Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TFRPG: The Bright and the Bastards

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
kCv2T60.png
Welp, in we go.

I follow just behind Molag and the stout-looking, heavily armoured paladin. What do we see?

"heavily armoured paladin" is this about Ben? Because he's got no armour (and his only weapon is a sling, because he got only 3 gp at creation).

AdeptPortrait.jpg
Emir watches over us in our travail!

I follow Molag in.

Andnjord

Arcane
"heavily armoured paladin" is this about Ben? Because he's got no armour (and his only weapon is a sling, because he got only 3 gp at creation).
In case you hadn't noticed, Andnjord (I really should have given my char a different name :lol:) has a little tendency towards the grandiose when talking.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
It's very dark inside here. Your torch gives you a small 30-foot cone of light around you, illuminating not much one can see. Various fungi dots the floor around you. To the north, the opposite of the cave entrance, you see some piles of what look like discarded junk in the distance. To the east and west, you can see what looks like the either side of the cave. The walls of the cave seem odd, but you'd need to inspect more to find out why.

Andnjord

Arcane
I get closer to the walls of the cave to examine them.
kCv2T60.png
I'm not quite sure what to make of these walls, maybe I've spent too long away from the dwarvenhomes. Molag, would you mind taking a look with me?

Mostly referencing the fact that I picked city culture while Molag took stunty culture

xerosum

Inquisitor - Sanctified Slayer
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm not quite sure what to make of these walls, maybe I've spent too long away from the dwarvenhomes. Molag, would you mind taking a look with me?

Mostly referencing the fact that I picked city culture while Molag took stunty culture

cZwSRk4.png
"Aye."
(Molag heads over to Andnjord and holds the torch close to the wall to take a look.)
(What does he see?)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist

cZwSRk4.png
"Aye."
(Molag heads over to Andnjord and holds the torch close to the wall to take a look.)
(What does he see?)
kCv2T60.png

The walls, about three feet into the cave, have a sharp break into nicely smoothed and tiled surfaces. You can see the beginning of a Mosaic tapering off into the darkness. This is fine polished marble, in direct countenance to the random midden scattered outside.

Andnjord

Arcane
The walls, about three feet into the cave, have a sharp break into nicely smoothed and tiled surfaces. You can see the beginning of a Mosaic tapering off into the darkness. This is fine polished marble, in direct countenance to the random midden scattered outside.
What can I make out of the mosaics? Am I able to decipher any of their meaning?

xerosum

Patron
Strap Yourselves In

(Molag moves the light to reveal more of the Mosaic)

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
What can I make out of the mosaics? Am I able to decipher any of their meaning?

(Molag moves the light to reveal more of the Mosaic)

As you reveal more and more of the mosaic, it is clear that it is likely a room-spanning tapestry wrought out of small tiles. Various heroic looking figures stand above scenes of grisly carnage and untold human misery. Slaves weep under the boot and lash of a heavily armored man. A man, head cocked to one side, dances naked with a fiddle while two faceless armies butcher one another. A man pours liquid into a river that trails off into a town. A woman whispers into the ear of a man stabbing another woman in the chest, a smile on his lips. There are many more images.

Look at these two characters, unimpressed.

The Dwarves are very engrossed in the wall. You hear a shuffling sound coming from the piles of junk behind you.

Andnjord

Arcane
As you reveal more and more of the mosaic, it is clear that it is likely a room-spanning tapestry wrought out of small tiles. Various heroic looking figures stand above scenes of grisly carnage and untold human misery. Slaves weep under the boot and lash of a heavily armored man. A man, head cocked to one side, dances naked with a fiddle while two faceless armies butcher one another. A man pours liquid into a river that trails off into a town. A woman whispers into the ear of a man stabbing another woman in the chest, a smile on his lips. There are many more images.
kCv2T60.png
Fascinating! That has to be from the XIIth dynasty, isn't it? No wait, it can't...Maybe the XVI? Look, the way the woman is depicted, how her face is drawn, typical of that time, right?...

Andnjord is completely engrossed into the mosaic, momentarily oblivious of the world around him. Are the events depicted on the mosaics related to any historical or mythical event he knows of? Is he able to figure out the time and/or culture it is from? Is it normal for it to be there?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
AdeptPortrait.jpg
Do you see an useful information? Something that would explain what the cave is?

Ben stays next to Molag, since he's the one with a torch

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
kCv2T60.png
Fascinating! That has to be from the XIIth dynasty, isn't it? No wait, it can't...Maybe the XVI? Look, the way the woman is depicted, how her face is drawn, typical of that time, right?...

Andnjord is completely engrossed into the mosaic, momentarily oblivious of the world around him. Are the events depicted on the mosaics related to any historical or mythical event he knows of? Is he able to figure out the time and/or culture it is from? Is it normal for it to be there?

The drawings seem relatively recent. You're not entirely sure, but you think you've heard of events similar to the ones depicted here and there. Please provide a skill roll to wrack your brain re: recent history.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
You aggresively bloviate and misinterpret everything, mistaking myth for a Penny Dreadful's nonsense.

xerosum

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You aggresively bloviate and misinterpret everything, mistaking myth for a Penny Dreadful's nonsense.

Please provide a skill roll to wrack your brain re: recent history.

Ah yes...I think I can remember most of it... Gather round friends, for this is a fachinating story if I'm correct...

cZwSRk4.png

(Molag nod's occasionally to show acknowledgment and understanding as Andnjord's explains the images)

xerosum

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
cZwSRk4.png

(Once Molag believes he's got the gist of the story he speaks up to press onward.)

"Aye! Fascinating story Lad. Very good indeed.. but what do you boys say we see what the rest of this here cave has to offer in the way of ingredients! or treasures if you're more into that sort of thing... Maybe we'll even stumble on some clues as to what happened to the others who came looking for the unique ingredients that Castle Dusk had to offer!"

(Molag begins to follow the wall to the right and look for the first opening leading to next room, hall, or path he can find.)

(For whatever reason, he's under the impression that there are some rare ingredients that only the previous inhabitants of Castle Dusk either had or knew how to produce... he's not even sure where he obtained this information, but he's stubbornly persistent that it's correct!)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
The Cave is very small. You're able to circumnavigate around and be back at the other side of the cave mouth easily. Only the center, near where the midden heaps are is unexplored. Your lich friend is standing there while the ground appears to be moving.

xerosum

Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Cave is very small. You're able to circumnavigate around and be back at the other side of the cave mouth easily. Only the center, near where the midden heaps are is unexplored. Your lich friend is standing there while the ground appears to be moving.

8lke4LO.png

(Molag alerts his newly made acquaintances to the moving floor)

(Stern, but collected)

"Boys... The floors a movin..."

(He readies Tumbler just in case..)

6dBZLzf.png

Andnjord

Arcane
(Molag alerts his newly made acquaintances to the moving floor)
I throw the heaviest rock that I can find lying around onto the moving floor.

(I have a strenght of 14, so it can be a pretty hefty rock if there's one around)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom