Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Bradylama

Arcane
https://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age/dragon-age-inquisition

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/dragon-age/dragon-age-inquisition

you are trolling right? comparing very first tutorial area with 3rd person shooter where your character already at the beginning is fucking commander Shepard? did you also complained about lack of targeting body parts in DAO or any fucking crpg in last 20 years? FYI you can target body parts of bigger enemies(giants/dragons) like in Dragons Dogma

Yeah, Dragon Age: Independence is a much bigger improvement. Now you can just hold down attack and win.

Last edited by a moderator:

set

Cipher
Doesnt compute how RPS loved the game yet the "tactical" view mode is nothing but a lazy attempt to shut up the masses....
Dude, BioWare is developing with xbox controllers wired up at their desk. Not a single dev photo was shown with them testing with KBM input. You know what kind of developers they are if you even remmber half of playing DA2 w/ a KBM setup.

imweasel

Doesnt compute how RPS loved the game yet the "tactical" view mode is nothing but a lazy attempt to shut up the masses....
It fucking is though. Tactical mode doesn't even fucking work correctly, it is just tacked on bullshit. You can hardly even see what the fuck is going on during a battle in tactical mode.

The game is designed for button mashing with the controller without using the tactical camera.

Psquit

Arcane
Codex reaction to Faggot age the cisquisition

WHY DID I PRE-ORDER THIS SHIT?!
1416257292791.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can't be worse than DA2

Surprised RK plays it third person, or is it mandatory on X-box? Probably should play it in isometric, point&click flying numbers mode ala Infinity Games

set

Cipher
Can you kill/refuse companions? I imagine they come back anyway...?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If RKs first combat video is any indication, biowarian choice is back in all its glory.

Fast forward to 3:20

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Anyone got footage of this being played on a higher difficulty setting? All I've seen are full close-camera-no-pause encounters where the players are pretty much letting auto-attack go, trying to use abilities when they are off CD (and I do mean trying, so they could do even more damage and crush it quicker) on one character and letting AI handle the rest. Main 'player actually doing something' moment appears to be moving behind the big shield guys for extra damage. Seems it would be absolutely destroyed if they were doing something as basic as focus firing.

Typical footage I've seen:
Trigger warning: He says story is the most important part of an RPG

AngryJoe tried it on nightmare. It's easy in the beginning cause it's tutorial, but he gets annihilated by first tutorial boss (jump to last third). Although to be fair, he plays like a retard. I think it's gonna be quite challenging on higher difficulties. Boss fights probably harder than Origins/DA2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VCJfuY142I&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ

Well, I watched this all the way through finally.

:lol: I haven't watched an AJ video since early in his channel because I decided it's not for me, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. He sounds like he is going through a list of "Don't forget to mention x" written by Bio. That bit where he shows the tac camera, says it is super great to see it return then never uses it is amazing.

That last fight was nothing, he played only controlling his own character with AI on default tactics, looked away from the boss who was giving long 'warning' animations (so he would have known when to move from the targeted attacks it threw out for huge damage), played mostly in RT and wasted a heap of time doing nothing with the character he was controlling. He still almost killed it, if he popped potions he would have. On the hardest difficulty. There was also the early shit he was fighting, just seemed like Nightmare gave them way to much health, the still weren't a threat, just a lot of time auto attacking.

If any of you find a fun fight while you playthrough on Nightmare, upload and let us know how frequent they are, fun combat could make this worth a look for me. Paraphrased dialogue options combined with the writing style (the amount of times I've seen something reasonable chosen on the wheel and then the PC tries to be Bioware-funny ... I couldn't take it), 'go to the marker' quests and the accept/decline sidequests (which apparently is a lot of what you'll be doing, as you have to to build power for the MQ's I think?) aren't appealing.

I'd like to hear how the choices pan out, I bet you end up resolving the Mages vs Templars stuff, deciding how the mages are policed. You did this in Origins as well, but sequels decided it didn't matter. Ruler of Orlais will probably be in your hands to, I think there is a rebellion going on during the game. So I'm looking forward to SV's LP I suppose.

pippin

Actually I think Leliana looks vaguely like Felicia Day now. It's like having her in that DLC and poorly made youtube series wasn't enough.

mastroego

Arcane
Okay, I figured out tactical cam and rebound the keys. Why in the fuck is A and D used to rotate the damn camera? Doesn't make any damn sense.

you bought this pile o' crap? oO
Not really, because I am going to get a refund from Origin.

There is no way that I am keeping this crap. Even Dragon Age 2 is like a masterpiece compared to this horse shit.

Imweasel, I value your opinions and enjoy your posts but let me tell you, you should have known better.
By the way, ARE they going to refund?

Azarkon

Arcane
Codex has high standards, but my example with DAI Leliana is that her design was a try at making an attractive woman according to mainstream standards. I don't think that's the case for Cassandra, Sera, and Josephine, especially the former two. I personally believe that the DAI artists and designers set out to depict the 'average homely woman' as per SJW goals.

imweasel

Imweasel, I value your opinions and enjoy your posts but let me tell you, you should have known better.
Yep. But i'll make up for it by warning everybody about this game.

By the way, ARE they going to refund?
Nope. :lol:

They came up with some bullshit saying that I played for more than 24 hours (which is of course impossible), so I won't get my money back. The "Great Game Guarantee" mentioned on Origin's website is bullshit.

Oh well.

Mystary!

Arcane
Bh1ICoV.png
ScreenShot350_zps3377e47e.jpg

Speaking of plastic hair... Is it supposed to be an inside joke about Gaider's toupée or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom