Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex Reviews: Two World II

Fens

Ford of the Llies
themadhatter said:
Fens said:
so at least the houses have doors this time... a definite improvement
...what?
Is that a poorly executed joke, some obscure meme I've overlooked or did we just play different games?

As I recall, Two Worlds had doors which -- functionally -- were superior to those of TW2 for one simple reason: they separated parts of the same seamless world, as opposed to Two Worlds 2's use of distinct cells separated by "doors" (ala The Witcher and Oblivion).
there were in fact a lot of houses completely without doors in the first "two worlds" game... most notably roadside inns... made me rage a bit and the sigh a lot

plus there were huge ass houses with only two tiny rooms inside and stupid crap like that

zeitgeist

Magister
My experience with Two Worlds 2 so far: made a character, skipped the first cutscene, looted two dead guards, picked up a barrel, put it down, died instantly. So... I repeated the process, much to the same result - another game over screen. Apparently I was killed by the overbearing strain of picking up a medium-sized barrel on my character's frail physique? Was there an important clue about unusually deadly barrels in the cutscene I skipped? I am perplexed.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Review is spot on.

The magic system is the only reason I got this game and so far (level 18) it's been pretty disappointing.

The good, elaborated spells always end up costing a billion mana. Summons are only useful to body block the stupid AI on corridors while I spam some homing Fire Bolt, which deals decent damage but it's pretty boring (click...click...click...mana potion...repeat). Thought it would get better later, but from what i've been reading here it actually gets worse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom