Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - turn-based RPG based on parodic French fantasy setting

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Abu Antar, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

• Salute x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Man, same here. I was going to skip it as shovelware until I saw this thread praise it. Definitely one of the better games that came out this year.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    This, fucking this. Also the same applies to retarded camera scrolling to show critical hit or whatever it was that wasteland 3 has. Don't take camera control away from me in tactical combat unless I allow it!

^ Top  
  4. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Obviously it's not wildly successful but it seems this is the most successful game for both the developer and the publisher.

• incline incline x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    It must be word of mouth - people seem to be happily surprised that the combat is actually decent and, considering that it's a French game, not a technical mess.

^ Top  
  6. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Another indie dev managed to not be hit by the Unity loading times of death while companies with hundreds of employees can't do it :M
    Takes me like 3-4 seconds to load a level

[edit]
    also, appears they plan on releasing a PS4 version after checking the files. Was that already confirmed?

^ Top  
  7. Harthwain Savant

Harthwain
    I think I found out how to make the Ogre semi-useful: keep him behind the main line and delay his turn, then aggro everyone. Next turn put him in defense mode. Enemies will give you attacks of opportunity and deal less damage overall (assuming they can even reach the Ogre). Next passive I get for him will be the one that increases protection, so he can soak damage even without being in defense mode (useful against enemies with high initative/Courage).

Also, I gave the Dwarf Lead Belt and with all other items he has 12 protection and 18 parry (28 with the Ranger's bonus from Tactic: Defensive Maneuver). He was able to effortlessly tank 4-5 Orcs in the last battle by parrying and soaking damage. All that without defense mode enabled.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    In dungeon of naheulbeuk original story the elf gained bigger titties after getting a level up and morecharisma , the barbarian noticing it screamed " CROM!" , it"s very old and AD&D parody . What was normal humor by then is probably viewed as unacceptable by medias , and only by them, but who cares aboutt hem anymore.

• incline incline x 3
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Gimme gimme chicken tendies
    [​IMG]

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. baud Magister Patron

baud
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think that's a compromise they did when adapting the source material: the elf was already annoying in the mp3 sagas, so if they don't want to lose those that bought the game because of the license, they'd have to keep her that way. And since not everyone would be fan of the elf, they just added a option to mute her.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    After playing the demo for 10 minutes back in july, i really wanted to hate the game but you make it look like the combat is more than decent so i'll probably buy it if/when all the bugs are squashed.

I'll probably hate the humor with passion (Early Naheulbeuk audio series was good but it soon got extremely retarded) though.

^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    what happens if you don't drink the antidote?
    and is there any way to see traps without using the slow ass thief?

^ Top  
  13. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Is this game gud?

• Yes Yes x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    The humor slowly grew on me, it's not bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Yeah, I like the humor too. It's not the side-splitting kind of humor, but one where you just smile at the ridiculous lines and conflicts. I keep feeling as though this kind of humor used to be really common back in the day, but you rarely see it nowadays. Probably because every retard out there subverts stereotypes nowadays, so when you actually see a normal stereotype, it feels new.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  16. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    BTW, misc does not mean trash. I've had misc items that are used in puzzles.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Anyone know what the riddle item is for the door on Abandoned Floor? It thought it'd be an egg, but that was incorrect.

^ Top  
  18. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    what's the riddle?

^ Top  
  19. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    it went something like "it's hard to tell if it's a he or a she, but it often dies before you find out or hear its song, and if it lives then it outlived its name" or something along those lines.

^ Top  
  20. Reapa Doom Preacher

Reapa
    why is this not marked as incline?

^ Top  
  21. Harthwain Savant

Harthwain
    Probably. The jokes are painfully obvious, so you can see the punchline from a mile away and I am suspecting something was lost in the translation too, because delivery feels flat. If you played the demo and didn't like it, then I have to warn you: it doesn't get any better later on in terms of quality of humor.

I found this format...:

...to be kinda funny though.

Somebody said the items that will come in handy have a description "You never know when it might be useful" or something like that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    :hmmm:

The answer is chicken. Not going to mark it with spoiler tags because a french person will have to explain it to us, I assume the riddle was lost in translation.

^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Which came first?

^ Top  
  24. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    That's why I thought it was gonna be the egg... but in the end they want an already hatched chicken? So the hen bomb, probably?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Rafidur Educated

Rafidur
    From googling it french people are confused too and expected an egg to be the answer. It might kind of make sense because only adult roosters sing?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.