Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The 1,000+ club

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
xfSPfDJ.png

:dealwithit:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
somehow I have over 1000 hours in dota 2, but I think it's just because I used to leave the game open all day even when I wasn't playing.. actual time is probably like 700 hours which is still terrifying and depressing :/

no other games come anywhere near 1000 hours, thank god

Funposter

Arcane
305 Steam hours for Morrowind, combined with maybe 500 hours pre-Steam is the closest I've got. Halo 3 is probably next after that, and that's a little over 500 hours taking into account the 494 recorded by Halo Waypoint and the time I spent playing campaign without Xbox Live. I think I also have something like 500 hours in Skyrim across the 360, Steam LE and SE versions of the game, but around half of that is purely from modding/mod-testing. I think I had 100 hours in the Steam version at one point without having a playthrough last longer than Level 15. After those three, I don't think anything else comes up past 250 hours, at least not anything I can confirm.

Alphons

Cipher
Thief 2- after entire summer of playing FMs I slowed down, but I still play couple of them every couple weeks/months. At least 900 hours.

Fallout NV- between different playthroughs, TTW and mods I've got 1051 hours on Steam (so around 900 without the time my dad and brother added).

1000+:
Guild Wars - at least 5,016 hours. Probably more, that's just off an old screenshot. 6,903 hours on one account, 6,934 hours on the other. Some overlap due to having them running simultaneously at times, but probably in excess of 10k overall.
Victoria 2 - 1,972 hours.
TF2 - 2,114 hours.
Elite: Dangerous - almost certainly in excess of 1000 hours. 413 recorded on Steam, but I believe most of my playtime was before adding it to Steam. It's probably documented ingame but I'm not reinstalling to check.

Honourable mentions:
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - 840 hours.
Verdun - 811 hours.
Europa Universalis IV - 609 hours.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Thief 2- after entire summer of playing FMs I slowed down, but I still play couple of them every couple weeks/months. At least 900 hours.

How did you squeeze 900 hours of playtime from Thief 2?

Alphons

Cipher

How did you squeeze 900 hours of playtime from Thief 2?

I was playing each FM on every difficulty level and collecting all loot and then comparing the differences. I finally got burned out with it 2 years ago and now I play less autistically. I have spent around 700 hours doing this (I probably still have my loot spreadsheets in Excel somewhere).

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
According to Steam:

I have one game in the 4000+ hour range.
One game over 1100 hours.
Two games with between 500-600 hours.
Other titles way lower.

Do share plz :D

Yes, I'm curious, too.

4000+ hours is TF2. I haven't touched it since 2016, and I'm not going back there.
1100+ hours is Terraria, though some hours are missing from when I play it via GOG. Expect that to rise in the future.
The other two I won't mention as they're multiplayer titles.

As for non-Steam games, I guess Doom is easily 2000+ hours, Thief 1/2 around 700+/2200+ hours respectively and Star Control 2 probably racking up close to 500 hours.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
1000+:
Victoria 2 - 1,972 hours.

Honourable mentions:
Europa Universalis IV - 609 hours.
5dZ9AwP.png

Cheers, my fellow map painting connoisseur. Though I must admit that I do not share your fondness for the intricacies of liquor commercialization on an industrial scale.
I beat you. 1804 hours with CKII. Fucking game tormented me through undergrad. I'm a fucking idiot because I was letting my grades slip playing that fucking game non-stop instead of studying.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
There was no time measure recording available back in the day, but BG1&2, Fallout 1&2 and Morrowind likely have more than a year of ingame time. Early consoles are likely just as silly numbers. Counterstrike, Brood war and Dota as well.
It's a miracle any of us know how to do anything else.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I don't think I've ever spent that much time on any game in my life. At least not since we've had Steam to track stuff like that. I maybe have that much time in Everquest but that's about it. My most played game on Steam is Civilization V at 359 hours. My second most played game on Steam is Street Fighter V with 205 hours. Fire Emblem Three Houses is probably my most played console game. Close to 200 hours on my save now.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
F50XIej.jpg

Arma 2 and 3 are both well over a thousand hours as I didn't always launch them through steam. Plus I did a lot of editing in them.

Three other games over a thousand would be Quake 3, Enemy Territory and RtCW MP. Plus Original DayZ mod with Arma 2.

And Sword Coast Legends? I played about an hour co-op online with friends, I couldn't get into it. I did try to make a dungeon using their literally ass-backwards editor. Never got it done for all that time invested.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Over 4000 hours in a certain mud.
2500hrs in Guild Wars 1.

That'd be another degree, but time well spent!

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Only path of exile stands at 1200, my next most played are red orchestra and rising storm at 500h, I prob have other such as europa universalis and x series but don't have stats for those.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
1000+ hours in Path of Exile
600+ hours in Wizardry 8
400+ hours in DCSS

Sadly I haven't got actual proof of any of the above as I didn't play those games on steam for the whole time.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Civilization V due to its replayability and mods - and the excellent top-down steategic map like in Civ 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom