Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Jinn

Arcane
Ahhh. This thread really does warm my heart.

Does anyone else think that an Iron Tower Studios sub-forum should be added to General RPG Discusssion?

deuxhero

Arcane
I just fixed the mine machine and didn't get any money for it. Was it intentional to give absolutely no reward for this if the player isn't about to swear loyality?

Shin

Cipher
This game fucking rocks so far, really digging it.

Does anyone know how to rest/wait for nightfall? There's this quest in which my assassin has to infiltrate a certain outpost (at the start of the game) and..
you can choose to spike the wine and/or infiltrate as a loremaster. Now when I don't spike the wine (or have the guy in shantytown spike it) I can approach the camp and it'll give me dialog option for 'approach at night' or I can pose a loremaster. When I do spike the wine, I have no other options other then to attack from a distance/leave. I've tried putting on some expensive robes to pose as loremaster (my impersonation skill is 3 but since I don't get any dialog options that does something with this I guess this isn't what I should be doing.) Is it possible to both spike the wine and approach as loremaster?

I'm currently running about town trying to find a non-combat option. Love the fact that you can simply move through the city map without having to run everywhere. Oh, and is it possible to attack with dual weapons?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
This game fucking rocks so far, really digging it.

Does anyone know how to rest/wait for nightfall? There's this quest in which my assassin has to infiltrate a certain outpost (at the start of the game) and..
you can choose to spike the wine and/or infiltrate as a loremaster. Now when I don't spike the wine (or have the guy in shantytown spike it) I can approach the camp and it'll give me dialog option for 'approach at night' or I can pose a loremaster. When I do spike the wine, I have no other options other then to attack from a distance/leave. I've tried putting on some expensive robes to pose as loremaster (my impersonation skill is 3 but since I don't get any dialog options that does something with this I guess this isn't what I should be doing.) Is it possible to both spike the wine and approach as loremaster?

I'm currently running about town trying to find a non-combat option. Love the fact that you can simply move through the city map without having to run everywhere. Oh, and is it possible to attack with dual weapons?

When the mine is poisoned, the other options are disabled. They are more alert and expecting an attack. You can't attack with two weapons at the same time.

deuxhero

Arcane
I went there, gathered some plants (I think I at least attempted to) but didn't trigger the talking (actually I went up then realized I couldn't do anything with my current skills and loaded the autosave), went to the bandit camp, talked to them and looked around, went back to Dellar, gave him lots of details via perception check allowing him to kill them all without causalities.

After showing the map to the guy I went back to the mine and asked for work (because fuck any grand adventures, I'm just a loremaster who wants some money)

Old Thunder

Novice
A prestigious 1-star review on GoG:
Every bad RPG game mechanic ever AiO

What the title says. Seriously, take everything you ever hated about IE/2.5D/isometric era RPG games and combine them all into one place.Which is a real pity too, since the world that has been crafted and the lore is top-notch. Think of it as Age of Empires meets Fallout. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. So why the one star? All of course, obscured under the most horrifying game design choices, mechanics and philosophies that the entire industry (including Obsidian, inXile, and Larian, the current masters of cRPG) abandoned as obsolete and outdated, and made every point and pain to avoid.This is one world I hope is acquired by Obsidian or inXile so that it can grow as a proper franchise and game series. That's the highest complement I can give this game. That someone save it from its own developer and his cult of "fans".For now, if you want your fix of cRPG post-apocalyptic goodiness, I suggest you fire up Arcanum for another spin or wait for inXile's Torment to come out.

Christ, Bethesda's spies are everywhere.

Looking forward since 2010 at downloading this one.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
oh, cool. I bought Early Access forever ago. should I wait for a bit for patches on critical bugs, or is the dev/are the players confident it's in a good state already? probably finish Wasteland 2 before I start it, but I suppose it's next in the docket.

Dyskolos

Cipher
Metacritic is either behind or in on the joke

14n094p.jpg

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Kudos and congratulations to VD. IIRC, you quit your job in order to work on this full time. For that alone, I hope for this game to have the greatest success. A shining light to all us armchair critics, and proof that you can call everyone else's cake shit, then bake a better one yourself. :P

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Just crossed into Thursday here.

Day 1 Purchase and hopefully many more great RPG's from Irontower to come.

:salute:

Fireblade

Erudite
Grats, been following the game since before I ever registered on the Codex and pre-ordered years ago the instant it became an option. Hard to believe the day is here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom