Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Banner Saga

Tigranes

Arcane
The characters look irredeemably terrible, but the backgrounds are better. Anyway, any tactical combat + RPG is worth watching out for, so good stuff.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
So how exactly are they going to pull off mature with an art style like that? Do these assholes not know anything about game design? Oh, wait, they made an MMORPG. Of course they don't.

What is wrong with you guys, the art looks like fucking shit. It is made for flash, screams "casual", and made by Bioware rejects. I'm betting these guys become just another number in the (luckily) high death rate for gaming company startups.

MisterStone

Arcane
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the artwork in this game, you're all a bunch of spazzes who mistake grimdark for mature.

The only artstyle other than WoW cartoonish that is marketable these days its dogshit brown + gunmetal gray gritty realism with an explosive amount of bloom diarrhea shooting out its asshole. I won't complain about them choosing the former.

Achilles

Arcane
It does, but still the feature list sounds promising. I'm interested.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

flushfire

Augur
So how exactly are they going to pull off mature with an art style like that? Do these assholes not know anything about game design? Oh, wait, they made an MMORPG. Of course they don't.
they probably mean its no dungeons of dredmor which imo is good enough.

Valvar

Novice
But it LOOKS like Dungeons of Dredmor... And seeing as the game is meant to be "mature", it's laughable, because the artstyle is the opposite. I guess because the only artists they had were a couple of sprite artists and an anime-fan they decided to use Flash.

Cynic

Arcane
Agree with Gromit, if it has really nice, fluid animations not shitty 2 frame facebook shit, it could actually be fucking awesome. I have to say the use of perspective, the foreground and background in that shot look really nice. Comparisons to Final Fantasy Tactics are a good sign.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The artwork looks like Genndy Tartakovsky-lite. The way the environment and scenery is drawn reminds me a lot of Samurai Jack.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Combat screenshot... how this moves will make it either pretty or ugly.
tbs.png

Is it related to winter voices? http://www.wintervoices.com/game The GFX looks similarly. Lets hope it's not a rip off.

edit:
From the trailer above it looks like winter voices with better GFX, and yes with more main characters... On the other hand it uses similarly retarded system of answers like ME2. Also writing is inane.

MisterStone

Arcane
Yeah, the ME dialogue choices kind of made me wince, but still too early to judge I think.

gromit

Arcane
Is it related to winter voices? The GFX looks similarly. Lets hope it's not a rip off.
EyvindEarleSleepingBeauty.jpg

It looks pretty much nothing like Winter Voices, except for the blue grid (shrug) and the flat coloring (like almost every piece of cel animation ever.)

The first trailer is out
Holy fucking shit, now that is how to stretch a budget with class. Hope it plays well!

Not expecting it to be all that deep, but it might be a decent "stragdventure" or whatever.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
That's a long fucking flag, that's for sure.

Dialog looks like standard bioderp.

Stinger

Arcane
It certainly looks very pretty. Grid for combat looks a bit small but hopefully the maps get bigger as the game progresses. Dialogue options look a bit derp but honestly if the combat is good then I'm not complaining.

The very pretty aesthetic and potentially good TB combat would make up for a cliched Bioware storyline.

pocahaunted

Arcane
I'm usually a naysayer, but this does look playable. I'd much rather play a game with proper 2D animations than the usual grimdark REALIZTICZ 3D bullshit we have in every other shitty AAAAAA++ title.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom