Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The adventures of Asshat the Warrior. Let's play Swords and Serpents for the NES!

So, it's been a lot of time since I updated this last, but I have been way too busy with other things to play this piece of crap of a game. I have lots of material now though so I'll at least post what I have so far, probably split into at least two parts since it's a lot of images. After that, we'll see if I have the time to finish the last levels. Screenshotting software in for windows seems kind of crappy. I always liked how Knapshot in the KDE environment could take a screenshot quick as hell and number it for you so you didn't go overwrite your saves. Gotta find something for windows if I'm gonna continue this that doesn't take ages to take screens with.

So, let's start. We are at the temple. We go out and get on about our business in the dungeon.
1XzfK.png

We go around, fighting the same dull enemies as always. There are seriously almost no new enemies in this game, just a bunch of recolors.
dIPvs.png

x2JGF.png

We find a stairway.
Nm6kd.png

and a zoom tube.
zbPnr.png

And more enemies.
l6anc.png

Ok, from now on I'm gonna skip the battle shots unless they are spectacular. It's not like anyone reading this hasn't seen all the enemies already.

We passwall into the next room. After some walking around and further passwalling into a bunch of uninteresting places, we find a door.
XhGNF.png

1iRoF.png

We also fight some recolors, but they aren't interesting.

We continue exploring. We find a spell, which is our main reason to stick around this level.
tqWUY.png

KySMW.png

Oh yeah, we keep killing recolors. We get experience from them, and that's kinda nice.
zS6yN.png

And we meet this guy.
ENbxi.png

He tries to explain that the corridors here are infinite, so that if you go out from the map in one direction you wind up at the other end. Not so spectacular on this level, but just you wait till we get to the most retarded level in the game, where half the shots is just me being lost.

We continue. Passwall is used to navigate quite regularily in the second half of the game so don't expect me to mention it every time it is used.
FOneD.png

ihBfj.png

soA0u.png

Exploration goes on and we are almost done with this level.
XmqJl.png

WBwjL.png

We hit the stairway.
PNgqe.png

rIbvc.png

I9yOQ.png

But we want to find out what's in those other places.
zKWdb.png

Another stairway.
Yb2OQ.png

And yet another one
JUBw5.png

RN1BS.png

We take a look at this one too.
fc7Dp.png

And it contains lots of snakes.
6Pwq5.png

We aren't in good condition, so this fight was really hard, but we wear them down and kill them.
AZULo.png

CRvBP.png

WYzzS.png

And get shit rewards. You know what? In case you didn't already realize this from watching my other LP posts, this game sucks. A lot.
w09iR.png

We hit the temple which is just around the corner. Then we taake a look at our progress so far.
Nybdg.png

And we take tha stairs up to clear out some unfinished business before we go down. Here's a short recap:

We go find a shield.
E1e69.png

ABcvg.png

tKlJB.png

8Z8XV.png

Zj0HS.png

yaq7c.png

WZn5F.png

icUs8.png

hrjjC.png

We level up.
0q2Hj.png

xIYZz.png

hFdZW.png

CWWIA.png

ofhFE.png

We see this place on level 1 and passwall! Well, passwalling around on earlier levels is actually most of what we did...
IGyvo.png

It leads us to a very convenient place, since the room behind contains a teleporter.
njFJF.png

We go out.
3HYhc.png

Ok. We look around. We find new recolors, this time of ghosts.
Ujkv7.png

Oooh.
JzDVg.png

And then ... Shit. Fucking mage recolors.
rmxTR.png

However, they aren't quite as bad as I had feared. They go down pretty quick. Thei'r all-party attacks still hurt however.
m0Rcq.png

aM8JC.png

There's no way out of here so we passwall.
VjsAL.png

And we stumble upon the holy grail of spell point conservation.
9khZD.png

No way out of here either so we passwal again.
CgiLx.png

This place contains a door. We explore our surroundings first, however, and find more goodies. Also, we take a look at the ruby ring and see it is not worthless. We equip the ring like a true codexer would. We also equip our new shield.
NOpkX.png

CGuht.png

jj1hq.png

Lymsd.png

VhZd9.png

Other mage recolors are spotted, but these are much weaker.
N6WiR.png

We continue
GceUF.png

Ok.

BNnJM.png

We do not want to leave the level just yet. We passwall instead. We are greeted by something big and empty.
o4av7.png

Hwjrh.png

The floor is covered with traps. We use flight to traverse them.
HFT3M.png

hGhqm.png

dmsez.png

Attack spells in this game are generally pretty damn shitty. What you should do is save the mana for heals.

We keep exploring, using up a few passwalls.
olFcN.png

4WYnP.png

The sword's good.
icn24.png

2ZtqV.png

xARBJ.png

I don't remember who got it at this point. I assume Asshat. We keep going anyways. We get something else.
mGkOc.png

iP5yA.png

ZS17H.png

IplZY.png

QhqoQ.png

VbveY.png

It is now trying to explain to me what to do when I at some point run into walls I can't passwall. Yeah, some walls caan't be passwalled and it's completely arbitrary. We find a key anyways, and then we keep going.
qcXJ0.png

Here this guy tells me to use flight to avoid traps. This game has to explain everything to you, apparently.
Vkk2Z.png

We wrap up the exploration and hit the stairway.
UyXPF.png

And, we arrive at level 7.
Vi0u8.png

jgs2K.png

We fight more recolors and just generally keep going
T7KtL.png

gJQRN.png

This spell also seems really shitty.We gett better armor though.
nQ7mj.png

weIze.png

1O5ZZ.png

Qxang.png

UjGPM.png

We keep going. We get more treasure. Worthless though.
LpEKE.png

Uwkpf.png

3nqLw.png

We find a zoom tube. Not gonna take it though.
olHE3.png

bOcEq.png

This is kind of nice, if redundant. We have more gold already than we are ever gonna use.
Nptrk.png

We get some better stuff though.
15JY1.png

FssBq.png

Bc8KA.png

More messages.
XOlsN.png

Passwall tiem.
0pBkv.png

It was sort of worthless.
hNIXf.png

We go down. And in doing so we make it to one of the most retarded levels in gaming history.
7iE9x.png

j7hOT.png

35aWc.png

lK5hU.png

Ok. Let me explain what makes this level so stupid before I end the post. I'm not including it in this update since most of my shots from it are shit and I have to look through them properly to even be able to make something out of it. The reason, however for this level's stupidity is that like 80% at least of the walls in it are invisible. Coupled with that, the minimap also cant see them as walls and the levvel is open in all direction, and loops in all directions. It's just an immense clusterfuck, but you will see it next update, if I ever make it.

See you next time.

Man, just noticed a lot of these have the linux UI in them. That's not supposed to happen. Oh well. no harm done I guess.

Well, hello again. I'm unsure if I'll continue with this or if anyone even cares but I thought I should at least update with the stuff I have already uploaded. The shots from this level are all crap but we'll have to make do. First we fight mobs.
sRCtD.png

These new mobs pack a punch but go down eventually.

Then, we level up to level 9.
0HPzq.png

Wizards on this level, but they are easy.
c95o8.png

Also, red goblin reskins.
0sds0.png

Lots of red goblin reskins.
fJqe2.png

We step into a teleporter, this level is packed with them to make it even more confusing. That thing at the bottom of the minimap is one of the few points of reference on the entire level.
CTWZS.png

More teleporting. Never takes us anywhere we want to go.
uJTfq.png

here, we are stuck on an invisible wall.
YyUWz.png

We passwall through it. It actually works. Apparently there is a difference between diufferent walls as only some walls in this game can be passwalled.

We find something.
TiaFo.png

You're supposed to through a horseshoe at it. It gives you experience.
1TuM0.png

vzWJE.png

We're gonna level pretty soon, I think.
VExm0.png

We find this door.

nElBR.png

Ok.

8pJWz.png

Spiders.
L7o1b.png

D9QpT.png

More of them. Faggot's running low on mana.
orpOE.png

And we level up.
9NjA7.png

7utNU.png

Op1VU.png

iO1fi.png

Ep0oA.png

We get lost again.
OPFdu.png

But the mana problem is solved.
BrjYQ.png

More walking around in invisible wall hell.
7SxTH.png

rkoyO.png

Ok.

Were still pretty lost.
DCnJ7.png

wzrd0.png

5gvFl.png

More teleporting.
6geLw.png

gYvry.png

oGmte.png

Ok.
atwuG.png

Enemies inside. They're tough.
TakLf.png

XmGIi.png

We try a spell. It sucks.
cStSI.png

We'll have to slowly wear them down instead. It works.
ywwTN.png

0hVej.png

And then we run into more.
r9tGX.png

We keep exploring
6T4j7.png

We find stairs. Fuck this level. We may not have found everything here, but fuck this level to hell. We go down.
iGjfr.png

GOUDZ.png

Now, around here is where the game starts to get really hard. The enemies hit hard with all party attacks and take a lot of damage before they go down.
z5MzR.png

But these are still easy.
VheQ0.png

7ecpK.png

flPbC.png

What this guy is trying to tell me is that if you back into some tubes, they go to other places.

Thesw wizards ain't too bad on this level.
rtjN3.png

General progress:
ih9s0.png

Spiders. Easy as always.
PTN3F.png

We keep going.
jztMz.png

EknQS.png

5rKUE.png

Traps.

Now, we passwall some. Lots of teleporters here.
pOInM.png

CocoT.png

BCzYy.png

Ok.

g3LBr.png

Ok.

More passwalls.
Vm2xt.png

tFZZi.png

34CM9.png

UeFWF.png

JW7AZ.png

Now we hit the last wall. At this point I'm kind of rushing it because I want to get to the next temple so I can save/quit.

vPbJ5.png

What is he talking about? No clue. There's a teleporter.
TWurQ.png

We continue, fight some mobs and level up.
5VFy5.png

0a52G.png

2l0Vf.png

qaNR2.png

Tlc1z.png

We keep exploring. Also fighting
RDDVk.png

LYkSH.png

18yiN.png

When suddenly...
xsuNf.png

Faggot dies. Oh shit.
42NlF.png

We keep going anyways.
ZFaNs.png

yEkP6.png

XXsSb.png

Teleport tiem!
KtMby.png

aIKH3.png

Ok. Here I actually had to go check which one to pick since they all go in different directions. One goes down, one goes up and one goes forther down.
p8oqj.png

I'm supposed to back into this one.
tAk8J.png

TrWWk.png

agHIP.png

489fa.png

Had I done it differently, I could've been zoomed to level 12 or so and died horribly.
S9f71.png

And, meet the nightmare mob. These mages are hardcore fuckers who will spam all party attacks and just refuse to die.
2nnpS.png

O3PSO.png

Nice rewards though.
l7Y9K.png

Also, these goblins are surprisingly tough.
M0Led.png

As are these snakes.
XbLgg.png

And this super easy puzzle tells you how to solve it:
y4TQL.png

More snakes. I'm starting to take hits.
603Jr.png

We try another spell. It sucks.
8BUme.png

ROjp0.png

More wizards.
Kplfl.png

VVYzn.png

Back!

zL2Vf.png

Oh shit... Watch my mana run out from healing.
Iyuq8.png

wCgIR.png

9mhwy.png

fn5St.png

OJKOc.png

And forth!
lukuL.png

And forth!
lukuL.png

These mobs are also hardcore. I'm starting to fear that I won't make it to the temple at this rate.
BRlpB.png

No mana!
35Qrz.png

Taking hits!
9KSR4.png

nt0EC.png

have to get over there!

I save the game at this point.

Shit....
TBvnL.png

ioMaH.png

Better than expected.

VVYzn.png

Back!

We teleport!
p7hQG.png

Fuuuuuuuck!
xf1co.png

We try the run command. We get away aaand:

lX2Mo.png

Up to speed again.
EWz22.png

SYMrg.png

We find an armory.
LKGdB.png

We get a plus 3 sword!
3FIMJ.png

We try to level before quitting. We get some loot.
Nwvv5.png

g39iz.png

Better than
6SNyS.png

lUByF.png

After some grinding, we level up.
cAhv8.png

NPkZD.png

3nWl2.png

PEaC4.png

qUgWn.png

We save and quit. If I ever decide to complete this, see you then.
i5obb.png

lFeg8.png

jPDxw.png

wsO8C.png

ITGxE.png

Deitti

Augur
man watching this LP reminded me of my days as a kid trying to beat this game. i think i got stuck at around level 13.

this LP reminds me how retarded some of these levels could really be not to mention the password saving system caused many rages.

funny thing is, despite all of that i never really hated this game, atleast not as a kid. i wonder how it would be nowadays.

hostergaard

Educated
Just read trough the LP. Great work! Some RPG are best not played but rather observed due to the copious amount of grinding needed to progress. Thanks for doing for us!

hah, i remember i mistook the nostrils for eyes when seeing the gamebox in stores, thinking "what a ugly monster they have on the box."

only years later i noticed the red eyes in the background.
Hey, same here! I kind of tough it was a retarded cover monster. Some extremely fat low level hobgoblin boss or something? Not particularly scary.

I don't remember who got it at this point. I assume Asshat. We keep going anyways. We get something else.

If you look at the AC for the glow sword its zero compared to the AC for the +2 sword. Seeing how the AC for Sissy falls from 14 to 12 between the screenshots its likely you gave the sword to him.

Well, to sum it all up I think this is one of the worst rpgs I've ever played. Kind of makes me want to complete it though, in some perverse way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom