Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

That one super autistic space flight simulator?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't seem to find what it was called. The one usually posted on here as an example of autism in its purest form. You have to know what materials everything has to be made of and to calculate speeds, trajectories, and what not. What was its name?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks. Even if it isn't the one I'm thinking of (I honestly don't know), it's autistic enough.

That one super autistic space flight simulator?

mass effect andromeda?

cd6.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
I can't seem to find what it was called. The one usually posted on here as an example of autism in its purest form. You have to know what materials everything has to be made of and to calculate speeds, trajectories, and what not. What was its name?
Definitely Children of a Dead Earth:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/children-of-a-dead-earth.111131/
That's the game where you can decide to, for example, design a coilgun for your warship with zirconium copper solenoid and biaxially oriented polypropelene capacitor, firing nickel-iron-molybdenum slugs, then, after specifying caliber, capacitor dimensions and dielectric gap, slug mass and thickness and number of windings for your gun's solenoid the game helpfully informs you that your gun will not work because it will blow its barrel due to thermal expansion on first shot.
:love:
Then you fix it and the game tells you that now the barrel will get bent from beam deflection.
:troll:
Though it's not all the menus, because there is also a fair amount of shooting and shit blowing up.
And cursing orbital physics Tourette's fucking style.
And tens of missiles large nuke swarms to saturate enemy point defence.

Atrachasis

Augur
There's an even older Space Shuttle sim by Spectrum Holobyte (the folks who made Falcon), also called "Orbiter", which was obsessive enough to make you manually key in program numbers on your flight computer, watch your orbital parameters during burns and so on. Very rudimentary graphics, barely anything other than a screenful of buttons. Unironically fun!

The Evochron series might also rank fairly high up the autism scale, though I've never tried it myself, and others might be more qualified to give an assessment. But probably not what the OP meant.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
29683-space-shuttle-a-journey-into-space-atari-2600-front-cover.jpg

This game is harder than any game made today.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom