Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Atelier series

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Grim Dawn next week.
Nelke next week.
Sekiro is a couple of days away.

How the fuck am I going to find the time to play all of these? Each game will be 100+ hours!
Atelier games are usually more like 20-30, to be fair

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It looks pretty bad so this is a hard pass for me. The fact that they are even including characters from Mana Khemia just reeks of desperation to sell any copies of this low effort cash grab. I'll just wait a couple of months for the real Atelier to come out.

Gerrard

Arcane
Fucking hell my OCD is killing me trying to make the best equipment.
:negative:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I refunded. It has shit gameplay.

When will we get a real Atelier game here in the West?

jungl

Augur
game reminds me of final fantasy my life as a prince but more boring. Story is very bad in this and the gameplay is poor.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I refunded. It has shit gameplay.
I didn't but indeed i'm not happy.

Also now i want them to make Dusk series remaster too. Maybe now i'll start replaying them with ps3 emulator.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
So i had stable economy and steady income, everything was fine. Unlocked new sector and upgraded one of the previous and started tetris building again. Then started employees tetris too to maximize profits. Then game crashed during saving. Last save was 6 turns ago. And i don't want to do exactly same things for two hours again.

Also it was my first crash ever in ANY atelier ports on pc.

Reinhardt

Arcane
vsno2d.png

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Escha & Logy crashes less frequently, usually on the world map iirc. It may take a few hours before it starts happening.

Shallie doesn't crash at all afaik, but unfortunately it's by far the worst one of that trilogy

Jinn

Arcane
So are there any good Atelier games released on PC yet, or are they all mediocre to bad?

EDIT: Do these yes ratings mean there are good games on PC or mediocre to bad?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom