Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Callisto Protocol - new survival horror from Dead Space creator

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They shoot themselves in the foot with this one. Why did they thought dodge and heavy focus on melee, in game such like this, was a good idea? And they did put that mechanic to last boss fight too...

Also they paid Hollywood actors for this one, LoL. Nice way to manage your funds.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've watched a playthrough of this one.
I don't know why they still think Hollywood actors are a recipe for success. All they are is streamer bait, and streamers mostly only make money for themselves and Twitch.
As for the 'horror' part of the game, it wouldn't scare anything older than a 12 year old.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
They shoot themselves in the foot with this one. Why did they thought dodge and heavy focus on melee, in game such like this, was a good idea? And they did put that mechanic to last boss fight too...

Also they paid Hollywood actors for this one, LoL. Nice way to manage your funds.
A heavy focus on melee in a game where you move slow enough to be greeted by sloths as distant cousin whereas enemies can mostly swarm you with alien-like speed at that! A game with a whole list of similarly 'briliant' ideas too.

toughasnails

Just the basic experience of it: you have this polluted, deformed body hurtling towards you, flaying chaotically, all covered with tumorous growths and leakages. Of course you are keeping distance, and Dead Space's gameplay was built around it. Your engage the thing in a mediate manner, keeping a buffer between you and the monstrous. There is melee option of sorts - and you are in full body armor - but it is your last option and if comes to that you know that you performed badly. So the combat gameplay works together with your basic reaction to these monsters.
Here, you still have a deformed body etc hurtling towards you, but what happens is that both you (with awful lot of exposed flesh in your starting outfit mind you) and it assume almost a sparring attitude and you proceed to beat it, up close, with a blunt object. There might be an initial feeling of horror and revulsion but the sustained experience of this sort of combat gameplay destroys it.

lightbane

Arcane
For extra hilarity is that melee sorta works as monsters can't keep up with your quick-duck maneuvers... Unless there are multiple monsters, then it becomes trickier. If only there were crazy weapons like a power sword or a giant hammer... But it took them until the DLC to learn that.
And now the sequel is pretty much dead.

This is free on PSN so I downloaded and "played" the first 40 minutes or so. The quotes are because you don't really play this thing, it's one of those movie game abominations that's absolutely not worth anyone's time, or the drive's real estate footprint for that matter.

Laughably terrible. I don't think it works even as streamer bait, it's just that bad. Generic, telegraphed, fleshy zombies that are completely toothless. There's absolutely zero tension.

Shame that it sold even a single copy.

911 Jumper

Educated
Everything I've seen of this game tells me it's not even one of those “so bad it's good” games.
The visuals are impressive, but everything else is just straight to dvd sci-fi clichés.
I honestly thought Scofield was better than this. I doubt we'll be seeing anything from him again.

The visuals aren't impressive and it runs like shit. Goyslop for hour-long Digital Foundry coomer TECH REVIEW.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Everything I've seen of this game tells me it's not even one of those “so bad it's good” games.
The visuals are impressive, but everything else is just straight to dvd sci-fi clichés.
I honestly thought Scofield was better than this. I doubt we'll be seeing anything from him again.
Yeah, he is pretty much done. He had almost complete freedom over the game's design and he came up with a complete turd when everybody just wanted a competent Dead Space clone.

911 Jumper

Educated
Free this month for PS Plus subscribers:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom