Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk - turn-based RPG based on parodic French fantasy setting

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Abu Antar, Jul 31, 2015.

1. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    There was one where the answer was egg.

^ Top  
  2. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    [​IMG]
    :happytrollboy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    In case someone is colorblind, the solution to the goblin color puzzle is
    Show Spoiler
    Green, blue, yellow, red, green
    2 4 3 1 2 when facing South(facing the puzzle,) 1 on your left, 4 on your right

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Darth Canoli Magister

Darth Canoli
    I already expected terrible humor, i quit because i was at the end of my rope after the tutorial and the first 1vs1 combat retarded combo which led to 2vs 2 combat + turorial...

Someone tell me you can skip that shit.

By the way, if you can stomach Naheulbeuk's humor, you should play Grotesque Tactics 2. (80% off right now)
    It's German this time, i like the humor better (a lot of people hate it though, macho jokes mostly as far as i remember).
    The combat is decent, there is a lot of side quests and there's quite a few giant bosses with a semi open-world underground to explore.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. *-*/\--/\~ Arbiter

*-*/\--/\~
    Exactly. Hold the damn developer underwater until he watches a full turn of combat to drive the point home.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Fate points system is one of my favorite parts of the game TBH. Being able to offset a streak of bad luck by conserving/using your fate points is nice.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Especially since then each miss also feels like "at least I filled up the gauge somewhat". It's a good system showing a different approach to RNG, instead of faking it like XCOM does. I thin there's even a thread somewhere about how players hate randomness since even 90% hit chance can lead to missing 5 times in a row, and how the randomness needs to be replaced by semi-random systems, etc.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    What stats are you guys using? I'm finding agility to be very useful on all of the non-casters. I do enough damage, hitting shit is more important and it also gives dodge which is survivability.

^ Top  
  9. GentlemanCthulhu Savant

GentlemanCthulhu
    Lol. Yeah the game is pretty neat for what it is. Combat is pretty interesting. Though I dislike not being able to fully disable motion blur and that awful control scheme when using kb+m.

^ Top  
  10. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Once you get further and stop getting misses so often, it'll become more viable to invest into Strength for those impact bonuses.

^ Top  
  11. Gregz Arcane

Gregz
    I'm loving this game

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  12. Harthwain Savant

Harthwain
    Technically there is the option to disable tutorial, but all it does is disable the explainatory text and the forced movement. You will still have to go through 1vs1 combat, then 2vs2 combat, etc. until you reach the post-tutorial section. Frankly, the game seems to be linear. The only difference is how you distribute stats and which skills you pick, but you don't have that many of them to warrant a lot of replayability.

It's a concept I'd like to see more often in RNG-based games. I liked how Hard West did it too.

On a lot of heroes I go for Agility, for two reasons: to be able to hit (Ranger, Barbarian) and to increase the chance to dodge (Thief, Elf). Wizardess got Intelligence (sitting at 22 total at the moment), but lately I put a bunch of points into Agility too. On Dwarf and Ogre I go for Constitution, because they are essentially tanks, so it's more important for them to survive than to hit back.

^ Top  
  13. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Ogre hits like a truck, he just needs some precision to help him out.

I like the level design. You revisit older levels a lot but because of all the shortcuts/stairs/gates you open it's not really backtracking. Well done.

There's a good deal of sidequests btw, not entirely linear. A couple quests so far have had alternative routes too.

^ Top  
  14. NJClaw Ontopolover by choice Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I would love to try this out, but 35€? What are you guys, Nigerian princes?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    get the 100% codex discount to try it before buying

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Bro it might be worth it. I don't regret the purchase.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    • Salute x 6
    • incline x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious x 2
    • Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. V_K Arcane

V_K
    Also Frayed Knights, Heroine's Quest, Quest for Infamy and Dwarf Run. All good to excellent games. Is there a pattern there, I wonder?

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Nortar Savant Patron

Nortar
    Finally beat it.

[​IMG]

I've enjoyed combat much more than in Othercide and WL3.
    The hardest battles happened during the first half of the game - it's the "goblins+golems" battle and the "wheel of misfortune".
    If former was just hard, the later was fucking brutal.
    After that the difficulty goes down rapidly. The only remaining noticeable fights were the optional "hidden" boss and the final encounter and only due to special mechanics.

There are a couple tongue in cheek hints at DLC or expansion, but for a change I would not mind getting more of the same.

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Harthwain Savant

Harthwain
    My main problem in the early fights was survival. The Ogre was more useful to me taking hits than attacking, especially since he had problems hitting, even with help. That's why I focused on giving him more health (I am playing on third highest difficult level).

But I guess you're correct and the alternate route (to the one I am following right now) would be increasing Agility, giving him the weapon perk and the perk that grants him +10 Precision by having the Wizardess next to him, so he can deal a lot of damage (and she can benefit from being next to the Ogre, by having her Intelligence increased).

^ Top  
  21. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Why are they called "lewd masks"? Is something being lost in translation?

^ Top  
  22. Nortar Savant Patron

Nortar
    How else would you call a mask of a literal "sexual predator"? :M

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    You should write the colour translations on a paper,there are more such puzzles later on.

^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    GameBanshee review: https://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews...euk-the-amulet-of-chaos-review/all-pages.html

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.