Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Infinitron, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    fabulously optimistic. you already know scaremongering will never die.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. FreshCorpse Arbiter Patron

FreshCorpse
    Strap Yourselves In
    You say "shills" but I always liked that guy's videos. Super straightforward and simple and the result of hours of mindnumbing tedium on his part, constantly restarting stuff with slightly different settings and hardware. Maybe the other people on that channel put out shittier videos but I wouldn't know as I always skip theirs

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    IIRC there was some drama with DF cucking to ResetEra, but regardless they put a lot of work and research into their videos and that should be applauded.

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. I almost never play AAA games because I'm not completely retarded, so I don't have this issue with denoobo. I did cuck out and play RE8, but it was on a console.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. karoliner Arcane

karoliner
    The Doom Eternal DLC is cracked now.

• incline incline x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    Are part 1&2 worth playing? I feel like Eternal's base game as a whole turned Doomguy into a superhero and didn't like the vibe of it at all. More of the same?

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Eternal sucks. Too much platforming, too much marauders. As far as modern shooter goes, 2016 is the superior one

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. deama Liturgist

deama
    Some older or maybe all games with denuvo might not work on newer intel CPUs...:lol:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • incline incline x 5
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Alexander DeLarge Cipher

Alexander DeLarge
    I'm really looking forward to this because for years the Denuvo shills have used the talking point of "developers will patch it out if it ever becomes a problem! Don't worry about it!"
    Coincidentally this is all being covered a week or two after Bethesda finally patched Games For Windows Live out of Fallout 3.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Toffeli Atomkrieg, ja bitte Patron

Toffeli
    Wasteland 2
    The late part of the video (06:50) saying AMD is going the same route is false. I watched this bit yesterday from Gamers Nexus addressing this.

Also mostly the same in txt:
    https://hothardware.com/news/amd-zen-philosphy-win-cpu-wars

• Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. karoliner Arcane

karoliner
    Denuvo was removed from Ace Combat 7, Nier Replicant and Tomb Raider.

• incline incline x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Soulcalibur 6 when?

^ Top  
  13. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    Codex released Nier already.
    Was it interesting game, better than Nier Automata?

^ Top  
  14. deama Liturgist

deama
    What? Ace combat 7 had denuvo? I pirated that thing a long while ago and didn't have a problem... they must have had a crappy denuvo implementation.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    The updates and DLCs were never cracked, only the base game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. ferratilis Erudite

ferratilis
    https://www.dsogaming.com/news/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider-runs-noticeably-faster-without-denuvo/

• Math! Math! x 3
    • meh meh x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    :nocountryforshitposters:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Game journos really hate acknowledging that denuvo is bad for performance, despite it being conclusively proven over and over (I include load times in performance).

Whenever mainstream sites have done articles on denuvo performance in the past, any acknowledgement of issues is always pretty grudging and filled with excuses.

Either denuvo pays them off or they just enjoy gamers suffering, maybe a combination of the two.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron Sad Loser

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    These tests are actually useless, they were using the build-in benchmark where I would be surprised if Denuvo triggers at all. Without knowing what, where and when in the code Denuvo is triggered all this is just shooting in the dark.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    • Math! Math! x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Every time Denuvo is demonstrated to be a piece of shit fucking up your PC, someone shows up to defend it, even in the Codex.

• Fishy x 3
    • it is a mystery x 2
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Absolutely Haram x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • what? x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. BlackAdderBG Arcane Patron Sad Loser

BlackAdderBG
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    What are you talking about, I'm not defending Denuvo, but laughing at the author of the article above that is proving nothing and it's absolutely pathetic, if anything it makes Denuvo look good. 3 fps in 1080p with 120+ frames is a marketing slide for Denuvo to show potential clients. It probably doesn't make any calls in the build-in benchmark as in most cases it's placed when loading different area in my experience with cracked games. As I understand cracked games are actually not removing Denuvo at all, but cheating it with feeding the key that is called by it to authenticate. Same with when devs "remove" Denuvo I would speculate that they just make all calls to be "true", "positive" or whatever it's called, I doubt that they go and remove any Denuvo code.

^ Top  
  22. Semiurge Cipher

Semiurge
    :nocountryforshitposters:

Of course someone pays journos off. It's the norm of gaming journalism.

^ Top  
  23. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    In Metro Exodus, Denuvo had an extremely significant impact on load times.

There is absolutely zero question that Denuvo has a detrimental impact on any game it is implemented in. Some devs are just better at mitigating that impact than others.

^ Top  
  24. Multi-headed Cow Magister

Multi-headed Cow
    Reeeeeeeeeally, interesting. I briefly fucked around with Exodus ages ago due to game pass but the ridiculous loading times annoyed me to the point where I deleted it after barely touching it (Also didn't like the open world shit and how fast mutants respawned, but I probably would've tried it longer without the load times dissuading me from starting the game up) but I've got a Steam copy now that I haven't touched, might have to check it out at some point.

^ Top  
  25. Semiurge Cipher

Semiurge
    Evil that exists because the modern ignorant human has no self-respect, and a strong desire to appear good. Advocates of DRM have always impressed the virtue of copy protections upon consumers, who will gladly continue their work - "There's no such thing as DRM that is too invasive, only consumers that are too dishonest and sinful to accept it as a part of their existence". That could easily be their mantra. Useful idiots are an infinite resource, in any field.

I remember how these used to have funky music in the Commodore/Atari days.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.