preferred harpsichord:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom