Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The 1,000+ club

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
So far only GTA Online with 1133 hours :lol:

Much of that was running it overnight to farm GTA$ though.

HAU6uXx.jpg

Humanophage

Arcane
I didn't play that many games on Steam. Documented:
Victoria 2 - 426 hrs (somewhat more because I played it prior to steam)
Crusader Kings 2 - 418 hrs
Battle Brothers - 96 hrs
Star Traders: Frontiers - 91 hrs (often idle)
Thea 2 - 89 hrs
Thea 1 - 86 hrs
ATOM RPG - 77 hrs
Mount and Blade - 76 hrs
X-Com: Enemy Unknown - 75 hrs (probably more because I recall launching it separately)
Dominions 4 - 72 hrs

I'd imagine that among other recently played games, I spent about this much:
Elder Scrolls Online - possibly over 600, not sure
Civilization 4 or mods - over 200
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - over 100
Underrail - not sure, probably over 100

I must say that it is depressing how time-consuming strategies are compared to RPGs. For example, I thoroughly enjoyed ATOM and Risen, but did not spend that much time on them. Risen didn't even make it to the top-10 even though I remember playing it a lot and being quite immersed in it, but it's only a modest 57. I am especially upset about Star Traders because it didn't feel like I played so much, but it's actually even more than Thea 2 and significantly more than ATOM.

Also it seems things are getting worse lately, or perhaps I stopped turning games off so the hours are ticking (I really hope it's that).

It is almost tear-inducing that you can listen to a good classic audiobook in 15-20 hours, and you'd feel more relaxed in addition to getting a lot more benefit. My justification is that some variety doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom