Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - parodic fantasy tactical RPG - now with Back to the Futon DLC

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Combat gets better with higher levels, turned back to nightmare and this fight was probably one of the most retarded fights I have ever encountered in any rpg]
Yeah, that goblins-golems encounter on nightmare was harder than anything I've seen in WL3 on super jerk. :incline:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There is not too many puzzles probably around 1 each area or less.
And how many combats per area?
I would say probably around 3-7 if you do side quests also (main quest 3-5, quests 0-3)

Combat gets better with higher levels, turned back to nightmare and this fight was probably one of the most retarded fights I have ever encountered in any rpg

LoL,nah the guy in the video had really poor builds. Just saw that his elf lacked the healing skill,which is very good,and that he had the useless ricochet upgrade.
That said the combat is pretty brutal. You get your ass raped a lot. I when to the stalkers underleveled and got my ass raped lol. For me the most useless character is the thief lol,that shit dies from one hit,does generic damage and fucking have useless skills. The fuck also lacks the things you would think he is best at,like mobility and initiative. Most people haven't noticed that initiative is governed by courage,i am trying to build up to 15 for everyone,but it hard lol.

This game consumes a lot of GPU ... or at least in my case.

When I play it my RX 590 gets hot like a baker's oven.
Hmmm,not really,it runs fine on my gtx580,on high. Maybe it is time to change your termal paste or it could be just radeon being radeon. They generally do overheat more.

movement speed in combat.
Ahhh yeah,the generic TB problem,only Vogel managed to make games where the combat is actually fast. There is an option to speed up animation in the settings,if that is still too slow,be like me and use speed hacks on cheatengine.

Also yeah,no niggers or other degenerate subhuman shit,the game is unapologetic and i love it,will end up buying it for sure :smug:. That said.....the censor of the word fuck is mighty annoying :argh::argh::argh:!

t's just a collection of tropes and cliches. If you can ignore it
Liberals could never get humour....

Yeah, that goblins-golems encounter on nightmare was harder than anything I've seen in WL3 on super jerk
Well W3 is pretty mediocre and generic,i like this one a lot more than W3. As for Dlul i too didn't find another option to deal with it,and killed the fuckers. Tho i have the feel that there is another option.

Sotomonte

Educated
Hmmm,not really,it runs fine on my gtx580,on high. Maybe it is time to change your termal paste or it could be just radeon being radeon. They generally do overheat more.
[

Hmm, I don't think so. This PC is a year old at the most, so I don't think it will be a thermal paste thing (for example, right now I'm playing Kingmaker and Batman Arkham Knight, and neither of them does the GPU go that crazy).

Probably, as you say, is Radeon being Radeon ... as in its day it happened with Sword Coast Legends, with which my R9 280X became mad too when I played it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First fight once the tutorial is more or less done and all it took was two flankings to completely bring the party down. AI seems to know how to press an advantage. Also barbarian.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I would say probably around 3-7 if you do side quests also (main quest 3-5, quests 0-3)

Combat gets better with higher levels, turned back to nightmare and this fight was probably one of the most retarded fights I have ever encountered in any rpg

LoL,nah the guy in the video had really poor builds. Just saw that his elf lacked the healing skill,which is very good,and that he had the useless ricochet upgrade.
That said the combat is pretty brutal. You get your ass raped a lot. I when to the stalkers underleveled and got my ass raped lol. For me the most useless character is the thief lol,that shit dies from one hit,does generic damage and fucking have useless skills. The fuck also lacks the things you would think he is best at,like mobility and initiative. Most people haven't noticed that initiative is governed by courage,i am trying to build up to 15 for everyone,but it hard lol.

I did not watch that video fully that was just my personal experience.

At chapter 5 now a lot of melee enemies 1 shot most of my party. Decided to pick minstrel and I think that was a good choice because huge aoe stun + great heal. Also later 8 agility + 3 str buff seems to be huge and then there is same for debuff.

2 most useless characters imo are thief and ranger. Ranger just has easily the best early game buff but other than that he is not doing too much.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I did not watch that video fully that was just my personal experience.

At chapter 5 now a lot of melee enemies 1 shot most of my party. Decided to pick minstrel and I think that was a good choice because huge aoe stun + great heal. Also later 8 agility + 3 str buff seems to be huge and then there is same for debuff.

2 most useless characters imo are thief and ranger. Ranger just has easily the best early game buff but other than that he is not doing too much.

The trick is in team working,i just plop the dwarf and the elf one by one and they kill shit. Also most of your people have range attack,use the overwatch a lot,you get that way double the attack,since they could shoot twice. Barbarian,ogre and ranger on one side with the wizard chick and dwarf elf and priestess on the other side...maybe the thief too. Ogre and barbarian can make anything in to a bloody mush in melee.

Also barbarian.
By CROM,the barbarian is really fun :lol::lol::lol:

That said,did anyone managed to figure out the statues that are one at a floor? You have to puzzle them vertically to open something somewhere for sure,but i can't get the runes to figure it out.

Another question. Has anyone been to the locked north-western part of the first floor and the basement? They seem connected but haven't figured out how to open it. Is it some side quest or is it open in later chapter?

Oh and the locked door in the middle of the tavern really bugs me off!!!

Brickfrog

Learned
The jokes are about one tier above referencing "over 9000" but the game is quiet good overall. If you are still laughing at 'mah lazor' memes you will not want to skip dialogue. difficulty is pretty hard. You are outnumbered by enemies with more health, higher damage, and a clever AI. You have few advantages and you'd better make use of all of them.

I picked minstrel and am really, really regretting it. Anyone happy with their companion choice?

Last edited:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
That said,did anyone managed to figure out the statues that are one at a floor? You have to puzzle them vertically to open something somewhere for sure,but i can't get the runes to figure it out.

No idea how those work I have found 3 or 4 of those spinning statues

Another question. Has anyone been to the locked north-western part of the first floor and the basement? They seem connected but haven't figured out how to open it. Is it some side quest or is it open in later chapter?

Oh and the locked door in the middle of the tavern really bugs me off!!!

Chapter 6 now and tavern door still locked. Locked doors are side quests related you should talk to npcs once a while (mainly in the inn) think I have whole first door and basement done.

I picked minstrel and am really, really regretting it. Anyone happy with their companion choice?

Minstrel becomes a beast later after you get aoe stun + passive skills he gains +2 movement so he is easy to position optimally. Paladin also looked good and priestess kinda underwhelming (this is just based on their skills and not in actual testing)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No idea how those work I have found 3 or 4 of those spinning statues
They are on every level i think,they are like the ones from the training ground,but you have to choose the right one on every level and something will open somewhere for sure. But have no idea what.

Locked doors are side quests related you should talk to npcs once a while
Yeah,i am checking all the places at the start of every chapter,the side quests are funny. Shame that there is not much to buy with money tho :(.

priestess kinda underwhelming
She is pretty good,i chose her. She have nice chain lightning skill and very good healing,even has a aoe healing later on. Most companions have an option to make a skill stun,i am using the mage chick for that. I thought that the bard was shit,it seems all the companions are viable,depends on the player's stile.

thesecret1

Arcane
Didn't get very far yet (still at the Inn) but so far it's pretty enjoyable. The gameplay seems pretty solid, the difficulty is merciless but fair, and I enjoy the humor quite a bit (albeit I wish they toned down the refferences to other franchises). Pleasantly surprised by this.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Seems game is still bugged at stats calculation even with 19th Sep patch, best to wait for a few more patches.

Reported bugs said:
1. The description for AGI is: +2 precision per AGI point over 10
AGI is only raising precision by +1 for the first point, per level.

INT and CHA aren't increasing precision correctly for the Priestess/Sorceress

2. Items such as the Bulls Eye ring isn't raising precision.

3. The health regeneration stat on equipment disappears after every battle. The only way to get it back is reequipping the items.

4. The Ogre's health regeneration perk PERMANENTLY disables after one battle, and never comes back.

5. CON isn't raising physical resist

6. Elven agility perk isn't increasing AGI.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/970830/discussions/3/2941370278939627728/

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
wat
ziZwqEK.png

tis too much for my feeble brain
DhYFwDa.png

Also this Unity thing wants 8 gig of RAM so if you want to play it in a coffeeshop on your shit laptop, it aint happening...

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

?
There is a roll for parrying. If you max that roll you not only parry perfectly, you also strike back with an attack that always hits true, no matter how high your enemies parry/dodge is.

Also has anyone else had some disgusting bugs with eternal loading screens? I can't enter level 0 the entrance atm, because the game always gets stuck loading. The exe still runs fine and the little chicken aswell, but nothing happens even after dozens of minutes.
I am putting this aside for patches aswell. Really fun game tho.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I too got a gamebreaking bug : stuck during Binsc & Moo quest just after the fight with the rats.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
This game sticks the humor and the characters really well. Obviously the most subjective thing ever, but there was maybe one joke in 7 hours that made me cringe, the rest was genuinly funny. Skill and item descriptions are amazing.

Does everyone get good at some point, or is some characters sucking just part of the charm?

By now the Mage and the Barbarian are gods,
the Elf, Ranger and Dwarf are usefull,
the Thief and Priestess are bad
and the Ogre is awfull.

I think Thief and Priestess will absolutely catch up, they just have some back loaded kits, but the Ogre is a tank that dies in two hits while having an effective accuracy of below 30% if you factor in dodge and parry.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This game sticks the humor and the characters really well. Obviously the most subjective thing ever, but there was maybe one joke in 7 hours that made me cringe, the rest was genuinly funny. Skill and item descriptions are amazing.

Does everyone get good at some point, or is some characters sucking just part of the charm?

and the Ogre is awfull.

I think Thief and Priestess will absolutely catch up, they just have some back loaded kits, but the Ogre is a tank that dies in two hits while having an effective accuracy of below 30% if you factor in dodge and parry.

Agree on the Mage and the Barbarian.
The Ranger is also not so bad, double damage and stun on targets with full health make him a great opener.

The skills that really made the Thief to finally click for me were the caltrops upgrade that doesn't break invisibility and passive +50% vs targets with status effects.

The Ogre never worked as a tank for me, as I could not get his protection high enough. He's half-decent as a heavy hitter.
The Dwarf makes a much better tank, I have him at 15-18 protection at level 5, so he can take beating as good as give it.

And fuck it, I'll say it - the Ogre-throw-Dwarf combo is incredibly powerful, as disrespectful as it is!
Just need to tweak their initiative so the Dwarf goes right after the Ogre and can use his twirling-axe AOE right after landing.

Harthwain

Magister
I too got a gamebreaking bug : stuck during Binsc & Moo quest just after the fight with the rats.
I got a bug where the game freezes after using the lift. And that's AFTER I downloaded a patch for the game today.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron

and the Ogre is awfull.

Agree on the Mage and the Barbarian.
The Ranger is also not so bad, double damage and stun on targets with full health make him a great opener.

The skills that really made the Thief to finally click for me were the caltrops upgrade that doesn't break invisibility and passive +50% vs targets with status effects.

The Ogre never worked as a tank for me, as I could not get his protection high enough. He's half-decent as a heavy hitter.
The Dwarf makes a much better tank, I have him at 15-18 protection at level 5, so he can take beating as good as give it.

And fuck it, I'll say it - the Ogre-throw-Dwarf combo is incredibly powerful, as disrespectful as it is!
Just need to tweak their initiative so the Dwarf goes right after the Ogre and can use his twirling-axe AOE right after landing.

The axe twirl is what makes the dworf for me. 100% hit rate, since I took the 120% upgrade over the aoe stun and built him high STR that can straigh up anihilate rats and other spam adds.
I took poison caltrops with the thief, and leveled stealth really late. Probably a bad idea, the thief never gets tanky enough to play the harrassing bruiser I wanted him to be.
Ranger is definitly good, but there is a degree of power that whirl of whazza with stun and warcry with +10% crit have that he never reaches. Still a solid addition.
I am surprised by how well the elf holds up. As soon as I removed friendly fire from the chain shot she became really good. If she was a bit more tanky I would have put here as OP aswell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom