Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ascent - isometric, co-op cyberpunk action RPG

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://curve-digital.com/en-us/games/featured/156/the-ascent/

ss_f3bf36b1b3296adc1a90f286539f977c173f7fb0.1920x1080.jpg

ss_249604288694cda39a677f67fd434581ea938060.1920x1080.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/979690/view/2220782288158649723

We’re excited to announce a brand-new action RPG The Ascent, which offers players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player coop.

9f53773cbb33ef53d1bab48576f71869b57880ad.gif

We wanted to create a sci-fi RPG where players can play in the way they like, building up their character with cyberwear, augmentations and looting in a story-driven environment. For us, creating The Ascent has been about us all taking what we’ve all learned from working on Triple-A titles like Gears of War and Wolfenstein and bringing it to a highly focused project like this, redefining what gamers might have come to expect from a title developed by a small and flexible team.

The Ascent will feature:
  • A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
  • Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
  • An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platform discernable within play
  • Double-aim mechanic enables to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
  • A narrative-led adventure playable in both single and multiplayer forms

2c5c355fbb463bb895e24be38506fa0e534a708e.gif

The Ascent will launch on Steam in 2020. Look out for further details on the game’s launch in the months ahead. We can’t wait to share more with you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I've just heard of this game for the first time. Looks cool, kind of like Ruiner which I enjoyed. Is there any more recent material?

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Always looking for new, good co-op games for the regular game nights. Wishlisted.

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
Why does this game not look terrible to me?

Is there a reason why it should look terrible?

I'm definitely interested mostly because of the setting and co-op (always looking for RPGs to play with my brother and friends), but I want to see more about the actual RPG mechanics and itemization before I get excited. Also glad it's got more going on gameplay-wise than a Diablo II clone.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why does this game not look terrible to me?
Is there a reason why it should look terrible?
Diablo style games typically bore the hell out of me. Last one I played was Titan Quest. Just tiny blobs of pixels running at you while you click on stuff and wait for your fireball cooldown to refresh. Or on higher difficulties you do exactly the same thing but also tap the healing potion hotkey sometimes. Since then, every time a new Diablo game comes out, I wake up on the floor hours later because I fall asleep so hard. For some reason this looks like it actually might be fun, but I don't know why.

Jinn

Arcane
Diablo style games typically bore the hell out of me. Last one I played was Titan Quest. Just tiny blobs of pixels running at you while you click on stuff and wait for your fireball cooldown to refresh.

Yeah, like I said, I don't think the gameplay is quite like Diablo II style games as far as I can tell from the gameplay videos I've watched. I think there might be more going on than just clicks and skill triggering, though I can't say for sure.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Honestly, modern games are so shit I'm probably going to give this a try.

Seriously, did any good, complete games even come out in the last 18 months?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Matter of person opinion and preference good games be, No? Where's tge game list for the last 18 months for PC, all consoles, all platforms?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom