Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

THE DEBATE OF THE MILLENIA CONTINUES

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Kingston, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Kingston Arcane

Kingston
    I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/diablo_3 ... hinks.html

In before "he shouldn't have a say in the matter because he made a crappy game" - Oh wait, too late.

^ Top  
  2. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    SI is done sucking his cock then, he's really a cool kid.

^ Top  
  3. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    :(

^ Top  
  4. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  5. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    Stopped doing it since late '07.

^ Top  
  6. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Yeah, Diablo III is really WoW-like in graphics. Frankly, I think that while Diablo 2 was a great game, it kinda downplayed the horror aspects of the original diablo. But at least Diablo 2 had the decency of being, you know, GRITTY. All Diablo 3 screenshots I've seen look like something out of World of Warcraft.

^ Top  
  7. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    It's because of that faggot Samwise Didier. He's a one trick pony as an artist. Hurr durr big shoulders for everything.

^ Top  
  8. Higher Game Arcane

Higher Game
    He's aliiiiiiiiive. :shock: First Jasede, then SI, now when's Proverbius coming back?

^ Top  
  9. Crispy I'm trying to improve my attitude. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    What? Posting?

(Welcome back)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Yah, Diablo 1 had excellent atmosphere, Diablo 2 had average'ish, Diablo 3's looks like it's going to be crap. Warcraft 3 really ruined Blizzard's art style, yet they seem to be using it for every project now.

^ Top  
  11. kingcomrade Kingcomrade Edgy

kingcomrade
    You can hotkey multiple building RUIN PROGAMING

^ Top  
  12. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    I actually have faith in Diablo3 more than in any other so called "RPG" that is known to come out soon. Boyarsky is a talented designer and if he will manage to sucessfully do everything he promised D3 with the exception of childish "art" can be a good hack'n'slash. Also consider that a guy who is responsible for how combat looked in DoW1 is working on Diablo 3's combat - its visuals that weren't much noticeable (due to much happening on screen) but nonetheless awesome in DoW can find a good place in D3 where you will actually notice them.
    D3 also doesn't look dumbed down like most of the games today (with the possible exception of that "respec" bs)
    But the most important part (and tbh the only playable in most Blizzard games) is multiplayer - if it will be as fun as it is in D2 - I'm totally sold.

^ Top  
  13. Black_Willow Arcane

Black_Willow
    You disappoint me Skyway.

^ Top  
  14. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    I really don't know if it's fair to call it 'crap' based on the early areas of the game, which will supposedly be plunged into darkness and ruin after some events take place. I personally feel that a little diversity in the way the game looks can really be an important contrast to the darkness and ruin, if only to emphasize it. If it's all drab it'll look like Hellgate: London and lose its grit from being very mundane.

^ Top  
  15. elenai Novice

elenai
    AoD will be better Rpg. But D3 will be best rpG(as there is nothing else).
    As they avoided third person doom.
    Only what concerns me is that all mechanics are about phat l00t.

^ Top  
  16. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    What concerns me is the dumbing-down of the stats system. It RUINS PROGAMING

^ Top  
  17. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Jasede
    I'll be honest, I don't like the art direction D3 is taking- but it's a Blizzard game. Chances are it will look great, play great, and be awesome for what it is.

And run on my 512 MB RAM with 64 MB graphics card computer...

^ Top  
  18. elenai Novice

elenai
    No stat system is still there. Just wear +100 str sword +75 dex shield and all vit shit.

^ Top  
  19. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Yeah, but since they figured manually allocating stats was too taxing for the players, differing builds in that regard is out of the picture. They're making it just like WoW.

^ Top  
  20. MetalCraze Arcane

MetalCraze
    And respec shit.
    This worries me much. And a multiplayer part which can be ruined because of this.
    Singleplayer Diablo will be boring as most of Blizzard's SP parts of games - so I couldn't care less about it.

Actually Diablo games always were like MMO - they are based entirely on mindless grinding. However unlike MMORPGs where you have to gather a party of 8 to kick a single mob for 3 minutes until it dies and then move to another one (which is extremely retarded and boring) - Diablo had you kicking the whole packs and even hordes of mobs and you had a reason to move forward - which is fun.
    As for fat loot - I truly don't remember that loot ever bothered me or anyone in D2 - you were getting cool new items only as you go and when devs were letting you to - and you still were raeping.
    Stats were broken too. On hardcore servers you always pump up Vitality. And most of the time - only Vitality. Or actually on any server. I was playing a druid last time and the only trouble I had during the whole game is with Diablo in the end.
    It was always broken - and I think they can't make it any worse - at least I hope hardcore servers are in.

^ Top  
  21. Dire Roach Prophet

Dire Roach
    [​IMG]

I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT DIABLO 3

^ Top  
  22. Eldritch Scholar

Eldritch
    Rainbows really ruin progaming though, no arguments there.

^ Top  
  23. Eldritch Scholar

Eldritch
    Where is the resident progaming\e-sports faggot metallix anyway? Is he fasting to death at some orthodox monastery deep in the frozen wastes of northern Kazakhstan, burdened with the eternal sorrow that his one and only deity blizzard finally did it and ruin progaming?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.