Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The best setting for GTA would be Mexico

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
If it took place in Brazil your only adversaries would be keystone brazilan cops and severely socially challenged and impoverished teenage hitmen on mopeds and motorbikes with motorcycle helmets and wearing tropical shorts and flip flops. No challenge. Mexico might be cool because of the cartels and they could combine Goat Simulator mechanics with the random unusually aggressive goat on the street attacking you. France or Russia might be a nice change of venue for the series
Yes, and the literal army of mexico is allied with the cartels, so you realistically will get tanks called in on you

Ah, you watched ZeroZeroZero (2020) too, eh? Great great series! :D

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
If it took place in Brazil your only adversaries would be keystone brazilan cops and severely socially challenged and impoverished teenage hitmen on mopeds and motorbikes with motorcycle helmets and wearing tropical shorts and flip flops. No challenge. Mexico might be cool because of the cartels and they could combine Goat Simulator mechanics with the random unusually aggressive goat on the street attacking you. France or Russia might be a nice change of venue for the series
Yes, and the literal army of mexico is allied with the cartels, so you realistically will get tanks called in on you

No I dont watch shows, I post on forums

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

No I dont watch shows, I post on forums

Well, you should make an exception in this case because it's almost exactly what you described. EPIC crime drama. My personal guarantee: If you don't like ZeroZeroZero, I will personally refund you the $ 0.15 (USD) of your electric bill it took to torrent it ;)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Any country from old soviet republic after '89, with wild capitalism emerging.

Norfleet

You can't play GTA Go anymore since Mexico closed the border due to Kung Flu.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
No where else is as corrupt

I remember the late William S. Burroughs telling a story about an american tourist or something in Mexico who once asked for directions from a slightly drunken bar patron. The patron congenially offered to walk the guy to his location. The drunk gets confused half-way there, realizes he doesn't know the way after all, so he pulls his gun out and shoots the guy to death for making him lose face. And that's just the happy regular drunken slobs in the bars, let alone the cops, soldiers and officials who may have had a bad day and act out on your ass because you didn't grease their palms! Mexico: a dangerous place, amigos.

KVVRR

Learned
Rockstar already visited Brasil with Max Payne 3 and Mexico in Red Dead Redemption, so if they wanted to make something new maybe 90's Colombia would be a good bet. Nothing wrong with retreading old ground in another franchise, though.

Games like Vice City, San Andreas and GTA4 are strong because they explore, lampoon and make playgrounds of places and people that the anglos making them can easily grasp. There is absolutely no way that outsiders that don't even speak the language could understand and do any justice, especially blending humour with violence, to Colombia. I really dread foreigners trying to cash in by making more media set in Colombia. It isn't just a different flavor of rampaging criminal negros or mafia, it's war.
It would make one hell of a game if done right tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom