Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thank you, Codex.

I just wanted to thank all the bitter people here at the Codex. I've been reading here for a few weeks, following the Oblivion threads, since I am a TES fan. I can tell you very confidantly that if not for reading you guys ripping Oblivion a new one almost constantly, I would have too high expectations for the game. I'm sure that now I won't be disappointed.

Please note that I'm still looking forward to the game; I judge based on different criteria than most of the people who post here. But it's still healthy for me to hear the opposing side so that I don't expect the perfect game.

Mech

Cipher
Hahahhaha. Best post ever, for a number of reasons! :D

voodoo1man

Liturgist
In a way, it is nice to know that all the vitriol and bile distilled from years of depression and disappointment of all of our wasted lives has helped at least one person gain a reasonable perspective on a goddamn videogame.

Oh well, back to the bottle I go... :cry:

obediah

Erudite
I wish someone could lower my expectations enough that DS2 was worth playing.

Spazmo

Erudite
And if we can't do either, well, no problem. We'll just post another worthless thread about Oblivion!

Jed

Cipher
Oh, fnord, you've once again put the entire site in its place with your witty repartee.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if there's anything more pathetic than bitching about videogames, it's bitching about people bitching about videogames.

Frown on, dear fnord.

Pr()ZaC

Scholar
"Believe it or not, George isn't at home, please leave a message at the beep..."

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
fnordcircle said:
but crossbows
... and Blunt Weapons and horseback combat and "more linearity" and AI and a compass that points to the AI so you can find it.

Athame

Novice
Mech said:
Hahahhaha. Best post ever, for a number of reasons!

Mech, as in fanboy Mech of Canada from ESF? Lol, they'll just let anyone post here, won't they? :D

Make no mistake. If you're expecting Oblivion to be a real RPG, it's sure to disappoint.

If however, you're expecting an 'action RPG' with a dumbed down skill and character development system and visceral FPS style kombat, you'll get your money's worth. ;)

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
It's true.

Without the Codex who would burst everyone's bubble, created by hype, before it was too late? :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom