Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The codex desperately needs a "go to page" functio

Useful?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • True

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ayWE9.png

So, I want to go to page 9 of this thread, which was where I stopped reading the last time. What do I do?

Do I... Press 3, and then go forward from there?

- Press 15, and then go backwards from there?

- Try to figure out what to write in teh "B/viewtopic.php?t=62381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25" part of the URL?

The latest solution is prolly the easiest, but lets face it: I'm too lazy to do that. There is a much better solution tho: DU makes the kind of function they have on almost all other forums, that is, a little arrow next to the "next" button, which opens a pop-down menu where you can write the exact page you want to go to. Particularly on the playground, where someone wisely reduced the posts/page to 15 and pages are counted in the hundreds would this be useful.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Edit the url bar to correspond to your desired page.

"DURR HURR I CANTZ MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE TO DISCOVERER THE PAEG!"

Fuck off you dumb piece of shit. This site does not scale to your level.

Oh go ride a cock

Oh wai- you already do that.

Then at least you can go play around with your beloved oblibian tali mods, stop pestering this prestigious topic.

J1M

Arcane
Just fill in the address bar with the post # you want to go to.

laclongquan

Arcane
With OVER 9000!!!! posts in some threads, it's pretty damn hard to remember which page is which, let alone post number. We are not even talking about the penchant of doing half-updates but not edit it into the thread's table of content.

Dumb shits always dump.

100% of the people wants such a function. Are you *really* going to go against them DU? The people can't be denied.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i have a feeling DU won't do anything with this version of the forum anymore. we'll have to wait for the new software...

...and start complaining the second it goes live

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Re: The codex desperately needs a "go to page" fun

herostratus said:
There is a much better solution tho: DU makes the kind of function they have on almost all other forums, that is, a little arrow next to the "next" button, which opens a pop-down menu where you can write the exact page you want to go to.
An option like this won't exist in the forum upgrade and I won't be coding one any time soon.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought the absence of a go to page function was a feature.

Dumbing down for casuals? No thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom