Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
AoD Shill said:
There are no likeable characters in this game. There are no honest NPCs in this game. Side quests involve either being robbed, stabbed, or misled, and the main quest involve either murdering people because you were told to or manipulating others to murder each other because you can. Role playing as a decent human being will get you killed very fast. Why would anyone play a game that involve this much reading when you just don't care what happens to any of the in game characters? Blah Blah Blah, House X will benefit if you do this, House Y will benefit if you do that.... So what? They are just as bad as each other, and whatever the ending is, it is definitely a bad ending because none of the factions are ran by decent people.
You honestly couldn't hope for better marketing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There are no likeable characters in this game. There are no honest NPCs in this game. Side quests involve either being robbed, stabbed, or misled, and the main quest involve either murdering people because you were told to or manipulating others to murder each other because you can. Role playing as a decent human being will get you killed very fast.
This should be inserted as the first part of the game's official description.

Saduj

Arcane
Died in 1st assassin fight despite having finished first early access build with every profession.

10/10 will die again.

:mrpresident:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Even PC Gamer has announced the coming Incline... Could an honest to goodness review be far behind?
Oh and bought a secind copy to cement my "patron of the arts" Steam achievement

Deleted member 7219

I've got far enough in the game that I'm starting to screw over the guys I've done work for before. I started off thinking I would be pure Commercium, but opportunity has taken me down a different path. This is very interesting. I don't really know what side I'm on except for my own... and that feels pretty good.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
You guys ironmanning this? No reloads?

Not yet. Still trying to get the hang of fighting as a dodge assassin. I think I am underusing nets and such but only because I am a cheap bastard and money is hard to come by in the game. Also, I feel like I should've gone with swords with my assassin as I've gotten the Bringer of Storms from Arena and I can buy Dreamweaver. haven't been able to find a decent dagger :/

Johannes

Arcane
Because post-apocalyptic environment brings the best out of hustlers, thugs, and faction leaders?
It's a consistent position to assume but ultimately not really the full picture or the most interesting way to have it.

When it comes to factions, Alpha Centauri is probably as it gets - everyone's very much ideological (which is usually needed to rally any large group of people together), but nobody's a good or bad guy in any objective way.
Geneforge factions are good too.

Actually brought another thing to my mind. Why's the game called Age of Decadence? Decadent age, one would think, is the age that leads to the fall. Once that's happened you can't decline much anymore, and the only direction to go is up, however slowly.

Weasel
I'm getting triggered by this Kasseopea retard.

That 'Zero' guy too, he's spamming out a lot of retarded stuff and talking about bad design - which is funny when one looks at the reviews of his game (StarDrive).

But I suspect this game is not going to sell very well at all. Just add a combat difficulty slider and that''ll fix the problem. Players take 50% damage, something like that. Until then, there will be thread upon thread with these complaints BECAUSE THE ARE VALID COMPLAINTS.

I'm not mad at the developers for their bad design. I'm mad at me for wasting my day playing it.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Actually brought another thing to my mind. Why's the game called Age of Decadence? Decadent age, one would think, is the age that leads to the fall. Once that's happened you can't decline much anymore, and the only direction to go is up, however slowly.

I think it's called that because of a few things:

The ruling power (the Empire) is long dead.

Social order has pretty much deteriorated to the point that you have raiders everywhere and protection rackets in major towns.

A lot of knowledge has been lost due to the cataclysmic events that occurred when the Empire fell.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I know this is kinda late in development, but is there a way to remove success/failure messages? That would make my blind playthroughs even more amusing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom