Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
You should get a widescreen monitor for game development, bro. To say they are widespread is an understatement.
I know, but I'm oldschool as fuck. Also, I like having a lot of physical vertical space for code, don't care much for pixels and resolutions.
I'll probably get a widescreen one for colony ship game and UE4, though, all this newfag tech is taking over :argh:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Why is shadowrun review thread pinned but this thread is not?
gee maybe cuz dis thread is not kodex kontent
But it is. Vault Dweller is as codex content as they come.

BTW, with dedication to you Darth Roxor Wielder of the Huegpenis:

083743678CAA4F5A682552F55EB0547B7AFF0982

Kalasanty11

Learned
So, if there is a skill check that presents you two skills demands (eg streetwise and trade), what does it mean? That you need some points in both? Or only one of them?

Korben

Novice
First flippin post. Boooyahh. I found this here forum by recently trolling anything I could about AoD. After reading a few of these threads, I just deeply felt that I had to sign up. I wish I'd of been here earlier in life, but that is all in the past and I will not dwell on it. Now, this game........Fuck yeah. I feel giddy like when I was reading choose your own adventure books as a kid. Actions have all the consequences, as they should. Stats that make sense to me. I am playing a loremaster and mercenary at the same damn time and it's great to see two sides of the same story at once, I cannot wait to play through every class. I made sure to hit up steam and give them my two cents on the thumbs up side of things. Cool, look forward to posting more stuff and playing more stuff.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
:rage: :rage: :rage:

after muh guilda de assassino gets attacked by the four imperial gourdsmen, I manage to finally kite the fuckers enough to make them all mob based fulvio and leave me alone (1 hp remaining)

fulvio acts as an excellent bait and tank while i pepper them with shots

eventually there's only one gourdsman left, seriously wounded

game crashes

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(also allow me not to comment on the fact that the fight forces me to start with a crossbow despite me having 5 in bow and 1 in crossbow)

tumblr_me6oayA9Em1r96x1xo1_400.png

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm a shitty player, so we'll see if I will survive anything with this:
20151015_183631.jpg

Oh, and of course I died in the training... a couple of times... like, a LOT! :?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Okay so here's a legit question that upsets me a lot.

How the hell, after 3469873496 demos, previews, re-previews, early accesses and whatever the fuck, does this game still have something like shoving a weapon you can't use into your hands before combat starts? It's already silly as hell that in those assassino vignettes I keep using a crossbow I neither have nor can use, but the moment I have to waste 4 AP at the start of a fight just to switch to my regular goddamn weapon, well, that's no longer silly, it's just idiotic as shit.

So, if there is a skill check that presents you two skills demands (eg streetwise and trade), what does it mean? That you need some points in both? Or only one of them?

combination of points in both, but there is usually a minimum requirement for each eg. if the total required is 8 you won't pass with 7 in one skill and 1 in the other

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Oh I died too my first time, as I was was spreading my skills out way too much, and then I made a much more combat focused characters and SLAYED ALL.

I was trying different skill and equipment combinations, until I managed to make a good dagger, critical strike and shield guy in the tutorial. My actual character in my first game playthrough is different and much worse in combat. He'll probably die soon and I'll make another with what I'll have learned.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
I am happy to report that the game has been received well in Russia and there is a civilized discussion about it on 2chan (analog of 4chan). Civilized there is rare. Also, a few friends of mine bought it on my recommendation after I told them the story of development and about importance of supporting hardcore old school games. Other few bought it after finding out that Russian translation is in the works. All in all, glad to see AoD in top sellers list on Steam! It was even on #10 spot earlier this morning! Now hoping for a bit more press and youtubers to give it bigger boost!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I was trying different skill and equipment combinations, until I managed to make a good dagger, critical strike and shield guy in the tutorial. My actual character in my first game playthrough is different and much worse in combat. He'll probably die soon and I'll make another with what I'll have learned.

I assume you have not played this before? And I think your current build is a bit too much spread out. You might want to try an all talky Merchant run through, or possibly an all combat Mercenary. Pulling off a fighter/talker hybrid would probably be better once you understand the basics of the combat or a talky walkthrough. Though ultimately, experimenting and trying different stuff is also fun (And that is what a GOOD RPG does).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom