Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Released

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yo Vault Dweller any plans for traditional patching blitzkrieg in the following weeks and months? If yes imma get it on Gaben since GoG is absolutely hopeless for frequently updated games.
It's very stable, so far no issues or crashes (we fixed everything that was reported in the last 2 months).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
By the way Iron Tower - The Age of Decadence is outselling Prison Architect and Minecraft: Story Mode on GOG right now. Well fucking done. I know those games have been out for a few days so interest isn't as high, but those games are getting a hell of a lot of coverage and I thought they'd be right beneath Witcher 3 for weeks to come.

Minecraft:SM seems like a particularly linear and QTE-heavy game even by Telltale standards, so it's no surprise that it's starting to lose steam. This might be a fine time to inform the disaffected fans of that other new CYOA release that has lots of choices and consequences +M

Morkar Left

:keepmymoney:
Will not buy till Thursday.

And congrats for getting it finally out.

From a review on gog:
All of course, obscured under the most horrifying game design choices, mechanics and philosophies that the entire industry (including Obsidian, inXile, and Larian, the current masters of cRPG) abandoned as obsolete and outdated, and made every point and pain to avoid.

Which basically translates to: This game must be awesome.

dagrims

Educated
After lurking for years and recently registering on the forum, I'm using my first post here to declare my love for the release of this game. After it sat at the top of my wishlist for well over a year, I purchased it shortly after 0900 ET today. I've already told my wife not to make any plans for the next couple nights as I'll be "busy working on the computer." I don't think she still falls for that line, as she responded "did you buy another stupid game?"

Yes. Yes I did.

I convinced one other person to purchase it already, and there are likely another 3-5 friends of mine who will buy it given my recommendation. My saved games of Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, Lords of Xulima, Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Fallout: New Vegas are going to be gathering virtual dust for a while.

Great job and congratulations on the release after all these years, Vault Dweller!

Melcar

Arcane
Probably shouldn't buy it, not just yet, but the world inspired by late roman empire - I admit I was sold on that. Well then, it's 10PM in potatoland, have classes at 10AM... so... let's see how far can I get in 12 hours.

Fuck school. AoD will tech you more about life.

Lorenzen

Augur
Man, I remember when I first found out about AoD on NMA, which was years ago, when I still browsed the site. And now I can read on the Codex that it's finally released.

A dream that took 11 years to come true. That is as inspired as it is inspiring. If you ever had any doubts, now you know that it was fucking worth it. Congratulations!

And never stop dreaming. :salute:

Antigoon

Augur
Never bought a game on release day. Until now. One of the reasons I kept lurking here was/is aod. Still feels weird that its finally released.

Deleted member 7219

After lurking for years and recently registering on the forum, I'm using my first post here to declare my love for the release of this game. After it sat at the top of my wishlist for well over a year, I purchased it shortly after 0900 ET today. I've already told my wife not to make any plans for the next couple nights as I'll be "busy working on the computer." I don't think she still falls for that line, as she responded "did you buy another stupid game?"

Yes. Yes I did.

I convinced one other person to purchase it already, and there are likely another 3-5 friends of mine who will buy it given my recommendation. My saved games of Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, Lords of Xulima, Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Fallout: New Vegas are going to be gathering virtual dust for a while.

Great job and congratulations on the release after all these years, Vault Dweller!

As first posts go that isn't half bad.

Welcome to the Codex.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I stopped playing Early Access just after they released the second city so I wouldn't spoil things too much before the final release. That wait felt like an eternity because the game is great. Now that wait pays off.

Congrats ITS crew! Looks like I'm calling in sick tomorrow due to lack of sleep.

likaq

Arcane
First death in training:

115.jpg

My journey into world of AoD begins:

116.jpg

^
my sexy female 100% non-combat merchant.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Congratulations for the release and I hope it becomes a success. You obviously deserve it.

Never heard of the game until a few days ago, though, but it's the next game I'll buy. Also, it's a nice detail that you released a huge demo. Nowadays very few developers do that.

JoKa

Cipher
Congrats VD, for finishing what you started so long ago! Will buy as soon as I have some time to play.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Know what, just because I respect VD I'll try the latest demo. The last time I played this game was some early demo that was all "Let's teleport everywhere!" - I'll give the demo a fair shake and if I like it... well, it's 35 minutes until Thursday!

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I went with the exact same stats. I'm sure Constitution will be used in dialogue and interactions.
Not sure if CON 5 will be that useful, but there are some particular CON checks (at least there were some time ago) that will lead to some really interesting outcomes... ;)

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
Dusted off my account just to join in in congratulating Vault Dweller for the release of his fine game. Well done! You deserve a trophy for sheer stick-to-it-tiveness. I wish you great success!

-ElastiZombie

GloomFrost

Arcane
Damn this game is good! The ultimate ROLE PLAYING game, W2 directors cut, Divinity directors cut, DLC for witcher, Expansion pack for POE....... AHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry guys but I m not even looking at anything else for a looong time. Big thank you to developers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom