Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Bloodline - aRPG inspired by Mount and Blade and Skyrim

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
And this game could went into greatness if properly treated, look at GRIMOIRE so many years in the making and so eternal success.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really put off by the horrific cartoony art design, hope the game's got solid mechanics & systems going for it, at least.
No need for the harshness! I think the style is charming - not only does it allow more enemies to be on screen, it also makes it easier for me to work with since I'm a solo dev, too.

Aren't those Unity asset store character models? I've seen them many times before.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No need for the harshness! I think the style is charming - not only does it allow more enemies to be on screen, it also makes it easier for me to work with since I'm a solo dev, too.

HEY ASSHOLE

WHAT'S THIS BUSINESS ABOUT FOUR LEGGED ARACHNID MOUNTS?

HUH?

YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME GO ON WELFARE? AGAIN? HUH?

HEY, I'M TALKING TO YOU.
Don't worry bro I'm sure you'll get adopted by a nice circus somewhere.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Tested the demo a bit. Of course, being an old-ish build, missing lots of the nice stuff from what's on display in this thread.

It's mostly a combat demo. You can equip your character, and bash some mobs in an arena. What makes this promising is the fact that the combat feels reasonably fluid and impactful. Which is a bar that other games on this end of the budget scale fail to jump, even in release state. Good job on that.

Part of the skills need improvement though. The slowmo approach to some of the skills is an interesting idea, but with longer skill animations, it also feels a bit weird in how it locks you into place. Hope that feels a bit more smooth in the release.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That video flying in the Griffin, so cool... Is sad how fly was common on early 3D games like Daggerfall/Morrowind, M&M VI~VIII and it got dropped due console decline...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Balance? Fuck balance. Fun is fun. That's all there is to it. If someone wants to powergame, let them. If someone wants to fuck around and create a broken character, let them.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I don't exactly mean power balance, but gameplay balance. I.e., will the experience be rather that of a theme park, or that of an adventure? Not sure I'm expressing this well.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
If it allows the same guy to do whichever he prefers, then what's the harm. I get what you're saying though. That partly though depends on the developer and the mood and tone they set for the world. If it's static, unchanging or what have you, if it's littered with danger, if it has puzzles, if it's dynamic, if it's destructible, and so on. However, if the game world has enough freedom to allow you to roleplay whichever you want, fuck it.

Examples:
  1. Wizardry 8 was terrifyingly brutal at times but awesome at the same time because of what you could do vs. Arnika fucking road.
  2. Arcanum was, after that brief tutorial section of getting past Shrouded Hills, a completely open experience allowing you to do whatever you wanted. It was definitely an adventure, but you could feel like an unstoppable god if you built an army of Steam Automotons. A terrible, horrible, violent god who rained death upon every settlement and city you came across.
  3. PoE: tried and failed at everything and was shit because of too much balancing and railroading. An example of what not to do in an RPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom