Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Dark Triad: Dragon's Death

Azurite Games

Learned
Also, as much as I hate to say it, link to FACEBOOK. Fastest way to grow in popularity these days. Make a twitter account. Link it to your page.

The problems is that we can't link KS to our promotional FB page, it must be a personal FB account instead.
Brother None said:
It is pretty easy to do. 200+ projects and countin'

We are officially Kicking It Forward supporters =)

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Great pitch, I like the ones that really show off the skills of the programmers and artists. I'm in on this kickstarter.

Stabwound

Arcane
Wow, this came out of nowhere and looks great. Very good kickstarter pitch, too. I hope this succeeds, because I really want to play it.

I can't believe all of the potentially awesome games of this type that are coming out. This is like bizzarro world. Thank you, crowdfunding and Tim Schafer for getting the ball rolling for using it for computer games. :salute:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
That being said, you should really do something about the story and writing. The premise and the whole story is just stupid. It makes no sense and seems like something a 12-year-old would come up with. Not even a talented 12-year-old, but Gaider junior. It's not even bland and generic. It's unnecessarily convoluted, too long for what it should be and completely and painfully retarded.

Digging a tunnel for 16 years... lugging a sleeping dragon around... I don't even...

Yeah. I hate to be that guy, but...

If this is the best you can come up with, I'd cut it. Or at least tell less of it to the player. The 7 minute intro is just too much.

Exposition is always dangerous, especially if what you are exposing is not too interesting in the first place.

"Best soldier of each race"

norolim

Arcane
Not going that fast, unfortunatelly. Have you been covered on any games related sites? If you have a press release and want to send it to Polish sites, I'd be heapy to help you with translation (professional translator). I posted about your campaign on the forum of the biggest Polish games site, but considering how the thing works there, it will probably sink soon enough. I also dropped the news to their editorial staff, but it would probably be better if they heard from you directly.

Sputnik

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The story in the intro is definitely crap and I hope it will never find its way to the actual game. The first ten seconds or so have a nice Icewind Dale-esque feeling, but after that, it is a steep downhill. Please, please, pretty please do something about this.

I also fear that the combat may be too simplistic but I believe there will be more information about that soon?

Regardless, I am following this kickstarter closely and definitely will pledge at least the £15 for the game+manual. The incline must go on! (And I liked the pitch video).

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Backed it for now - the combat/style looked quite cool. Am curious(concerned) about the story/characters though, but optimistic :)

groundhog

Educated
Backed it - love the look of this game. Just hope they can reach their target.

Azurite Games

Learned
Norolim said:
Not going that fast, unfortunatelly. Have you been covered on any games related sites? If you have a press release and want to send it to Polish sites, I'd be heapy to help you with translation (professional translator). I posted about your campaign on the forum of the biggest Polish games site, but considering how the thing works there, it will probably sink soon enough. I also dropped the news to their editorial staff, but it would probably be better if they heard from you directly.

Thanks for that, Norolim. Let me know the name of the site and I'll drop them a line!

Haba said:
Yeah. I hate to be that guy, but...

If this is the best you can come up with, I'd cut it. Or at least tell less of it to the player. The 7 minute intro is just too much.

Exposition is always dangerous, especially if what you are exposing is not too interesting in the first place.

"Best soldier of each race"

Quite the contrary Haba. I really appreciate all of you who are pointing out that the story is a bit cheesy or non-interesting. We'll address that.

Abraxas said:
You can also try El Pixel Ilustre. They have covered the other RPG kickstarters and being spanish they will probably be insterested in this.
Thanks Abraxas, I'll let them know about the project.

Sputnik said:
I also fear that the combat may be too simplistic but I believe there will be more information about that soon?

Yep, more info soon!

Any help on promoting the game will be appreciated. Today we will try to contact to a Game PR agency. Anybody here knows which PR agency should I contact to maxime the visibility of the game?
Many thanks again for your support guys!

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Autoloot Games, are you going for this style with equipment:

fantasy-swords-2.jpg

or this:
sh2404.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The video looked nice, especially the visual style. One thing tho, the scale of the characters in relation to the environment i found to be a bit off, they were too small for the world around in, everything felt disproportionally big.

Azurite Games

Learned
Jarpie said:
Autoloot Games, are you going for this style with equipment:

We'll try to find a middle ground whenever possible regarding the resolution and number of polygons connected with the game performance.

Gameplay-wise, the first sword would be a rare weapon and the secons a common one, so they could co-exist in the game world! =P

neilsouth

Augur
A number of articles are starting to spring up about the game, looks awesome...

Though if i were you I would give thanks to the people that wrote them!

Overboard

Arcane
Gameplay-wise, the first sword would be a rare weapon

I assume this is because all the shitty swords such as those in the first picture have been destroyed when wielded against proper weapons such as those in the second picture?

Overboard

Arcane
I think you misread my post, picture 1 shows a fantasy sword that would fuck the user up, picture 2 shows a single-handed sword of a type that was actually used in medieval times to great effect.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
So-called fantasy swords/equipment are a fucking decline, personally I'd much prefer the practical-looking equipment but that's just me. Probably the style doesn't show up a lot in game like The Dark Triad due the camera/viewpoint unless the style is utterly ridiculous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom