Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Blade Runner adventure any good?

bat_boro

Arcane
Guys, I've tried to play it, but it looks as ugly as fuck.

I have a 19' inch widescreen monitor that the game doesn't support - is there anything that can be done?
Maybe a little something for the resolution, as now it looks like a bunch of very big pixels on the screen.

I guess it looks so bad because of the monitor, because I remember playing The Longest Journey back when I had a 17'' inch CRT and it looked quite good actually.
So can I do anything to improve the visual experience?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Your video card settings must have an option to enable gpu scaling and keep the original aspect ratio. This way at least the game won't stretch. Also you can try forcing AA and AF from the same panel.

MetalCraze

Arcane
If he has ATI forcing gpu scaling may be a problem due to crappy drivers. With NVidia it isn't much better though.

I have 20" widescreen and the game looks quite nice. As for pixelated characters - welcome to the voxel world, at least it is software rendered.

bat_boro

Arcane
skyway said:
If he has ATI forcing gpu scaling may be a problem due to crappy drivers. With NVidia it isn't much better though.

I have 20" widescreen and the game looks quite nice. As for pixelated characters - welcome to the voxel world, at least it is software rendered.

Yeah, I have a Radeon 1950Pro and I get the impression the picture is not scaled at all. I guess I'll try with my Catalyst control suite

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You might as well try to force the games to run at their default resolution without scaling, which will result in a very small picture with black bars around, however. You receive a perfect 1:1 image quality, albeit at a cost.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
bat_boro said:
Guys, I've tried to play it, but it looks as ugly as fuck.

I have a 19' inch widescreen monitor that the game doesn't support - is there anything that can be done?
Maybe a little something for the resolution, as now it looks like a bunch of very big pixels on the screen.

I guess it looks so bad because of the monitor, because I remember playing The Longest Journey back when I had a 17'' inch CRT and it looked quite good actually.
So can I do anything to improve the visual experience?

I'm playing it now on Microsoft Virtual PC, (in a windowed mode) so it actually looks better than a full screen view.

Maybe try that?

denizsi

Arcane
On the subject of Dickian adventures: anyone played Ubik? Any good?

It's an interesting game, and as far as I've played (about until half), it's worth playing, but interface is terribly terribly clanky. You have to invest some time and concentration just to get used to it, to learn to avoid making intuitive mistakes because of the unintuitive interface. If you can get past that, it's kind of like a cyberpunk tactical game with interesting story bits and adventuring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom