Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk Back to the Futon DLC releasing on October 3rd

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Artefacts Studio; The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon; The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon, the time travel-themed third and final DLC for 2020's well-received parodic tactical RPG, was supposed to have launched this summer. It has however taken longer than expected for developer Artefacts Studio to finalize. Perhaps that's because this DLC is particularly large, spanning four chapters or about half the size of the original campaign. As a direct sequel to last year's Ruins of Limis DLC, it will also allow characters to reach level 16. Voice actress Felicia Day explains all this and more in the new release date trailer, which announces that Back to the Futon will be launching on October 3rd.

Good news. We learned during the Nacon Connect event back in July that Artefacts Studio's next game is Crown Wars: The Black Prince, a medieval turn-based strategy game set during the Hundred Years War. I guess that's the reason it's taken them so long to produce these DLCs.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Base game is currently in Humble Choice, btw.

orasI9x.png

grimace

Arcane
A futon (布団) is a traditional Japanese style of bedding.

Back to the Futon DLC seems to be a clever nod to Japanese Role Playing Games where you attempt to 'go to bed' with non-playable characters.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Great news, one of my favourite recent RPGs. Time to replay the whole thing from the start once this has been released. I especially appreciate the fact that it's not grimdark...

Arryosha

Learned
In the US, a futon is often used by young people as a couch because they're cheap and double as a bed. I think it means back to the couch to play console games.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah right, queen of woke felicia ratface day is promoting non-woke game, rightttt
She's 43 and her relevancy ended in the mid-10s, she's in the "will work for food" stage of her career. These French guys hired her out of nostalgic name value.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Never played this game, but I read the Codex review a while back. All I remember is that it has French "humor". That's probably still preferable to Larian and Owlcat """"""""humor"""""""" so maybe I'll pick it up. I've never heard of this Felicia Day bitch; how annoying is her voice?

FriendlyMerchant

Never played this game, but I read the Codex review a while back. All I remember is that it has French "humor". That's probably still preferable to Larian and Owlcat """"""""humor"""""""" so maybe I'll pick it up. I've never heard of this Felicia Day bitch; how annoying is her voice?
You tell me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Tags: Artefacts Studio; The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon; The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon, the time travel-themed third and final DLC for 2020's well-received parodic tactical RPG, was supposed to have launched this summer. It has however taken longer than expected for developer Artefacts Studio to finalize. Perhaps that's because this DLC is particularly large, spanning four chapters or about half the size of the original campaign. As a direct sequel to last year's Ruins of Limis DLC, it will also allow characters to reach level 16. Voice actress Felicia Day explains all this and more in the new release date trailer, which announces that Back to the Futon will be launching on October 3rd.

Good news. We learned during the Nacon Connect event back in July that Artefacts Studio's next game is Crown Wars: The Black Prince, a medieval turn-based strategy game set during the Hundred Years War. I guess that's the reason it's taken them so long to produce these DLCs.

I just noticed that Felicia Day does primary VA in this. She's probably the only female voice actor I ever heard that I actually stopped and wondered who she was when I heard her as Veronica in FNV and actually looked her up on IMDB. I have The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk but never got around to playing it. Pathfinder Kingmaker (the last RPG I played) really did a number on me and killed my desire for loooooong cRPGs. But with so much new content for The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, maybe it's time to finally get back into it. Is this a good one for that?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
She's alright; doesn't even come near to what I consider an annoying female voice.
The most annoying female voice actor in a game I ever heard was an actress that was all over the place around the time of No One Lives Forever II where she played one of the first 2 female guards you encounter early in the game. In fact, her voice was so annoying that I thought, "WTF? What the hell kind of game can this be that hires voice actors like- like- like that??! It must be shit!" so I quit right then & there. Now that is true power of Annoying.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
kinda makes me not want to buy it if I have to hear her voice the entire time
Just be glad you don't have to look at her.
damn she got ugly
legitimately looks like a troon
snapshot.jpg
Some people have a face for radio... or video game voice acting. I get the feeling Felicia was probably pretty or at least reasonably attractive at one time. But now she literally looks like she was born with a syndrome of some kind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom