Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Ladonna

Arcane
Wow...so its finished? I was waiting for the inevitable engine change. Guess nobody bitched about the graphics this time then.

Better go and buy it now. Congratulations.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm that's weird,
I once could offer the Outpost to be a Loremaster etc., but now all these options are gone, even when I reload an earlier savegame.
Jesus, please let there be a peaceful solution! If I have to fight, I'm fucked!
[Edit]Ah okay, seems only to work at first visit.[/Edit]
PS: Anybody knows where exactly Irenaeus got his fancy black robe from?

as any critical thing must have already been caught by now.
Well, it's crashing really often for me. :(

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
My To Play list will last me another year or so, still bought this to support the incline.

Congrats with the release of the game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
"I vote for Darth Roxor to do a review as it seems he's the only one that always make edgy reviews and is predisposed to think like me, even though he doesn’t know shit about the game."

Fixed for accuracy.
- Lurker King, 2015 A.D.

For a valuable review for AoD and not a continuation of this circle-jerking, someone who nearly knows nothing about the game but is not
a retarded brown noser is required.
And even if Roxor's PoE review had little in common with diplomacy and butthurt some Obsidian employees with it's frankness, it hit the nail on its head on several major issues with what is wrong with that game, issues that some :obviously: people around here were not even able to articulate.
And when dipshits newfags like Lurker King are only able to see the "edginess" in that, then you realize that the Codex in fact is decline despite the new exposure it receives.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
- Lurker King, 2015 A.D.

For a valuable review for AoD and not a continuation of this circle-jerking, someone who nearly knows nothing about the game but is not
And even if Roxor's PoE review had little in common with diplomacy and butthurt some Obsidian employees with it's frankness, it hit the nail on its head on several major issues with what is wrong with that game, issues that some :obviously: people around here were not even able to articulate.
And when dipshits newfags like Lurker King are only able to see the "edginess" in that, then you realize that the Codex in fact in decline despite the new exposure it receives.
How can you trust the integrity of someone with less than 10000 posts on ITS forums. Not nearly enough emotional investment.

Castanova

Prophet
Congrats VD. I reminded Blue at BluesNews to post about it.

Not my usual type of game but I'll probably try it out if it ever goes on a bigger discount.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
- Lurker King, 2015 A.D.

And when dipshits newfags like Lurker King are only able to see the "edginess" in that, then you realize that the Codex in fact in decline despite the new exposure it receives.

Hahahahah butthurt achievement unlocked!

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Ok, I’m tired of people saying retarded and irrelevant drivel about this game. Let’s talk about something that matters: who are the best sex partners in Age of Decadence? Spoilers ahead!

Lady Camilla
Camilla.jpg

Ok, she is a credulous old widow, but there's many a good tune played on an old fiddle. Besides, she is a noble, live near the palace and her character model suggest that she has nice tities. 10/10 Marriage material.

Lady Lorenza Calani of House Calani
lorenza.png

Hot, sophisticated and with noble blood. Word on the street is that all her five husbands died in unfortunate accidents in suspicious circumstances. Sounds great for one night stand if you take the proper precautions, such as carrying your knife and an antidote.

Anonymous killers hired by Lorenza
6664.jpg

Deadly with daggers, they have a body in shape. And there are five of them! It is practically a harem.

Livia
livia.png

My adorable pickpocket. Pretty and cunny, but too young. Sounds great for one night stand, though.

Darista – Assassins Guild master at Maadoran
darista.png

Tough killer with scars and everything, controls the Assassin Guild with iron first. Hmm…10/10 marriage material

Lola – Levir’s loremaster
iola.png

She is hot, mysterious and knowledgeable. I don’t know about you, but I appreciate women that read books and shit. 10/10 Marriage material

Azra, from Inferiae
azra.png

Old, but knowledgeable and trustworthy. She can even prepare acid vials and shit. 10/10 marriage material.

Claudia

claudia.png

Tough bitch. Works for Hector, the commie. Rough woman always give me the hard-on. Sounds great for one night stand.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
I tried to rape Livia and her two lowlife friends for stealing my money but ended up dead. Worst romance ever.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
How about using some spoilers, newfag? Btw, do you know there is a whole forum where you can post a new thread about this subject?

I tried to rape Livia and her two lowlife friends for stealing my money but ended up dead. Worst romance ever.

Once Annita Kardashian, Brianna Wy and Wang Qian hear this about AoD, the game will be a serious contender for the #AntiGG GOTY awards along with Depression Quest 2: electric bugaloo

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
How about using some spoilers, newfag? Btw, do you know there is a whole forum where you can post a new thread about this subject?

Fair enough, but I warned about the spoilers. I won't make a thread about this, don't be ridiculous.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Please Vault Dweller don't forget to add in the next build the cedit for the musicians, as their job is awesomme too (specially the main theme), and I'm really thinking about making a 7" format

tindrli

Arcane
i just want to congratulate a whole team!!! im glad that you bros managed to pull it out and truly hope that the sales will be good

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

likaq

Arcane
Vince said:
I've been working on the generation ship game's design for the last 6 months (whenever I needed a break and do something different). It takes a while to develop a setting, so the sooner you start developing concepts and mixing them together the better. We'll start showing what we have early next year.

So much incline, after so many years of fucking decline...
First AoD, in next year torment and first information about colony ship crpg turn-based scifi crpg.

Can't wait.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Not as good as Mass Effect.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992596467/recommended/230070/

There are no likeable characters in this game. There are no honest NPCs in this game. Side quests involve either being robbed, stabbed, or misled, and the main quest involve either murdering people because you were told to or manipulating others to murder each other because you can. Role playing as a decent human being will get you killed very fast. Why would anyone play a game that involve this much reading when you just don't care what happens to any of the in game characters? Blah Blah Blah, House X will benefit if you do this, House Y will benefit if you do that.... So what? They are just as bad as each other, and whatever the ending is, it is definitely a bad ending because none of the factions are ran by decent people.

This is a old school RPG, so if you want to complete the game you have to either save and reload frequently or read online guides. Compared to other RPGs like Pillars of Eternity and Mass Effect, which can be played blindly with very little reloading and no help from the internet, I feel Age of Decadence is simply inferior because the death and reloading is immersion breaking. It was a business driven game mechanic for the 1 coin for 3 lives arcade machines of the 1980s, but today it just looks out of place. I like permanent death no reload games like jagged alliance 2 1.13, x-com long war, and this war of mine. In those games death matter because you have to keep going and the person you spent hours interacting with is now lost forever. Whereas in this game death doesn't matter because you just reload. This is just bad game design.

There are other little annoyances, such as font size is too small on high resolution monitors, you are forced to start combat encounters in melee in tiny rooms even if you try to play as an archer, map areas need to be unlocked and you can't free roam, camera angle changes after every text interaction, too many stats are displayed on screen in combat when only chance to hit and damage range actually matter.

If you have the morality of a typical GTA protagonist and you enjoy tweaking complicated excel spreadsheets, and you don't mind dying and reloading all of the time. Then sure, pick up this game. For everyone else, there is simply a lot more games which are a lot better in storyline, gameplay and game design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom