Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk Back to the Futon time travel DLC releasing this summer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Artefacts Studio; Dear Villagers; The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon; The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: Back to the Futon, the third and final DLC for Artefect Studio's well-received parodic tactical RPG, will finally be launching this summer. As the title suggests, this time the party will be going on a journey through time and space in an adventure that's also a direct sequel to last year's Ruins of Limis DLC. Here's its characteristically silly announcement trailer along with the accompanying post:

Howdy, adventurers!

It was announced at the end of 2021, it's here, it's coming! The new DLC: Go back to the Futon!

It will be available this summer 2022! Get ready, the wishlist are open today!

As you know this DLC will be the last one of the saga! It will finish the story of our band of broken arms, you will discover new characters, four new chapters that will continue the story of Ruins of Limis. As you will have understood from the title of this new expansion, our team will be sent on a quest through time and space.

Stay tuned for more details coming soon!​

Back to the Futon will be releasing over a year after Ruins of Limis, which itself was released over eight months after the original game. I'm not sure how that makes sense, but it's always nice to have more Naheulbeuk.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Is it actually funnny?

I was wondering the same thing. I never gave the game a chance because the trailers and lets plays all show an intense focus on the humour. The combat looks very good though as does performance.

Antigoon

Augur
The majority of your time you will spend in combat anyway. So even if you don't like the humor, you can quite easily ignore those one-liners every now and then.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So, this resets the game so you can play it over? Not following on what they mean here?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Is it actually funnny?

I was wondering the same thing. I never gave the game a chance because the trailers and lets plays all show an intense focus on the humour. The combat looks very good though as does performance.

I was very iffy about buying the game, as I'm not very fond of either cartoony graphics, game humour or self-referential humour, as a rule. But I bought it one day when it was on discount and there was nothing else I fancied playing and, despite myself, I fell in with the mood of it. It basically takes the piss out of RPG tropes constantly, but mostly in a fairly witty sort of way; and most of the voice acting is actually really good. Even the graphics end up feeling cosy and charming. It's fun, and the tactical combat is great (more in terms of nice encounter design than intrinsic complexity - the build system is barebones, with quite a bit of fluff, but serviceable, and fits well with the combat options in encounters).

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it actually funnny?

Yes, very. Though I found the English VA to be the weakest of the three offered.

The perception of humor would partially depend on your familiarity with table-top RPG slang and tropes.
Figuratively speaking, to get most of the puns, you need to be familiar with the Gazebo and "I attack the darkeness" kind of jokes.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
The majority of your time you will spend in combat anyway. So even if you don't like the humor, you can quite easily ignore those one-liners every now and then.
"The majority of your sandwich will contain meat, you can ignore the sparse small pieces of shit in your sandwich"

Absinthe

Arcane
Is it actually funnny?
The comedy is more like a regular group of buddies dicking around. It's nothing amazing, but it's not some kind of insufferable tryhard humor either.

Is it actually funnny?

Combat is what you play the game for, really. It could do with some improvements here and there but it's solid.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmmmm.....
alxxwhm.jpg

X6OzwlA.jpg

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I enjoyed the game very much playing on the highest difficulty one below Nightmare. The combat is great and a lot of creativity went into the encounter designs. Many encounters introduce some unique mechanics so you never just fight hordes of trash mobs. The creators clearly enjoyed making the game, there's lots of easter eggs, amusing flavour text, and I found the banter quite amusing between the elf and the dwarf, plus the barbarian is hilarious in general (lots of Conan and Crom references). It was made by the French, so much of the humor is adult oriented, sometimes with sexual overtones which I found quite entertaining. The story and (very light) exploration is only there to tie the combat encounters together, which I actually prefer to storyfag RPGs these days. Overall, I can't say a bad thing about it, it's a top notch tactical combat game. I think most people who like Gold Box combat will love this.

Darkforge

Augur
The humour is not as bad as I thought it would be, I've even chuckled a couple of times.

I like this game, and thats says a lot because I don't like anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom