Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim "The economy, stupid" Recommend me economic games

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah. Only Pirates do that though, as far as I know. Also if you want scarier pirates try Tahlan Shipworks - it gives the pirates some pretty cool toys.
I'm not that good with the game yet to try harder stuff :P
Also since he displayed the new skill system I'm kinda stuck waiting for it. It's a mental thing I guess

im not too experienced with full on strategy economic based gameplay per se

and ill probably get mauled for this

but sins of a solar empire has a very rudimentary economy consisting of spending your asteroid minign earnings on either tech trees, bribing other factions or buying off pirates before they wreck your shit

nice UI

servicable graphics and plenty of huge fleet antics in the late game

recommended if you are into that sort of thing

https://store.steampowered.com/app/204880/Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellion/

exe

Augur
Transport Giant, it's like Railroad Tycoon, you start with horse wagons, than trains(from first straight up to maglev) and later planes. It has a nice long campaign and skirmish and sandbox. Can recommend, really loved playing it.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Last edited:

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron

Perkel

Arcane
Obvious one Factorio.

You take resources and convert them into usefull things to make other useful things that will make other useful things that will...

X3 as some said is one of the best economy space games but it requires mods to be playable like Litecube overhaul. Literally 100s of hours and at the end of the day you will be standing at top of your own capital ships with your own fleets destroying and conquering world after world with all of that supported by your industries.

fastjack

Augur
Personally I have found train games like Railroad Tycoon along with the Patrician series and 1400 the guild to be some of the funnest economic games. I was recently disappointed by Interstellar Trading Company and felt like it was basically a poor copy of games like Railroad Tycoon.

What is everyone's favorite railroad company sim and/or entry in the patrician series? Would some of these Transport games that include carts ships etc. be an upgrade from pure railroad games or are they broader but shallower?

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
Personally I have found train games like Railroad Tycoon along with the Patrician series and 1400 the guild to be some of the funnest economic games. I was recently disappointed by Interstellar Trading Company and felt like it was basically a poor copy of games like Railroad Tycoon.

What is everyone's favorite railroad company sim and/or entry in the patrician series? Would some of these Transport games that include carts ships etc. be an upgrade from pure railroad games or are they broader but shallower?

Railroad company sim: Railroad Tycoon 3 is my favorite, recently I have been playing with Mashinky.
Patrician series: Patrician 3 is still the best for me. The art style is really good and I feel the sequels remove some features and feel very glossy graphic wise.

Perkel

Arcane
Partican is great.
As for Anno avoid new ones. They suck.

First Anno1602 is still the greatest.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Port Royale is probably the best pirate/corsair game in the Patrician series (much better than the dedicated pirate spin offs for sure). Unfortunately, PR2 and 3 made the combat more streamlined, with a single ship. Maybe it works better, but it turned me off.

I found out The Corporate MAchine in my Steam Library, but I have never played it. Steam reviews are mixed but it sure fits the theme.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/351080/The_Corporate_Machine/

The Constructor series on gog is an hybrid real estate game - with a thin layer of gang management. It could somewhat count depending on how you view the economy :)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Running a small club in Football Manager. Not even much of a football fan, but no other game have surpassed the management aspect of that game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well in interstellar economies it's not about supply and demand. Distance and travel costs are too high. And there is important an ability of a system to be self-sufficient even after trade collapse.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Well in interstellar economies it's not about supply and demand. Distance and travel costs are too high. And there is important an ability of a system to be self-sufficient even after trade collapse.

Aurora 4x comes to mind

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Railroad Tycoon II. I'm still looking to find something of the same quality, but dealing with more than just railroad transport.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Indeed, that is why it always triggered me to import food over space travel(I still love MOO2, but seriously, how is it supposed to work?). The only things that would make sense would be to transport complex technoligical items that the destination planet cannot really produce, or organics/species/plants that are unique to some planets and have some unique properties(spice!).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How comes nobody has recommended the quintessential economy simulation for the refined gentleman, yet?

42547-lula-the-sexy-empire-windows-screenshot-casting.jpg
https://www.mobygames.com/game/lula-the-sexy-empire

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom