Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

9ted6

Educated
The only part I can actively say I liked was when Corypheus said that the Golden City was empty, because it opened up a mystery that I foolishly expected to be expanded upon.
IMO the whole golden city being empty thing is the single most interesting piece of lore in the entire series. The Joan of Arc pseudo catholicism isn't going to win any awards for creativity, but it's still 100000% percent better than Solas and the elves.
They could never decide what the cosmology was supposed to be and kept giving it some stupid twist or turn.

Before the elves were the real gods there was a Gaider comic years prior that basically said the maker was a fraud and magic sleeping dragons were the gods, and then some parts of Inquisition suggest either humans or qunari came from space but then the DLC ends with the Solas is behind it all shit.

Instead of expanding on the concept of the maker, the golden city and andraste they wanted to keep subverting expectations and did so in increasingly dumb ways. Barbarian Joan of Arc being the actual bride of the maker would've actually been the most creative choice. I can't think of any fantasy setting where the expy of western religion is legitimate and not just a ruse or totally wrong.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
He is now going to destroy the Veil at the cost of human civilization collapsing.
I like how this is just said with no explanation.

Every race existed before the veil, albeit humans were mud hut dwellers at that point, but destroying it will destroy them? When erecting it is what killed off the elves? Yeah okay.

I know expecting consistency or any form of logical thought whatsoever from bioware's "writers" is at this point something only a retard would do, but it's still disappointing.

9ted6

Educated
He is now going to destroy the Veil at the cost of human civilization collapsing.
I like how this is just said with no explanation.

Every race existed before the veil, albeit humans were mud hut dwellers at that point, but destroying it will destroy them? When erecting it is what killed off the elves? Yeah okay.

I know expecting consistency or any form of logical thought whatsoever from bioware's "writers" is at this point something only a retard would do, but it's still disappointing.
His plan and motives don't make any sense no matter how you look at them.

He hates elves and thinks they're retards but he gets angry if you insult them.
He made the veil to fuck over the elves and kill the other elven gods but now he wants to take down the veil because he wants elves to rule the world.
He hates all the other races because they enslaved the elves after he enslaved them and destroyed their lands because he hated them so much.

When you look at his writer it starts to click why Solas behaves like an irrational bipolar schizo. Writers write what they know.

9ted6

Educated
When you look at his writer
:dgaider:
jslssew.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Solas is possibly the dumbest character in modern RPGs and that's saying a lot.

Like sure, there are worse characters with even dumber writing, but this dude supposed to be a god or something.

And they made him the flagship character for... reasons?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Like sure, there are worse characters with even dumber writing, but this dude supposed to be a god or something.

I heard he's polling well with dangerhair weirdos. Some would even love to date him or something.

9ted6

Educated

I heard he's polling well with dangerhair weirdos. Some would even love to date him or something.
Fujoshis, dangerhairs, redditrans and tumblrgirls are obsessed with Solas and they're 98% of Bioware's remaining fandom along with the waifu and husbandofags.

It's the retarded soap opera tier drama and I Can Fix Him mentality that draws them in.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Solas is bald, but is loved by people whose personality is defined by colored hair. I think it's a hidden father figure, a balding man whom they secretly respect and want to Freudianly fuck, but can't bring themselves to do in real life, hence sublimation.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Solas is bald, but is loved by people whose personality is defined by colored hair. I think it's a hidden father figure, a balding man whom they secretly respect and want to Freudianly fuck, but can't bring themselves to do in real life, hence sublimation.
I've always perceived Freudian psychoanalysis as a mistake, but you're actually making a lot of sense!

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I've always perceived Freudian psychoanalysis as a mistake, but you're actually making a lot of sense!

Freud described well issue of hidden desires and defense mechanisms. The problem began when Sigmud tried to base the entire concept of psychology on it (it is also not suitable for describing more specific disorders).

Freudism doesn't say much about balanced people, but the more twisted a person is, the better Freudianism describes him.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Solas is just as bad as every other character. He was edgy, and people* seemed to love it.

*not sure if I should call them people

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I played through DAI and never had Solas in the party and always insulted him or elves if I talked to him. Then he disappeared, which was supposed to be dramatic, but it seemed more like a butthurt elf scurrying away :lol:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I played through DAI and never had Solas in the party and always insulted him or elves if I talked to him. Then he disappeared, which was supposed to be dramatic, but it seemed more like a butthurt elf scurrying away :lol:
I naturally assumed that most people ditched him as soon as possible since he was so annoying and ugly.

I only played through it once and naturally, I did everything that he hates, because he's an idiot.

It wasn't until much later that I found out he was le dreadwulf, troubled and tragic elf god on muh quest for redemption and some light genocide.

That's some poorly written YA romance shit.

9ted6

Educated
Every mystery, every unanswered question, the Maker, the Golden City, Andraste, the Old Gods, the darkspawn, the Fade and the Veil all boiling down to a malding elf wizard is a very Bioware thing to do. Lest we forget how Mass Effect's finale went.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom