Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

I'll bet it's still 10x better than whatever twist they will actually do. Alternatively, it may be an entirely irrelevant shooting spree with no real significance story-wise. Given that BS:I was both of these, I'm wondering which they will expand on.

Diablo169

Arcane
They create an entirely new setting a floating city in the sky.... and the first chance they get to do DLC they go back to the previous games setting. And people are masturbating furiously over the nostalgia.

Bleh.

They released some DLC today, Clash in the Clouds. Apparently it's an horde mode. :lol:

This first add-on pack puts an intense focus on BioShock Infinite® combat. Combine weapons, Vigors, Gear, Tears and Sky-Lines in ways you never thought possible as you square off against impossible odds. This pack features 60 challenges in 4 brand-new maps. Complete Blue Ribbon Challenges and unlock concept art, Voxophones, Kinetoscopes, and more in The Columbian Archeological Society.

edit: oh god, I thought "Burial at Sea" was a parody. :lol:

Now we'll learn that Rapture went wrong because one retarded "detective" killed the entire population of the city on a murderous spree...

The detective you play later becomes Atlas/Fontaine.

I asked a bro and apparently the mark on his hand ("AD") means the "detective" is just Booker.

Athelas

Arcane
So who of you actually tried to throw the rotten fruit at the black people in the beginning of the game?:kfc:

Also, anyone notice a pattern?

Gaming community (journalists and fans alike): 'Oh my god, Bioshock: Infinite is so Deep and Mature, it's like the Citizen Kane of gaming.'

-two months later-

Gaming community (journalists and fans alike):' Oh my god, The Last of Us is so Deep and Mature, it's like the Citizen Kane of gaming.'

ColCol

Arcane
So who of you actually tried to throw the rotten fruit at the black people in the beginning of the game?:kfc:

Also, anyone notice a pattern?

Gaming community (journalists and fans alike): 'Oh my god, Bioshock: Infinite is so Deep and Mature, it's like the Citizen Kane of gaming.'

-two months later-

Gaming community (journalists and fans alike):' Oh my god, The Last of Us is so Deep and Mature, it's like the Citizen Kane of gaming.'

It will come full circle when someone creates a Citizen Kane game that will be considered the Battlefield Earth of gaming.

They released some DLC today, Clash in the Clouds. Apparently it's an horde mode. :lol:

This first add-on pack puts an intense focus on BioShock Infinite® combat. Combine weapons, Vigors, Gear, Tears and Sky-Lines in ways you never thought possible as you square off against impossible odds. This pack features 60 challenges in 4 brand-new maps. Complete Blue Ribbon Challenges and unlock concept art, Voxophones, Kinetoscopes, and more in The Columbian Archeological Society.

Now we'll learn that Rapture went wrong because one retarded "detective" killed the entire population of the city on a murderous spree...

I asked a bro and apparently the mark on his hand ("AD") means the "detective" is just Booker.

But there are infinite timelines and therefore infinitely many potential Bookers that can turn into anyone. For all we know every male in the game is Booker and every female is sex-changed Booker.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

It's an alternate timeline where Booker becomes Atlas, just without the Irish accent.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Andrew Ryan could be Booker from another dimension as well.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Why do they try to play up the sex appeal of Elizabeth for their intended male audience even though anyone who buys and plays this DLC knows she's Booker's daughter? Wait, maybe that's the point... fuck, my braindntrdhfdh xcgbcbv fsfg

Why do they try to play up the sex appeal of Elizabeth for their intended male audience even though anyone who buys and plays this DLC knows she's Booker's daughter? Wait, maybe that's the point... fuck, my braindntrdhfdh xcgbcbv fsfg

Because while people like to talk about LARPing as the main character in reality no one actually gives a fuck and wants to look at the tatas

Psquit

Arcane
Then they will release a dlc full of bioshock memes and fanservice like "Booker catch TEHEHE", if it works for biowaru...

ColCol

Arcane
Then they will release a dlc full of bioshock memes and fanservice like "Booker catch TEHEHE", if it works for biowaru...

They should create a dlc where Booker and Elizabeth fix other games that fan boys complain about. This ranges from fixing the ending of Mass effect to getting romance into Torment Numenera.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Nope.
None of it will be standalone.
Not only that, but to own the next DLC, you must have the previous DLC + previous DLC + game, etc.
One big fucking scam.
What are the odds the DLC is about 3-4 hours of actual gameplay?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom