Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

ValeVelKal

Arcane
You do know that there is cheap bandages that cure wounds?
Of course but it is less expensive sometimes to heal everyone at the tavern for 100/150/200
LoL money is irrelevant in this game,later on you have like 50k and nothing to spend it on. Just spend it on bandages and potions.
Sadly you don’t know this before starting the game. I start to see some good equipment in the shop

Gregz

Arcane
Of course but it is less expensive sometimes to heal everyone at the tavern for 100/150/200
LoL money is irrelevant in this game,later on you have like 50k and nothing to spend it on. Just spend it on bandages and potions.
Sadly you don’t know this before starting the game. I start to see some good equipment in the shop

It's also only partially true if you want to buy lots of legendaries in the late game.

Does anyone know how RNG distributes items in the dungeon? I remember seeing dupes of legendaries, so I'm curious if I might have missed seeing some?

Another neat mechanic is the tension between using the randomonia on early crucial extra action points or being able to save enough of it for the big team heal or a critical teleport.

Getting more and more incline for that sci fi game they are making. They seem to have some talent in their group when it comes to making these set pieces and mechanics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

It's also only partially true if you want to buy lots of legendaries in the late game.

Does anyone know how RNG distributes items in the dungeon? I remember seeing dupes of legendaries, so I'm curious if I might have missed seeing some?
Don't know if it is a bug or rng,but i ended up with a few people missing a full on legendary deck out. Tho i managed to equip most of them with all legendaries. I think that it is random because i got a few duplicates. Also you don't need that much money for legendaries later on. Most of them are from battle or quests. I bought two or three legendary items total.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Having more than 100% accuracy helps you against the status you have when you have lower health (that gives you -5%/-10%/-15%), against Wounds, and if you use the alcohol to buff yourself, which I do a lot....

Ok, you are retarded. I had hopes for you, but no longer.

Probably only one who uses alchohol/food in belt slots. All other players are smarter.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
By the way, the Elf heal depends on Charisma, so it is not only the Priestess and Ministrel with secondaries depending on Charisma.

You buff Elf charisma for just heal alone? Since elf most of time fights ranged and thus get no support from charisma.
You are french, are you?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
the Barb, the Troll and sometimes the Ranger and Dwarf have buff potions which I use in particular if I can't reach an enemy this round.

Wasting valuable slots for buff potions?
I think you deserve Dumbfuck! sign on your name. Anyone who played this game will agree with me.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Having more than 100% accuracy helps you against the status you have when you have lower health (that gives you -5%/-10%/-15%), against Wounds, and if you use the alcohol to buff yourself, which I do a lot....

Probably only one who uses alchohol/food in belt slots. All other players are smarter.
Want to come back on the "OnLy OnE wOrTh HaViNg GrEnAdEs Is ThE rOgUe", smartass ?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
the Barb, the Troll and sometimes the Ranger and Dwarf have buff potions which I use in particular if I can't reach an enemy this round.

I think you deserve Dumbfuck! sign on your name. Anyone who played this game will agree with me.

Do I have to play it first?

Definitely buying when it goes on sale.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Want to come back on the "OnLy OnE wOrTh HaViNg GrEnAdEs Is ThE rOgUe", smartass ?

Sure, french dumbfuck. Or just french.

Rogue skill makes Ice grenade gain AoE. This means with 1 ice grenade you can keep almost full team of enemies in control and high damage dot (=freeze). Full team instead of just 1 enemy as for other characters.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Do I have to play it first?

Definitely buying when it goes on sale.

There is like 10+ threads from people on steam that food/buff potions is useless in combat.

But some french retard thinks he is pro and knows different.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
h.
Rogue skill makes Ice grenade gain AoE. This means with 1 ice grenade you can keep almost full team of enemies in control and high damage dot (=freeze). Full team instead of just 1 enemy as for other characters.
Well, guess what sometimes you want to ice two characters that are more than one tile apart. Or your rogue is quite simply down. But you put all your grenades on the rogues. UPS.

Well, given you don't use grenades and buff except on rogues, do all your characters just load up on heal potions ?
Well if you need that many heal potions in a battle maybe you should not comment.
Ale that gives you +4 STR and +4 COU (so +4 DMG and + 8 PHY RES) at the cost of 4 CHA (which is already below 10 for Barb and Ogre) or -4 INT is certainly a better move when targets are out of reach than, er... not doing anything ; especially since you don't load up on grenades either. The -4AGI is way worse, granted, only used it on my Ranger and only because I don't like to buy potions so I use what I have.
They are usually not the best move if you can reach the enemy, obviously, as you need a lot of attacks to connect before you catch back the "missed attacks" (though compensated by the added PHY RES)

As for food, low level food is pointless, but you can get high quality food (eg Twisted Vale Delight or Halfling Brocolli) at very low level, and it totally beats the base 35 HP potion. But hey, you only use potions after all so what would you know.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Ale that gives you +4 STR and +4 COU (so +4 DMG and + 8 PHY RES) at the cost of 4 CHA

You just wasted turn to get +4 dmg buff for short time instead of attacking for 100+ (usual) damage. Good job. And wasted belt slot which you could used for full heal for 90 hp.

Yeah. Some of the food early game is basically a potion plus regen so it would be retarded not to use it. It’s strictly better.

I also have enough grenades to keep the thief provisioned and also add a tactical option to a character or two. I don’t find my Ranger ever uses a potion for example so I give him a grenade since early game his tactical options are limited.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I always remember this movie when arguing with french

Well, the French in that movie are the ones at the top of that wall, and they are certainly more creative in their insults than :
"Retarded"
"Dumbfuck"

Don't know what brand of Slav you are, but you can't be Serbs, my Serb friends have very convoluted and efficient ways to insult someone, a skill that sadly I don't have.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Well if you need that many heal potions in a battle maybe you should not comment.

In hardest difficulty better to have pots to be safe, you dont have much options except weak food/alcohol or bombs which you should use on thief.

And
Listen here, frenchie. You dont tell me what to do and i wont tell where you should go, got it? I am Russian and you are from some weaking country, who cant even fight back.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Ale that gives you +4 STR and +4 COU (so +4 DMG and + 8 PHY RES) at the cost of 4 CHA

You just wasted turn to get +4 dmg buff for short time instead of attacking for 100+ (usual) damage. Good job. And wasted belt slot which you could used for full heal for 90 hp.
100+ damage ? I guess only end-game deserves consideration for the balancing of the game.
Guess what, there is beginning and mid-game.
I am mid-game, I just cleaned up the goblin-announcer. I am NOT doing 100+ damage. The +4 DMG buff makes some differences when it is available from the first floor.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't know what brand of Slav you are, but you can't be Serbs, my Serb friends have very convoluted and efficient ways to insult someone, a skill that sadly I don't have.

In WW2 we fought Germans (respect, good warriors, may they reach Valhalla) while you frenchies just ran away, screaming. Fcking weaklings. You will never please Crom.

You cant even deal with mudslim Allah Akbar cryers now. Killed good teacher, just out of hate. Heard in news.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I am mid-game, I just cleaned up the goblin-announcer. I am NOT doing 100+ damage. The +4 DMG bug makes some differences when it is available from the first floor.

Gratz on killing goblin on easy mode. I finished on hardest (Gzor Nightmare) like 2-3 weaks ago.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

In WW2 we fought Germans (respect, good warriors, may they reach Valhalla) while you frenchies just ran away, screaming. Fcking weaklings. You will never please Crom.

You cant even deal with mudslim scum, that infects your country with Allah Akbar now.
Sorry, ethno-nationalist shitposting is there : https://rpgcodex.net/forums/forums/politics-god-the-wealth-of-nations.57/ Here we are talking about RPG.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

100+ damage ? I guess only end-game deserves consideration for the balancing of the game.
I am mid-game, I just cleaned up the goblin-announcer. I am NOT doing 100+ damage. The +4 DMG bug makes some differences when it is available from the first floor.

InEffect poisoned his mind.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

You cant even deal with mudslim scum, that infects your country with Allah Akbar now.
Sorry, ethno-nationalist shitposting is there : https://rpgcodex.net/forums/forums/politics-god-the-wealth-of-nations.57/ Here we are talking about RPG.

We are talking about clueless french, who knows not what he is talking about. Truth hurts.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

InEffect poisoned his mind.

InEffect is my bro. He is cool. And not french.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom