Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Callisto Protocol - new survival horror from Dead Space creator

SumDrunkGuy

Dead Space was fantastic as an audio/visual experience. The gameplay was alright. It got a bit repetitive in the later parts. Without EA's money, I wouldn't expect much from this.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
The diegetic holographic display seems to be there as the health bar can be seen on the prisoner's backhead.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://www.ruetir.com/2021/05/14/h...he-horror-game-from-the-author-of-dead-space/

proyecto_pubg-5434840.jpg

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
There was a rumor that Dead Space was initially thought as a System Shock-like. Then Resident Evil 4 happened. (https://www.cbr.com/dead-space-almost-system-shock-game/).
Good thing too, the dismemberment system is the best part of the game and the only reason people still remember it. They didn't take the gore nearly far enough despite the system being so central. Here's hoping they will go all the way this time.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
They didn't take the gore nearly far enough despite the system being so central. Here's hoping they will go all the way this time.

Eh? There was gibs and blood all over the place. How much more do you need?
You can shoot off limbs but they could have gone much further with it. Just shooting an enemy in itself should have an impact and that would be satisfying. The necromorphs are these The Thing sort of creatures, so they would survive getting shot but it would damage them, caving their heads in, removing flesh from parts of their bodies. Think Solider of Fortune where soldiers' guts start going out if you aim for their stomachs, or Vivisector, where you could strip off the meat from their bones. So I want to see a more detailed damage model. This would also give you more organic weak spots than just glowing parts, shoot your way into the brain of the creature and take it out quicker that way, or fuck them up in a way that impairs them that isn't just cutting off a limb or two.

ADL

Prophet
I can't wait for more PUBG lore
Survival horror game The Callisto Protocol is set in the PUBG universe
The funny thing is, I came in with this story when I went and met with the PUBG people for the first time and started talking about [The Callisto Protocol] and building a studio," Schofield said. "I presented this game to them, and so what we did was we made it fit within the PUBG storyline"

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Oh joy. A year and a half after being announced, we get to see... artwork!

They are probably preparing for the Xbox 12 june event.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom